PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Johnny Manziel

Teddy Bridgewater is ,right now, the best QB in College Football, at least in terms of projecting to the pros. He;s not at Luck's level although he's just finished his soph. year, but he's the next step down. Very smart, incredibly calm under pressure and has a lovely touch on the thrown ball.

Spot on. As a classic pro style drop back QB, Bridgwater's the best prospect since Luck. Probably will be better than Stafford, Bradford and their ilk.

But it's unusual to grow past 20. Besides Manzy for some reason, at least on TV, looks older than 20. He does not look like a freshman at all.

I think he may come out this year--let alone in three years. Which might be a wise decision given the punishment his body takes... make some bucks before you end up on the IR.

He has one more season before he's draft eligible.

Last edited:
He'll be a RS soph after next year.

He'd be crazy to come out. His passing skills are a long way from developed but there is promise there and if he develops them, he could get boosted in to the stratosphere. His size might be a problem though. He's barely 6'0 but he's also really skinny. Definitely needs to fill out. Did you see how much padding he was wearing in The Cotton Bowl?

Just one thought. If his passing doesn't progress to the point where he'd be considered a legit NFL QB, do you think BB gets interested in him as an Edelman type? His vision and COD speed are extraordinary. Not only does he have eyes in the back of his head, but in both sides too. Either that or he has elite peripheral vision.

We'll never draft high enough to get a whiff of Manziel. It's a waste of mental energy even talking about.

The guy I like from the Cotton Bowl is Landry Jones in the losing effort. Poised, solid in the pocket, good arm motion with a pretty accurate ball. Not his fault he's playing for the inferior team. Much better fit for our system, and much more affordable, if we can get him in the late 3rd or 4th.

McCarron at Alabama is another Belichick-type QB: smart, disciplined, blue collar. Maybe a late pick in 2014.

We'll never draft high enough to get a whiff of Manziel. It's a waste of mental energy even talking about.

The guy I like from the Cotton Bowl is Landry Jones in the losing effort. Poised, solid in the pocket, good arm motion with a pretty accurate ball. Not his fault he's playing for the inferior team. Much better fit for our system, and much more affordable, if we can get him in the late 3rd or 4th.

McCarron at Alabama is another Belichick-type QB: smart, disciplined, blue collar. Maybe a late pick in 2014.

As of right now, Manziel is far less than an ideal passer. Why wouldn't we get a whiff of him? Sure he can improve but right now I'd say he's a 2nd/3rd rounder at best and that's purely based on his running ability.

Agree with you on Landry Jones. Every time I watch him I'm really impressed until the point he throws that bad pass. If he can eliminate that, he could be a very good QB. I'd have no problem if we drafted him with a view to developing him.

As of right now, Manziel is far less than an ideal passer. Why wouldn't we get a whiff of him? Sure he can improve but right now I'd say he's a 2nd/3rd rounder at best and that's purely based on his running ability.

LOL... because some team like Oakland or Jacksonville will pull the trigger on him based on visions of instant playoff contention and stunning ticket sales!! Manziel is a marketer's dream come true. Freshman Heisman winner? He'd be a top-25 pick right now, a la Tim Tebow, and with another year of flashy wins over the LSUs and Georgias of the world, and the national media showing him all their love, he'll go top-10 easy, whether he can throw a clean ball or not.

He's not a system QB, he's the savior of some downtrodden, incompetent franchise ;)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back