PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G is 1-0 as a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its only been one game. Lets see how he does over the next 3 before we start lamenting on what it means to have a graceful transition away from TB12.

Exactly. It's different when nobody has tape on you, and you can surprise the hell out of the, but now that's all going to change. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts and responds.

He also completed a pass...to himself.

Jimmy Garoppolo completes pass to himself for 3 yards

He is the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Eh, I remember watching Steve Young complete a touchdown pass to himself. Jimmy has to step up his game.
reviewing.gif

Exactly. It's different when nobody has tape on you, and you can surprise the hell out of the, but now that's all going to change. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts and responds.

Yep. There are two division games coming up and another where the HC and DC knows this system cold and the team has very good talent.

Jimmy played very, very well last night but lets (Dale Arnold voice) not be hasty here in anointing him the next franchise QB.

Sample size is WAY too small to think along those lines. Don't forget all the QBs who looked like the next sure thing, right up until they didn't: Mark "Sanchize", Robert Griffin, etc, etc, etc....
Sanchez never looked like a good QB to anyone who was paying attention.

Time for a little Garoppolo-ooza!!!

**** 1 TD vs 4 rings... Ppl want to trade the best QB ever because they think he is old... Loyalty is hard to find...

Right? :rolleyes: The fascination NFL fans have with new, shiny things is funny to me. Living legend, first-ballot Hall of Famer with four Superbowl rings on the roster, who doesn't appear to have lost a step? Fans: "But what about this new guy????!!!! :D"

Jimmy played very, very well last night but lets (Dale Arnold voice) not be hasty here in anointing him the next franchise QB.

How about this more moderate step: we strip him of the "inexcusable waste of a draft pick" title so many here anointed him with two years ago? ;)

Backup QBs do matter.

How about this more moderate step: we strip him of the "inexcusable waste of a draft pick" title so many here anointed him with two years ago? ;)

Backup QBs do matter.

So does that mean all backup QBs during the NA raise a clipboard?

:D

There's really no need to jump ahead of time here. For the moment - and the next two years - BB controls the QB situation with both TB and JG (with JB also solidifying his potential).

Before we start collecting draft picks lets wait (and enjoy) what Jimmy can show in the course of next 3 games and what the #1 manager - Time - adds to the situation.

It will always be painful to watch a homegrown QB playing as franchise elsewhere - although how Jimmy plays in another system is a different question entirely - but it DOES feel good that thanks to BB this team is ALWAYS prepared for anything Time, Chance or NFL throws at them...

Last edited:
I'm not saying Jimmy is on his way to canton based on one game, but being excited about his potential, I think is fair. In a league where even mediocre qb's do not grow on threes, It is possible I'm getting ahead of myself, but I like what he brings to the table. I'm not in the 'trade Brady' camp, but I am in the 'I'd really like to still be dominant post brady' camp.

And yes, it's only been one game, but a game on the road against a very very good team, without a handfull of important players. And he held his own. Let's see how he's doing the next three games.

On an unrelated note, does the guy look like Superman, or what? Talking about his face, mostly. Just scan that thing and CGI it on Cahill's mug. Use his height too, while you're at it.

Jimmy was amazing!

He should be given twice as many smelling salts for next game.

itJNeKG.gif

Jimmy G is on pace for:

16 receptions
16 TD's (I know; not so impressive)
16-0

Unheard of for QBs!!!!!
.................(Although Brady has already conquered 2/3 of those listed).....damn that guy is the friggin' GOAT!!!

Jimmy's a DEFINITE first ballot Hall of Famer! Just like every team's fans think EVERY backup quarterback on their franchise is.

If JG continues to play well these next few games then wow. In an example of karmic justice, deflategate will have benefitted us in a way. We could score a high first rounder in next years draft by trading Jimmy (again if he has a few more good games) or snag several good draft picks.

There is some crap team out there that will give us a ton for JG in a trade.

A very good start by Jimmy. But if needs to play like this 2 out of 3 more times against pretty good Ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes