PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G pick tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was JAG for a 2nd. Everything else is just mental masturbation and/or a pathetic attempt at justification.

Reactions: JFK
It was JG traded for #43 which turned into:
- a 6th round LB (Sam)
- a high 2019 2nd rounder - the Bears will suck, should be #35-38
- a mid 2019 3rd rounder - Lions - probably around #80
- the earnings from moving down from 43 to 51 was a 4th rounder #117 that was used with #63 to get Duke Dawson (not a minor thing)

That's definitely a better return than what the original deal was for.

It was JG traded for #43

That's it. That's all it was. It doesn't turn into anything, with regards to the trade. It's always #43 and only #43.

BB will end up getting Jimmy G near the end of his career and he'll take another Patriot team to the Super Bowl and a win ! :D

I'd rather have Jimmy

Yes, and after 15 years of marriage, there are days I reminisce (in my mind) about an ex-girlfriend. Like TB12 and JAG, I can’t have them both. (Insert shrug emoji)

Good luck following this until the end of time.

Yes, and after 15 years of marriage, there are days I reminisce (in my mind) about an ex-girlfriend. Like TB12 and JAG, I can’t have them both. (Insert shrug emoji)
Perfection used to be only a state of mind.
No more
The world has not witnessed such an ascension for 2,000 years.
Jimmy Perfect G
A higher power that even the left coast will worship

Don’t want both

How many times do we have to do this. We couldn't keep both, and weren't going to get rid of Brady. The trade was for a qb who had played 11/2 games then got hurt. That was all that anyone had to go by except for the Patriots. If he had stayed with the Pats this off season he would have been a free agent who had played 11/2 games. We would have had to tag him, and then hope someone wanted to offer us something for a qb with 11/2 games experience who now has to be paid $12 million a year. Somehow being pissed he got traded then went to a team, got playing time and is now worth more is foolish, because he wouldn't have gotten more playing time here. So, he would still have been worth a second rounder.

That's it. That's all it was. It doesn't turn into anything, with regards to the trade. It's always #43 and only #43.
The pick itself (2018 2nd rounder) is meaningless, it's the players that it results in. We didn't trade him to own a pick but to improve the roster. So far we have Christian Sam and a piece of Duke Dawson. Next year if there are no other moves we'll also have a top 40 player and a top 60 player from the 2019 draft. Typical maneuvering by the Patriots.

Not that I think, or hope, it will happen, but watch Jimmy bust this this...

My lol would be monumental as I read back over these threads.

I feel like BB did the best he could to manage the JG affair. If Jimmy hadn't gotten hurt in that Miami game 2 years ago and the world could have seem him for 4 games, we'd have gotten a lot more. The Pats held him as long as possible in the event that Brady either got injured, his play declined, or he had a change of heart about retiring.

Finally BB had to either trade JG, cut Brady, or get nothing in return. He went for the high 2nd plus Hoyer (a very underrated part of the deal given it was mid-year). Done, move on. Everyone expected it to be about pick 37 not 43, but JG went out and won 5 in a row, no way to forecast that.

Kraft didn't force the trade, but did say that Brady deserved to continue on as long as he can keep playing like this - ergo don't cut/trade TB in favor of JG. There was no way to keep both, no matter what you offered JG, as he would have refused to report next season. He was ready to be a starter, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back