PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2019 Edition (Official): Entering A New Half-Century of Moronic Mediocrity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is so spot on. Jets are constantly trying to be smarter than the rest of the league and failing spectacularly in doing so. Like the OP, I also cannot recall a single example of one of their many, many “outside the box” moves has actually worked out. Gase is the most recent example.

Thinking "outside the box" has hurt this franchise

Didn't they win the AFCE pre-season with Darnit?

Their trip to the playoffs in 2009 (one of their greatest accomplishments) only came because Indy wanted them in the playoffs.

They really do suck.

Last off-season Darnold was “the second most untradeable player in the NFL” according to Jets fans. After another crappy season, it’s time for the “year 2 to year 3 leap” which is apparently thing now that the “year 1 to year 2 leap” was a predictable disaster.

Just like last year, they are pointing to moderate success against the dregs of the league as evidence that blockhead turned the corner.

Meanwhile, in Jete Land:

Report: Jets felt Le'Veon Bell gained weight, lost explosiveness last year - ProFootballTalk
Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports that the team feels Bell lost explosiveness as he put on weight over the course of the 2019 season.
Bell, who turns 28 on Tuesday, is owed $13.5 million in guaranteed salary in 2020 and they probably couldn’t expect much in return even if they did decide to go that route.
Q: Who could predict that a money grubbing RB would let himself go once he got paid?

A: All of us!

Le’Veon Bell’s Future With Jets Remains In Doubt

Lots of deadwood ready to be trimmed:

Jets GM Joe Douglas can start roster makeover with $25 million in cap cuts

Trumaine Johnson will be cut, even though he has a dead cap of $12M and cap savings of just $3M...lol

Revis and Trumaine Johnson stole money from Woody and Christophah dopes. And now they’re looking to sign the next thief.

Trumaine Johnson will be cut, even though he has a dead cap of $12M and cap savings of just $3M...lol

Revis and Trumaine Johnson stole money from Woody and Christophah dopes. And now they’re looking to sign the next thief.
Not to mention the dopes paid big bucks for the Revis Retirement Tour and dopey Jete fans ate it up.

No doubt they will overpay for some more ageing free agents this off season, that's what da Jete do.

Meanwhile, in Jete Land:

Report: Jets felt Le'Veon Bell gained weight, lost explosiveness last year - ProFootballTalk

Q: Who could predict that a money grubbing RB would let himself go once he got paid?

A: All of us!

Le’Veon Bell’s Future With Jets Remains In Doubt

Lots of deadwood ready to be trimmed:

Jets GM Joe Douglas can start roster makeover with $25 million in cap cuts

I'd like to keep Bell. Robby too.

But more importantly, need to build a good oline. We need an offseason similar to the Brick/Mangold offseason.

Jets don't have 2 1st rounders this time though. So use our 1st on an LT, then try to get 2 more good olinemen in FA.

If that means not re-signing Robby... so be it.

Having a "Bell" with an improved oline would be a great combo though, and would certainly help Sam.

No matter what though, need to build a good oline.

Last edited:
Headline on CBS Sports this morning: Jets ink former first round WR with no catches in 2019.

But more importantly, need to build a good oline. We need an offseason similar to the Brick/Mangold offseason.

Jets don't have 2 1st rounders this time though. So use our 1st on an LT, then try to get 2 more good olinemen in FA.

Having a "Bell" with an improved oline would be a great combo though, and would certainly help Sam.

But what about ownership, GM, coaching, quarterback, defensive line, cornerbacks, linebackers, fan base, parking lot attendants and stadium staff, not to mention those godawful uniforms? They all SUCK!

image.png

Why have Bell at $13M if you need to majorly upgrade the offensive line just to get him to an average yards per carry? A smart team (therefore not the Jets) would spend that Bell money on offensive linemen that would help in both the run and pass game and then find a cheap mid-round pick who would be just fine at RB.

Why have Bell at $13M if you need to majorly upgrade the offensive line just to get him to an average yards per carry? A smart team (therefore not the Jets) would spend that Bell money on offensive linemen that would help in both the run and pass game and then find a cheap mid-round pick who would be just fine at RB.

I think there's a good chance the Jets end up with 3 new olinemen between the draft and free agency, while also keeping Bell.

In some ways Bell's ability equates to having a better oline. His running, catching and blocking is not something you replace easily.

The upgraded oline with someone like Bell would really give Sam an advantage.

Now the kid just has to keep himself healthy.

I think there's a good chance the Jets end up with 3 new olinemen between the draft and free agency, while also keeping Bell.

In some ways Bell's ability equates to having a better oline. His running, catching and blocking is not something you replace easily.

The upgraded oline with someone like Bell would really give Sam an advantage.

Now the kid just has to keep himself healthy.

The last time he ran for 30+ yards on a carry was the 2016 season. Many thought he was declining in 2017 when he averaged just 4.0 ypc behind a great Steelers o-line. James Conner replaced him and averaged 4.5 yards. Then last year Bell averaged 3.2 yards, which is “terrible no matter who is blocking” territory. I really don’t see any evidence that Bell is even an average RB. He likely would have been released during the season if he had a different name/contract...guy is just done.

The last time he ran for 30+ yards on a carry was the 2016 season. Many thought he was declining in 2017 when he averaged just 4.0 ypc behind a great Steelers o-line. James Conner replaced him and averaged 4.5 yards. Then last year Bell averaged 3.2 yards, which is “terrible no matter who is blocking” territory. I really don’t see any evidence that Bell is even an average RB. He likely would have been released during the season if he had a different name/contract...guy is just done.

Conner did well because defenses weren't focused on him, as they were with Bell.

On the Jets... with almost half the season spent with the QB position in chaos, he was the defense's only focus.

I saw enough brief glimpses from Bell to know he's still a legit special player.

Conner did well because defenses weren't focused on him, as they were with Bell.

On the Jets... with almost half the season spent with the QB position in chaos, he was the defense's only focus.

I saw enough brief glimpses from Bell to know he's still a legit special player.

If that were true then elite running backs would be less efficient than average running backs. It definitely isn’t true. Bell was given the same focus as in previous seasons, when he was significantly better against the same defensive formations. Also, Conner was a pro bowler in 2018; I think defenses noticed him too.

True story:

My girlfriend and I like to play the $100,000 Pyramid with each other and see if we can "win" within 60 seconds (no we are not an elderly married couple). So the final category was "Things that are rare".

Me: Gold.... diamonds.... gems....
Her: Things that are valuable... things you buy.... things you sell....

<long pause because I can't think of anything.... finally...>

Me: A New York Jets Super Bowl victory
Her: Things that are rare!!

dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding.......... :D:D:D

True story:

My girlfriend and I like to play the $100,000 Pyramid with each other and see if we can "win" within 60 seconds (no we are not an elderly married couple). So the final category was "Things that are rare".

Me: Gold.... diamonds.... gems....
Her: Things that are valuable... things you buy.... things you sell....

<long pause because I can't think of anything.... finally...>

Me: A New York Jets Super Bowl victory
Her: Things that are rare!!

dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding.......... :D:D:D

How is your elderly marriage going? :)

How is your elderly marriage going? :)
Ageism is rampant on this board; being elderly and married should be considered a good thing. I'll bet most old married couples would consider playing $100k Pyramid a frivolous waste of precious time.

Anyone catch tonight's episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm? Probably worthy of it's own thread but definitely belongs in here too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes