PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G pick tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
so people were conplaining about what the Pats got for Jimmy G so i Decided to see where it went so here we go

they got 43 for him to start they traded that for 51 and 117

they then traded 51 for 105 and 2nd in 2019

they then traded 105 for 114 and 178

then 114 became 3rd in 2019

117 was used to trade up to get duke dawson

so to sum up

What they got for jimmy g so far is Duke dawson, a 2 and 3 in 2019, and 178

if that enough value you yet because i would not be shocked if 178 gets moved too

Can't help but feel that list will continue to expand exponentially

They’ll trade down again.

Has the 2019 Draft started ? Because the Pats braintrust and scouts obviously slept through the 2017 college season and the 2018 Combine and Pro Days. Obviously the 200+ players in the 2018 Draft sucked. I’m sure they watched the Rose Bowl though, that’s why they drafted Wynn & Michel.

Can't help but feel that list will continue to expand exponentially
That list MAY be finalized by 2025, when they finally draft Brady’s successor. It may even be his own son.

so people were conplaining about what the Pats got for Jimmy G so i Decided to see where it went so here we go

so to sum up

if that enough value you yet because i would not be shocked if 178 gets moved too

You didn't account for their second rounder used in the Duke Dawson trade.

So, essentially, they got Duke Dawson, a 2nd and 3rd in 2019, and a 6th rounder.
They gave up Jimmy G. and a 2nd rounder for that.

I'm going to present a doomsday scenario: Dawson becomes like Cyrus Jones, and the 2nd and 3rd rounders can be considered 3rd and 4ths since they are one year out.

So, in that case, Jimmy G. and our 2nd rounder will have gotten traded for a 3rd, 4th, 6th.

LOL!

so to sum up

We used a 2 that was not part of Jimmy to get Dawson. We used a later pick to trade up that was part of Jimmy. So I think it breaks down more like jimmy g and pick 63 for Duke dawson, a 2 and 3 in 2019, and 178.

Has the 2019 Draft started ? Because the Pats braintrust and scouts obviously slept through the 2017 college season and the 2018 Combine and Pro Days. Obviously the 200+ players in the 2018 Draft sucked. I’m sure they watched the Rose Bowl though, that’s why they drafted Wynn & Michel.

You should just send in your resume. I'd be shocked if the Patriots didn't jump at the opportunity to hire the greatest football mind in Patriots fandom.

so to sum up

They basically turned a stud young QB into a bunch of garbage.

so to sum up

I prefer quality over quantity.

well 178 became Christian Sam a LB

We all should have seen this coming.

BB takes heat for the Jimmy The Great trade, especially when the Niners' #2 loses value the more Jimmy The Undefeated wins and wins and wins and wins and wins.
BB The Vindictive crafts his master plan: No matter how the draft ball bounces, the Niners' #2 will only be used as an annuity. "I'll show these MotherFu#*ers what value looks like.....and fu#* Vrabel."
Years from now, the 2018 #43 will look like the Duggars' family tree with a hundred grandpicks and 500 great grandpicks. And old man Belichick will tell stories to his clan of how he used to mindfu#* the draftnik deplorables who thought they knew more than Great Grampa Hoodie.

Last edited:
The well-traveled 2018 pick #250 that became TE Ryan Izzo (and Matt Tobin, sorta):

8/21/17... PHL 2018-7th (#250) + Matt Tobin <<<->>> SEA 2018-5th (#156)
9/1/17.... SEA (#250) <<<->>> NE, Justin Coleman
9/2/17.... NE (#250) + NE 2018 5th (#168) <<<->>> SEA, Cassius Marsh

3/7/18.... SEA (#250) + Michael Bennett <<<->>> PHL, Marcus Johnson + (#156)
4/28/18... PHL (#250) <<<->>> NE (#233)

It’s a shame there is no icon for stupid.

Just a couple years ago, NE had the 2nd youngest team in the league (I think) and this group has been to multiple SBs. Clearly BB likes his roster and used the top of this draft simply to minimize payroll (Solder, Lewis) with two comparable replacements (hopefully). Go Bull Dogs!
And.....it appears BB's draft philosophy has adjusted over time as well. He is less about developing youngsters and more about using mid and lower round draft picks to secure plug and play vets from other teams....players who don't require formative years before helping the team.
In other words, BB rightfully views his roster as championship caliber and the draft is mostly about securing NFL ready quality depth......depth that was leaned upon last year given the roster destruction due to injury.
His formula works.
And given NE's yearly position at the back end of every draft round, BB has consciously decided to create surpluses of mid/bottom round picks and these are bb's tools of choice. This formula only works if the team can afford to take on the last year of these veteran contracts BB trades for....maintain cap discipline..........hence the ease with which BB lets talented NE vets move on....and of course Brady's team friendly contracts may be NE's greatest advantage.
No one does depth better than BB....2001-04 were masterful.......and this current era as well.
Finally....It's April 29 and the draft is just one of many ways to build teams.
UDFAs are coming
Post draft league-wide roster adjustments begin now.
And roster adjustments will continue through Week 1 of 2018
BB considers this shopping season
And with a bounty of disposable 2019 mid/back rounders, BB is ever-ready to pluck down currency and fill needs
And then there is the in-season cuts that BB exploits like no other coach
Patience
This ain't BB's 1st rodeo
BB is always the sober one at last call..........no beer goggles....thinking clearly.....eyeing the late night talent ....ready to strike.

so to sum up

Complaining? Jimmy G signed top 3QB contract and for that you get only 43? Stop with this trading and what they get. They get **** for the contract Jimmy G signed. It was one of the biggest mistakes.

But lets play this trading. Jimmy to 49s before 17 draft. Mid first round pick, cause 49 would won few more games. So rd1 pick 1. Trade that.
Or Browns even better.

Sorry nothing personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes