PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JJ out for the season

This is bad news. Jones was very experienced.
But I will say, Williams did quite well on the outside in the 2nd half. And I've like Bryant since last year, I wonder if he can play slot?
He played DMC's spot in the 2nd half. I don't know where Bethel fits in too. But those 2 might be only fits at slot corner. If Mills keeps sucking so bad on the outside, I'm ready to give Williams a shot. Maybe Mills would be better at FS if DMC misses a few games?

If the Pats had traded him last season, the whiny brigade would have been screaming for Belichick's head on a platter. Accused him of tanking on purpose and all sorts of other garbage.

BTW, who is to say any team would have offered more than a 6th round pick last year for Gilmore.. Any hard proof or just media speculation?
Yeah, they would, and obviously I dont have hard proof, but he was reigning DPOY, 2 years of contract (one extremely cheap, technically, holdout/re-signing wouldnt be our problem), had dipped in stats IIRC, but was still a Top 10 corner, maybe 15 in an angry day

Bradley Ruby for example, way younger guy true, netted a 3rd round and a 6th round... So you know, I have to think that Gilmore would have more value than just a 6th rounder, but of course this is still speculation

Last edited:
This is bad news. Jones was very experienced.
But I will say, Williams did quite well on the outside in the 2nd half. And I've like Bryant since last year, I wonder if he can play slot?
He played DMC's spot in the 2nd half. I don't know where Bethel fits in too. But those 2 might be only fits at slot corner. If Mills keeps sucking so bad on the outside, I'm ready to give Williams a shot. Maybe Mills would be better at FS if DMC misses a few games?
Bryant played the slot the entire game yesterday.
Mills has been fine, but is struggling with a hamstring injury.

Last edited:
Surprise, you came in here to try and pile onto a decision and peddle your sh*t narrative.

Says the organizational stooge pretending the Pats OLine was great the first 6 weeks and that the team is loaded in talent.

People are laughing ay my Gunner comment. I am dead serious.

He played CB in college. Has good size and is fast.

JE11 did it. Troy did it. Why not?
Not laughing. I agree.

Any interest in a JMac reunion (if Miami sells)?

Edit: looks like surgery for Jmac as well.

Last edited:
Tough break. Reliable player though he seemed to be slipping a little. Maybe it was injuries.

JMO but I think they will look for young guys to build with rather than JMac. I don't think BB believes this is a contending team and if it could be it will be because Myles Bryant/ J Williams or even Gunner develop out of nowhere, and JC Jackson can take over for Gilmore.

Says the organizational stooge pretending the Pats OLine was great the first 6 weeks and that the team is loaded in talent.

Please tell me when I said the Oline was great...and when did I say the team was loaded? I said they had good enough talent to make something happen.

If you want to try and discredit someone, you have to use words they actually said, not something you made up in your mind.

I dread this off season as my worst fear may come true of Bill drafting more DB’s early with Jackson possibly leaving, JJ being a FA in ‘22 and McCourty’s situation up in the air.

I dread this off season as my worst fear may come true of Bill drafting more DB’s early with Jackson possibly leaving, JJ being a FA in ‘22 and McCourty’s situation up in the air.
They may have to draft DBs early even if they keep Jackson (and they should keep Jackson).

Last edited:
Most of the posters were still whining about what happened with Gilmore didn’t believe that the Patriots had a chance to make any noise this year in the playoffs (or even a chance to make the playoffs) with or without him. If that is their opinion why is Gilmore relevant at all? There was little chance that he was coming back next year, so isn’t it is better to see what the young guys can do in order to prepare for 2022, plus end up with a higher draft slot? To be clear, I am of the opinion that they still have a (small) chance to be relevant in January.

Sucks to lose JJ but I’ve always liked Bryant’s toughness and play making ability. Plus, Wade may have an opening for legit playing time the rest of the season if he can recover from his concussion. I’m still confused about how he suffered such a severe concussion during practice. As has been discussed extensively in the thread about him after the trade with the Raven’s, when Wade was playing at an elite level in college it was from the slot position.

BB is not a 'full pay to the last day' kind of guy.

Numerous examples: McGuinest, Law, Milloy, Seymour, Revis, et al.

History has largely proven him right.

You miss something in the long term, but don't get sunk by big contracts that don't let you sign or keep younger talent.

I hear you but these aren't the dynasty Patriots. This is a team that splurges $300M on free agent contracts, $160M guaranteed, and benches players who are good and plays bad players due to other reasons (like being a 1st round draft bust , or pure idiocy reasons).

I think Bryant is the logical replacement, but even if that's the case, your CB depth is pretty thin. Bring in a free agent and maybe think about getting more reps for a guy like Ross... Someone mentioned Gunner, which is funny, but I mean, he was a D-II CB, and if he REALLY wants to mirror the Edelman track, then...

I hear you but these aren't the dynasty Patriots. This is a team that splurges $300M on free agent contracts, $160M guaranteed, and benches players who are good and plays bad players due to other reasons (like being a 1st round draft bust , or pure idiocy reasons).
This makes less sense than your typical posts.

You mean the injured guy who was NOT activated off pup when he was eligible?
Was about to say that same thing. Gilmore's coming back when he has to, it looks like - week 11, I believe, which will pay him $1m/game this year, or, in the very top echelon of CBs.

Hate that it happened this way,a dn I think they might make a run at a playoff spot with him, but how much would it have really cost them?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back