PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amendola's availability will be a huge factor in my thoughts on who is going to win this game.

Not feeling it for this game. Jests 23 Pats 17. Jests need the game. Pats don't since they can win in Miami next week. Too many injuries. More this past Sunday. Jests dodged one to Decker somehow of course. Ivory was hurt the first game too. He is back now.
"You play to win..." ;) Game vs fins is not a lock since we have numerous bad games down there even though they've already booked for vacations.

This should be an interesting game as far as testing our new running backs. If Steven Jackson can make hay against the Jets' d-line, I'm going to feel really good about our chances heading into the playoffs.

Our week 17 game at Miami is probably going to be a like preseason game for all intents and purposes.

"You play to win..." ;) Game vs fins is not a lock since we have numerous bad games down there even though they've already booked for vacations.

The Dolphin just got their asses kicked by the Chargers. It looks like they've pretty much checked out for the season already.

I think the Patriots can win down there with their JV squad and the new RB's.

More Jets thoughts:

vomiting.gif

Without Amendola, I don't see us winning this game

EDIT: Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to win it

We almost beat the Broncos in Denver with no Amendola or Edelman. The only weapon we had was Gronk (as will be the case in this upcoming game.)

Granted, the Broncos are very overrated, but they are still better than the Jets.

If Rex was still their coach, I'd be more worried.

this is really a game the pats can afford to lose and it wouldn't upset me if they did. Pats beat Mia and they get their rest week..Jets could very easily go 11-5 and be out of play-0ffs.

Last edited:
This should be an interesting game as far as testing our new running backs. If Steven Jackson can make hay against the Jets' d-line, I'm going to feel really good about our chances heading into the playoffs.

Our week 17 game at Miami is probably going to be a like preseason game for all intents and purposes.

Well, the Patriots OL must be able to make some holes for the RB to run thru. At this point, I just want the OL to keep Brady safe.

The Patriots have a better offense, arguably a better defense, better coaching and Tom Brady. Provided the OL doesn't **** they bed, they should beat the Jets. I'm expecting a good, tight divisional struggle, perhaps similar to their first encounter.

I can't imagine Belichick and Brady ever playing the Jets without a chip on their shoulders. There's a long and nasty history there and just because the new coach is a decent guy doesn't cleanse the palate. Belichick always takes the long view but I expect an aggressive game plan and all the guys on the field who aren't in rehab.

Rest is for next week in Miami, and the week after.

BTW, shout out to Simijet - welcome to the well-mannered opposing fan. May it be a clean game with, for Pete's sake, no more freakin' injuries.

Amendola's availability will be a huge factor in my thoughts on who is going to win this game.

Considering that the reports around dinner time today suggest that "more tests are coming, but it's not believed to be season ending," I may start to mentally prepare for him being shut down for the next 2 weeks, and why not? That would give him a full month to heal properly.

We'll likely have to resort to tough defense, some semblance of a running game, and shoddy WRs (and Gronk) in NY on Sunday, and then they'll go from there in regards to how badly we "need" the win the next week. Guys like Edelman and Amendola may be re-assessed, should it come to that. Hopefully, it doesn't.

Considering that the reports around dinner time today suggest that "more tests are coming, but it's not believed to be season ending," I may start to mentally prepare for him being shut down for the next 2 weeks, and why not? That would give him a full month to heal properly.

We'll likely have to resort to tough defense, some semblance of a running game, and shoddy WRs (and Gronk) in NY on Sunday, and then they'll go from there in regards to how badly we "need" the win the next week. Guys like Edelman and Amendola may be re-assessed, should it come to that. Hopefully, it doesn't.
If amendola doesnt play , which is possible, and edelman doesnt come back which is also possible,the game thread especially on offense is going to be nuts on sunday with some expecting the 2007 offense with this mash unit.:D .Josh McD is going to be taken to task this weekend on the game thread

If amendola doesnt play , which is possible, and edelman doesnt come back which is also possible,the game thread especially on offense is going to be nuts on sunday with some expecting the 2007 offense with this mash unit.:D .Josh McD is going to be taken to task this weekend on the game thread

Many f and * keys will be broken, many babies consumed...

Many f and * keys will be broken, many babies consumed...

Hell, I'm eating a baby right now just thinking about the possibilities.

This game can only be lost if our line just gets destroyed.

if the broncos beat the bengals the patriots are pretty much assured homefield throughout the playoffs.

Hell, I'm eating a baby right now just thinking about the possibilities.

Piker... I'm chewing on five or six babies right now...

Sugar-Babies-Wrapper-Small.jpg

;)

Don't forget the Emergence of James White who is doing what some of us thought Scott Chandler should*catching footballs*:rolleyes: be doing. Lets hope that Brandon LaFell builds offhis good Titan game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes