PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Johnson on Belichick's greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree with this, most coaches also don't have Tom Brady. I don't think you can underestimate how important he has been to BB's success, and vice versa.

Agreed. But brady wasn't great from the start. Belichick protected him for the first few years. It wasn't until a couple of years later when brady matured that he released the kraken.

The mark of a great coach is to know the limits of your players. That's why BB is so great. He always puts you in the best situation to succeed.

doesnt look like he has aged at all

Is that a serious question? If so, Matt Walsh apparently filmed the Rams walk through before Super Bowl 36. I can't remember if it was the globe or herald that reported this, but they had to retract their report because their was no evidence I believe. And Matt Walsh had no such video, nobody did.

So I couldn't remember the name of an obscure video assistant from 10 freaking years ago who nobody ever heard of before or since and yet YOU didn't know that it was Tomese from the Herald who ran the bogus story.

Tomese is a helluvealot more wellknown than Walsh.

I am still very painfully familiar with all the spygate details, don't need a snarky question.

So I couldn't remember the name of an obscure video assistant from 10 freaking years ago who nobody ever heard of before or since and yet YOU didn't know that it was Tomese from the Herald who ran the bogus story.

Tomese is a helluvealot more wellknown than Walsh.

I am still very painfully familiar with all the spygate details, don't need a snarky question.

It wasnt meant to be snarky, Thats a problem with a keyboard, cant decipher context. Asking if it was a serious question was a serious question itself. I was not sure if you were being sarcastic or not when you were asking who Matt Walsh was

He's not lying when he says they are good friends. They go fishing together on Jimmy's boat in Miami. Oh, and this isn't the first time he's said this on national TV.

No doubt...

Jimmy.jpg

Jimmy likes Bill. :)

Couldn't agree more. How many of the other 31 team head coaches do not report to a general manager? BB is, BY FAR, the best personnel guy in the NFL. The Pats don't rebuild; they reload! Oh. And he's not too bad a Head Coach either. ;) Hands down the GOAT.

Jimmy Johnson was one of the very few that defended Belichick over Spygate and told the truth about what it was all about and how it was no big deal. Respect.

Jimmy Johnson also has his own record of achievement at the highest level. He is not butt hurt to see someone else achieve excellence.

I think much of the venom directed at BB is losers lashing out because they are unhappy with themselves, seeing BB and the Pats constantly succeed while the losers continue to fail is what leads to the persection and cheating charges, because it is more conforting to espouse that than it is to look in the mirror.

It wasnt meant to be snarky, Thats a problem with a keyboard, cant decipher context. Asking if it was a serious question was a serious question itself. I was not sure if you were being sarcastic or not when you were asking who Matt Walsh was

Ok cool man. No sarcasm. To show just obscure he is, I googled first and there were NO results on THIS Matt Walsh. Most of the results were a comedian from Chicago and a right-wing nut job blogger. Yeah I agree about keyboards and context. Especially with my exwife. She would often infer 180' from what I intended. I appreciate you responding.

Ok cool man. No sarcasm. To show just obscure he is, I googled first and there were NO results on THIS Matt Walsh. Most of the results were a comedian from Chicago and a right-wing nut job blogger. Yeah I agree about keyboards and context. Especially with my exwife. She would often infer 180' from what I intended. I appreciate you responding.

Yeah no problem, I could have definitely worded it better though

Ok, who the hell is matt Walsh and what was his connection to spygate?

Walsh is the disgruntled Patriot ex-employee who had an axe to grind against the Pats and yet admitted before Congress that the Patriots never asked for the tapes he made for days and he often kept them for upto a week or more.

So the man with the most motive to burn the Patriots admitted that there was absolutely no half-time signal stealing/adjustments going on which should have nullified 95% of the worst of Spygate paranoia/fears.

Yet went all but unreported and uncommented on.

Jimmy Johnson was one of the very few that defended Belichick over Spygate and told the truth about what it was all about and how it was no big deal. Respect.

He sure did. He called it a joke saying he always had a camera on the field with Dallas and Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST