PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G is 1-0 as a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try and remember Tannehill playing a better game than Jimmy under those circumstances and you will struggle to come up with one. Great debut.

looked great. but what happens if he keeps it up? take the boatload of value he builds? pay the man money to sit a while? Aaron Rodgers sat for a while didnt he?
You take the king's ransom they can get for him and load up the team for Brady. If he continues like this they should be able to get 2 first round picks+ for him.

Breaking News: Goodell Forces Patriots to trade Jimmy Garoppolo to Bills in 3 team trade with Cowboys. Goodell forces Patriots to take Mark Sanchez as starter. Still awaiting physicals for it to be official. Stay tuned!!

You take the king's ransom they can get for him and load up the team for Brady. If he continues like this they should be able to get 2 first round picks+ for him.

His trade value definitely took a nice jump today.

I concur.

Of course an assist to Josh and Bill for knowing exactly how much rope to give him.

So the notion that the pats are going to suck after Brady are premature just a little, no?

Arguably the hardest or 2nd hardest game on the docket....

Homers are happy

Well, the real question is will we suck after BB? With him, we know we will be competitive. When he leaves, well... hopefully Matt Patricia is still around and ready to take the job.

Let's not worry about that today though, let's enjoy this huge win.

I want Brady to get number five but we got a QB of the future with Jimmy so I hope Brady wins it this year and we trade him afterward for some good picks and a solid future for us. nothing personal, just business. The 49ers could use him and Brady would end up at home.

I want Brady to get number five but we got a QB of the future with Jimmy so I hope Brady wins it this year and we trade him afterward for some good picks and a solid future for us. nothing personal, just business. The 49ers could use him and Brady would end up at home.

I want to see Brady retire a Patriot. If it means paying both big bucks for a year or two... do it.

and 1-1 as a replacement, if thats how it works

Honestly, Jimmy played pretty much the way I expected. I honestly think for a game like this, Jimmy is actually a better matchup against the Cards than Brady. I am in no way saying he is better than the goat, but his willingness to go deep and most importantly scramble makes a difference. Those traits are why I like his chances against the Bills.

I hope I am wrong, but I think he will struggle against Miami. Miami isn't over aggressive and tackles very well. This is where Brady's experience would have come in handy.

I want to see Brady retire a Patriot. If it means paying both big bucks for a year or two... do it.

The Pats franchised Cassell rather than lose him for nothing. They'll find a way.

From Reddit: Garoppo1-o. :)

You can talk why Jimmy G this and that all you want...all that REALLY matters is , when the bright lights are in your face, the odds heavily stacked against you...how do YOU respond?

We now know that Garrop is NOT Mark freakin' Sanchez or any of the other socalled superstar turd QB's in this league. Whether they won or not tonight I learned the Pats indeed DO have a real starting caliber QB.

It's all game planning and coaching from here on...this team is good again.

Guess what? Blount looked pretty good too. :0
Blount looks great running to the outside. The dude is fast and elusive when he gets going. He all too often gets nothing up the middle though, whether it's his fault or the O-lines, I don't know. Personally, I think he runs a bit too upright through the middle, but, again, what do I know. The TD run was a thing of beauty though.

JG did all that was asked of him. There was a point where he got lit up and the next down very quickly threw it at the feet of whoever was in front of him. I thought maybe he lost his nerve a bit... but the very next play he didn't panic, even though it was certainly hairy, and instead maneuvered around the pocket and made a BIG play, maybe to DA? Was good to see.

He'll just get more comfortable each game, each drive, but now there is also a game of tape on him, so that could make his job a bit tougher.

Fantastic win tonite

I honestly think for a game like this, Jimmy is actually a better matchup against the Cards than Brady. I am in no way saying he is better than the goat, but his willingness to go deep and most importantly scramble makes a difference.
Since when is Brady unable to scramble or go deep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes