PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Garoppolites appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel the same about someone who saw that play and came away thinking a "push" happened.
Yes. When a hand goes to the chest and the arm that is attached to that hand extends at the end of the route, that’s called a “push.”

Were just gonna continue to ignore the 10 point lead jimmy helped give them and then lay the whole loss on him even though the niners defense couldnt stop kc in each of their last 3 drives.

Right

That niners loss is 90% of the coach and 10% on game changing penalties.

Are you gonna ignore the fact that the 49ers offense had the ball up 20-10 in the fourth quarter and failed to do something with it? Add maybe a fg. They didn’t deliver in the fourth quarter. No points!!!! 20-17 and your offense goes 3 and out. You won’t contain that offense. Your offense has to respond and they didn’t .

Are you gonna ignore the fact that the 49ers offense had the ball up 20-10 in the fourth quarter and failed to do something with it? Add maybe a fg. They didn’t deliver in the fourth quarter. No points!!!! 20-17 and your offense goes 3 and out. You won’t contain that offense. Your offense has to respond and they didn’t .

Pat's scored 3 points through 80% of last year's superbowl and 13 total.

Scoring isnt an easy thing to do.

Saw this comment on PFT:

Kyle Shanahan teams in quarters 1-3 of Super Bowls outscored opponents 48-19.

Kyle Shanahan teams in 4th quarter/overtime of Super Bowls outscored by opponents 46-0.
And that, in a nutshell is Shanahan's mantra, 4th quarter horrid play calling. It was so frustrating watching that game, up by 10 points, with the ball after intercepting Mahomes again, and they get 0 points out of it. Even Aikman said, right now, you run it down their throats. Instead, incomplete passes that stop the clock as a favor to KC. Also, the offensive line choked late, couldn't pick up a blitz to save their lives, and the defense forgot what got them there. It was just one big cluster**** in the 4th quarter. But most of the blame goes to Shanahan.

Pat's scored 3 points through 80% of last year's superbowl and 13 total.

Scoring isnt an easy thing to do.

They scored when they had to. 49ers offense is better than that offense we put in the super bowl last year. It’s a combination of jimmy g and the coaching. I feel.

You really going to argue 2019 Brady is better than Mahomes? Really?!? Mahomes is CURRENTLY the best QB in the NFL and it really isn’t debatable. I’d take Brady four or five years ago over Mahomes, but

That was not the point I was trying to make there.

Brady started to show a decline last year with better weapons than this year.

Brady has shown what he's always shown. He can polish a turd, but he can't change a turd into gold. Arguing that you saw decline in a player who was coming off of an MVP season is amost always silly, as in this instance. Hell, using that argument, Mahomes showed decline this year.

They scored when they had to. 49ers offense is better than that offense we put in the super bowl last year. It’s a combination of jimmy g and the coaching. I feel.

jimmy didnt score yes, but he dropped a dime to kittle that should of resulted in points but all im hearing about is him over throwing sanders on that last drive.

he was 18 for 20 at one point.

jimmy wouldnt be in my top 5 reasons they lost.

Yes. When a hand goes to the chest and the arm that is attached to that hand extends at the end of the route, that’s called a “push.”
Maybe he was watching the game on an old flip phone or something.

Not for nothing, Mahomes wasn't so great in the first 3 quarters, but he certainly was legendary in the 4th. I put 90% of the blame on Shanahan. Just horrible coaching.

You're describing a journeyman, not a master.
He's no master, for sure -- yet. But he's no journeyman either (yet). He remains a work in progress.

Yes, it was. He only played 3 games last year.
So this would be his first full season as a starter, not his first season.

Either way we are talking about a QB who is 28 years old, has been in the league for 6 years, and been on 2 super bowl rosters coming into the game, the look what he did with so little experience card isn’t really in play here.

Thanks Jimmy for throwing up two picks and choking away a Super Bowl victory which otherwise would have had freaking Garoppolites spewing their " we should have kept him and traded Brady" bull shyt alive.

Super Bowls are hard to win. Keeping Brady was infinitely the right choice.

Brady : 6-3

Jimmy Chokoppolo: 0-1

End of story
sooooo, we cant like both Brady and Jimmy?

So this would be his first full season as a starter, not his first season.

Reasonable people understand that 3 games is not an NFL season, particularly given the context of the discussion. You're welcome to keep ****ing that chicken if you want, though.

Either way we are talking about a QB who is 28 years old, has been in the league for 6 years, and been on 2 super bowl rosters coming into the game, the look what he did with so little experience card isn’t really in play here.

He's got 26 starts in 6 NFL seasons, which is less than 2 full seasons worth of starts. So, yes, the look what he did with so little experience card is in play here.

That was not the point I was trying to make there.

Brady has shown what he's always shown. He can polish a turd, but he can't change a turd into gold. Arguing that you saw decline in a player who was coming off of an MVP season is amost always silly, as in this instance. Hell, using that argument, Mahomes showed decline this year.

Cough! Cough! Brett Favre says hello. How quickly people forget. No Favre didn't win the MVP in 2009, but he was a finalist and probably only lost to Manning because Manning was undefeated in games he actually played more than a series or two because the moron, Jim Caldwell, sat the starters the last two games. Favre was toast in 2010 and out of the league in 2011. Favre went from 4200 yards, 33 TDs, and 7 INTs in 2009 to 2500 yard, 11 TDs, and 19 INTs in 2010. Silly me. Favre was actually awesome in 2010, but people just didn't realize it.

A lot of players hit the age wall hard and fast. Brady isn't hitting the age wall as fast or hard as Favre, but this is the second year in a row where he faded down the end of the season.

Cough! Cough! Brett Favre says hello. How quickly people forget. No Favre didn't win the MVP in 2009, but he was a finalist and probably only lost to Manning because Manning was undefeated in games he actually played more than a series or two because the moron, Jim Caldwell, sat the starters the last two games. Favre was toast in 2010 and out of the league in 2011. Favre went from 4200 yards, 33 TDs, and 7 INTs in 2009 to 2500 yard, 11 TDs, and 19 INTs in 2010. Silly me. Favre was actually awesome in 2010, but people just didn't realize it.

A lot of players hit the age wall hard and fast. Brady isn't hitting the age wall as fast or hard as Favre, but this is the second year in a row where he faded down the end of the season.

I just don't understand how last year (and 2018) is evidence of any sort of decline by Brady when we've seen this happen before in 2006, 2009, and 2013.

We had a longer run of things going smoothly than usual, so I can understand getting used to that being the status quo, but sometimes an elite QB just happens to have a down year and historically Brady's haven't been his fault.

If we had jimmy he’d be missing Edelman wide open in the middle of the field multiple times in the game. Imagine not seeing your best weapon open for a TD on 3rd down laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye