PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Harbaugh wants to do what Belichick does when it comes to reporting injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is ONE BIG not so subtle difference there.

waiving my right to an underwriter; is to ONE ENTITY (albeit a multi-person corporation); but it is a defined entity for a specific purpose.

publicizing your injury in every newspaper, website, and betting line studio in the world is a LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT IMO.

Also the waiver you are talking about is done ONE TIME for a SPECIFIC EVENT and it is DONE POST INJURY. The NFL WAIVER is essentially done at the time of ENTRY into the NFL and is supposed to be valid for 16-21 times a year for the entire length of the players career? For injuries that havent yet occurred and the player doesnt even know what he may have and if he is willing to disclose it?

The longer I write the more INAPPLICABLE i think your counter argument is.

You dont think a waiver could be written to accommodate this situation?

Week 9: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)
Week 10: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)
Week 11: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)
Week 12: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)
Week 13: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)
Week 14: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)
Week 15: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)
Week 16: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)
Week 17: QB Joe Flacco (probable, vagina)

Fixed it for you. :D

2010 new league rule allows only one NFL coach to do what Bill does....

Guess Harbaugh will have to wait....:D

There is ONE BIG not so subtle difference there.

waiving my right to an underwriter; is to ONE ENTITY (albeit a multi-person corporation); but it is a defined entity for a specific purpose.

publicizing your injury in every newspaper, website, and betting line studio in the world is a LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT IMO.

Also the waiver you are talking about is done ONE TIME for a SPECIFIC EVENT and it is DONE POST INJURY. The NFL WAIVER is essentially done at the time of ENTRY into the NFL and is supposed to be valid for 16-21 times a year for the entire length of the players career? For injuries that havent yet occurred and the player doesnt even know what he may have and if he is willing to disclose it?

The longer I write the more INAPPLICABLE i think your counter argument is.

A waiver is a waiver is a waiver.

It all depends on how it is written. Suffice to say, injury reports have been disseminated for decades now in the NFL (longer than HIPAA has been in existence). The privacy regulations under HIPAA were enacted into law over 9 years ago. If any player had a HIPAA privacy concern, it would have been challenged by now.

You can't seriously argue that, EACH YEAR - - over 9+ years, this has simply flown under the radar with 1600+ professional football players.......and their agents.

You don't find it odd that Jim Harbaugh is *****ing about it out of competitive pique, yet the NFLPA has not said one word????? With all due respect, THAT is game, set and match against your argument right there.

Wouldn't you imagine that over 9+ years, the cadres of NFLPA lawyers would have stumbled on this legal opening if it were something that was not already well negotiated and agreed upon by all parties?

We all know the answer.

Harbuagh is simply talking out of his endzone and looking like a shrill and uninformed amateur.

Last edited:
People can never do things without having to sly dig the Patriots, leave us out of it!!!

People can never do things without having to sly dig the Patriots, leave us out of it!!!

It's been that way since around 2003.

I go back to the fall of 1974 as a Pats fan. For my first 30 years following them, no one in the NFL took any unsolicited, sly digs at them. For much of that time, they were as much as an afterthought as the Jaguars or Browns.

I like it this way much better.

It's been that way since around 2003.

I go back to the fall of 1974 as a Pats fan. For my first 30 years following them, no one in the NFL took any unsolicited, sly digs at them. For much of that time, they were as much as an afterthought as the Jaguars or Browns.

I like it this way much better.

Agreed.
At least some of the dislike is envy of the Patriots' success. Hey, fandom is largely based on emotion. So when another team is winning far more than their share? That team is probably going to be the target of emotion that will sometimes take the form of hatred. It's relatively understandable for some average fans to do this. When HCs do it? Paaaathetic!
As big a mouth as Rex has (it's a gaping pie hole of titanic proportions), I don't remember him ever taking these kind of 'lying/cheating' swipes that this dips#!+ Harbaugh has taken at least twice. I greatly prefer the usually entertaining nature of that blowhard gamesmanship over what Harbaugh has done twice now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back