PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Judge clashed with receivers in 2019....

"Antonio... you were supposed to run an incut..." "You don't know what you're talking about!"

I don't think it matters whether or not Judge clashed with anyone in 2019... I don't want him coaching anyone on the Patriots roster in 2022.

I hope Joe Judge stays away from WRs and let’s Troy Brown do his thing. I have full confidence in. Brown.

Maybe Judge can work with TEs.

Do we know who will be calling the plays on offense?

I hope Joe Judge stays away from WRs and let’s Troy Brown do his thing. I have full confidence in. Brown.

Maybe Judge can work with TEs.

Do we know who will be calling the plays on offense?
Probably Judge or Fat Matt will call the plays, Troy coaching the WR’s, Nick coaching TE’s…………………..IMO.

O’Brien in 2023 if either OC fails.

Last edited:
You're missing the point, Sicilian. If one of the veteran WRs we had on the team said that to Judge during practice, that speaks volumes, imho.

Meyers has excelled since BROWN was the sole guy as WR coach. I think that what we saw from Bourne last year was also because of Brown.

If AB was the guy who told Judge off in practice, don't you think that would have been something that the Pats could have used to hasten Brown's exit?

If it was Edelman telling Judge off, wouldn't that have sent a huge message to the 3 rookies that they shouldn't be paying attention to him?

Doesn't it also give way to Brown spending a lot more time with them outside of practice when he was actually the Asst RB coach and not WR coach?

No, I get the point, I just don't agree that this is some kind of smoking gun. Nor do I think you can use things like Meyers' progression as an indictment of Judge, because it's not at all unusual for a WR (especially an undrafted one) to get better in year 2, and his continued improvement in year 3 could be as much to do with going from Newton to Jones as anything else. It's entirely possible that Judge is a really bad WR coach, I'm not even disputing that possibility. I just think saying things like "Meyers got better once Brown was coaching him" is correlation rather than definite causation. And if part of the reason they got rid of Brown was that he was yelling at a coach in his first WEEK on the team, then I agree with the decision to cut him even more.

Curran's slowly becoming a clickbait troll. Who cares?

N'Keal failed because he's football dumb, mentally weak and lacks confidence. Meyers succeeded with less athleticism because he's none of those things.

Joe Judge had zero to do with Tom Brady sustaining multiple injuries in 2019... this is a big nothing burger with cheese.

Oh yeah, and for those saying Judge's coaching acumen is going to be a problem, maybe take note how the special teams degraded here after his departure... much like the O-Line without Scar.

Last edited:
No, I get the point, I just don't agree that this is some kind of smoking gun. Nor do I think you can use things like Meyers' progression as an indictment of Judge, because it's not at all unusual for a WR (especially an undrafted one) to get better in year 2, and his continued improvement in year 3 could be as much to do with going from Newton to Jones as anything else. It's entirely possible that Judge is a really bad WR coach, I'm not even disputing that possibility. I just think saying things like "Meyers got better once Brown was coaching him" is correlation rather than definite causation. And if part of the reason they got rid of Brown was that he was yelling at a coach in his first WEEK on the team, then I agree with the decision to cut him even more.
Meyers got better once BB stopped benching him for Harry.

Meyers got better once BB stopped benching him for Harry.

Meyers got better through practice reps, experience, offseason programs, hard work, and coaching. You can't reduce a player's progression to a singular coaching decision.

You're missing the point, Sicilian. If one of the veteran WRs we had on the team said that to Judge during practice, that speaks volumes, imho.

Meyers has excelled since BROWN was the sole guy as WR coach. I think that what we saw from Bourne last year was also because of Brown.

If AB was the guy who told Judge off in practice, don't you think that would have been something that the Pats could have used to hasten Brown's exit?

If it was Edelman telling Judge off, wouldn't that have sent a huge message to the 3 rookies that they shouldn't be paying attention to him?

Doesn't it also give way to Brown spending a lot more time with them outside of practice when he was actually the Asst RB coach and not WR coach?
We also had Mo Sanu and Josh Gordon on the team that year, not only Antonio Brown. And really the only other guys that might have said that were Edelman and Dorsett. Those 5.

Who cares. Troy Brown is the WR coach now.

Where's the articles about what Brown has done for Meyers the last 2 years? Or how he helped Bourne come into a complex system and produce well. Bourne was in Shanahan's offense for 4 years with Garopolo as the QB and he comes in to NE with a rookie QB and has a career year.

Joe Judge is a clown

Meyers got better when the QB was willing to throw the ball to him.

Meyers got better when the QB was willing to throw the ball to him.

Respectfully, I think this is the same kind of reductionist thinking that I'm trying to argue against. We have a tendency to look for THE reason for something. "This guy is good because X" or "This guy sucks because Y". It's comforting, because it makes it seem like the answer is just one move away. Meyers didn't enter the league as an 80 catch, 900 yard guy. It doesn't matter what the QB was or wasn't doing, he wasn't going to be that guy in year 1. It took a lot of factors, a lot of growth, and a lot of WORK from multiple people (himself not least of all) to get him where he is now.

Respectfully, I think this is the same kind of reductionist thinking that I'm trying to argue against. We have a tendency to look for THE reason for something. "This guy is good because X" or "This guy sucks because Y". It's comforting, because it makes it seem like the answer is just one move away. Meyers didn't enter the league as an 80 catch, 900 yard guy. It doesn't matter what the QB was or wasn't doing, he wasn't going to be that guy in year 1. It took a lot of factors, a lot of growth, and a lot of WORK from multiple people (himself not least of all) to get him where he is now.
Yes.

Agreed.

I mean, Jakobi caught 60 passes for 750 yards back when Cam Newton and Stidham were his QBs. The guy has been productive even with the most dire circumstances. I would marvel at Cam Newton throwing up a duck 30 yards downfield only to see a wide open Jakobi come down with it

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back