PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2018 Edition (Official): Fifty Fabulous Years of Futility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

Sam Darnold. Jete will ruin him by the end of 2018. Embarrassing franchise and even our coach Bill knew years ago.

He should have never been starting. He had a lot of stuff he needed to work on before being ready at the NFL level (foot work, eyes dropping when rushed instead of staying on his receivers downfield) but PSLs needed to be sold and they threw him to the Lions. If it's of any consequence to Jete fans, he wasn't AS BAD as I expected him to be against Jax. I live down here so I had that game on one TV and the Pats game on Sunday Ticket on my main TV and got to see a good bit of it.

Jete
Erroneously
Tanked for
Sam

They're actually a great example of why you SHOULD tank if you have no QB, need a QB, and have no hope even if you do somehow back into the postseason. Because they were simply mediocre, they had to give up draft capital to move up a few spots while the best QB in the draft still went #1 overall anyway. Mayfield >>>>>>>>>>>> Darnold and came in more NFL-ready with more desirable characteristics that you would look for in a franchise QB. Had they tanked, they had a shot. But they decided to be mediocre and now still may not even have their guy (though the jury is still out).

Did anyone else notice that, after one quarter of the season:
  • The Jete are last in the AFC East
  • The Jete are tied for last in the AFC
  • Sam Darnold Sucks!
  • The Jete Suck!!!
The drum beat for Todd Blowes's head on a platter has already started.

In other words, da Jete are right on target.

Tank, pick bad QB, coach gets fired, GM gets fired, total rebuild.

Did anyone else notice that, after one quarter of the season:
  • The Jete are last in the AFC East
  • The Jete are tied for last in the AFC
  • Sam Darnold Sucks!
  • The Jete Suck!!!
The drum beat for Todd Blowes's head on a platter has already started.

In other words, da Jete are right on target.

Tank, pick bad QB, coach gets fired, GM gets fired, total rebuild.

Next season: New HC = New OC = New offensive scheme = new learning curve = new losing season. And the 50 years of suckage continues.

They're actually a great example of why you SHOULD tank if you have no QB, need a QB, and have no hope even if you do somehow back into the postseason. Because they were simply mediocre, they had to give up draft capital to move up a few spots while the best QB in the draft still went #1 overall anyway. Mayfield >>>>>>>>>>>> Darnold and came in more NFL-ready with more desirable characteristics that you would look for in a franchise QB. Had they tanked, they had a shot. But they decided to be mediocre and now still may not even have their guy (though the jury is still out).
I don't believe in tanking for a QB in the draft, never will. It fosters a losing mentality that teams don't easily recover from. The Colts are a good example.

The Jete gave up way, way too much to move up when they simply could've stayed put and taken Rosen or one of the others. They needed those other picks to help shore up a weak roster. I think they'll wreck Darnit (or at least limit his original potential) and will remain screwed for a long time.

I don't believe in tanking for a QB in the draft, never will. It fosters a losing mentality that teams don't easily recover from. The Colts are a good example.

The Jete gave up way, way too much to move up when they simply could've stayed put and taken Rosen or one of the others. They needed those other picks to help shore up a weak roster. I think they'll wreck Darnit (or at least limit his original potential) and will remain screwed for a long time.
The Colts are actually a great example. They were back in the playoffs the following season and were in the AFCCG two seasons later purely because of that quarterback. It was a combination of injury/bad management/mediocrity that led them to where they are now.

Well, at least they got some decent safeties...

Problem is they went with a defensive oriented coach at the time the league clearly has zigged towards offense.

They should have been drafting O linement and WRs instead of safeties.

But they're da Jete so they'd mess that up as well ( ref: BBWK ).

Bingo. The idea that you need to pick in the top 5 in order to land a good franchise quarterback is idiotic. Of Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Wilson, none were not even drafted in the top 20, and Rodgers was the only one drafted in the first round (24th overall.) It's funny how they tanked and traded away three second round picks when Watson and Mahomes were both available in 2017, while, as you said, they could have drafted Rosen anyway in 2018.

He should have never been starting. He had a lot of stuff he needed to work on before being ready at the NFL level (foot work, eyes dropping when rushed instead of staying on his receivers downfield) but PSLs needed to be sold and they threw him to the Lions. If it's of any consequence to Jete fans, he wasn't AS BAD as I expected him to be against Jax. I live down here so I had that game on one TV and the Pats game on Sunday Ticket on my main TV and got to see a good bit of it.

Wins would be great, but I'm not disappointed with Sam so far. These first four weeks were rough for a rookie.
  1. Starting off on Monday Night prime time.
  2. Short week.
  3. Really short week (away).
  4. Freakin' Jacksonville's D.
Like you I was expecting worse vs Jacksonville. Now things get a bit easier/normal. Really curious to see how Sam handles the next four weeks.

He just needs to keep learning.

Wins would be great, but I'm not disappointed with Sam so far. These first four weeks were rough for a rookie.
  2. Short week.
Like you I was expecting worse vs Jacksonville. Now things get a bit easier/normal. Really curious to see how Sam handles the next four weeks.

Luckily for you, Minnesota's defense has seemingly taken a nose dive. Otherwise, that could have been a contest that could have gotten ugly. Griffin also went totally insane and his presence is missed.

2. Short week.

Did the opponents have regular-length weeks to prepare and rest?

Luckily for you, Minnesota's defense has seemingly taken a nose dive. Otherwise, that could have been a contest that could have gotten ugly. Griffin also went totally insane and his presence is missed.

Yup. He's still gonna have to deal with Von Miller n Mack, but definitely good to see Minnesota's D isn't as good as expected.

Did the opponents have regular-length weeks to prepare and rest?

Week 2, yes. Week 3, the Browns were home, so no travel day for 'em.

Should be handled regardless, but it is what it is. Definitely not an ideal stretch for a rookie QB. I'm just happy he's through it.

Well, at least they got some decent safeties...

Problem is they went with a defensive oriented coach at the time the league clearly has zigged towards offense.

They should have been drafting O linement and WRs instead of safeties.

But they're da Jete so they'd mess that up as well ( ref: BBWK ).
They had two years to prepare for the coming of a chosen one high draft pick QB! They're so Jete. They've drafted all of 6 OL in the past 10 years. The Patriots have selected 17 in that time. Buffalo and Miami 12 and 10 for comparison's sake. Their WR are probably adequate provided that they had a line to block for Darnold.

Week 2, yes. Week 3, the Browns were home, so no travel day for 'em.

Should be handled regardless, but it is what it is. Definitely not an ideal stretch for a rookie QB. I'm just happy he's through it.

How brutal. They had to play the Dolphins on just six days rest (though the Dolphins had to travel one day). And then they had to play the Browns in an away game - all the way to Cleveland, nearly a two hour flight - on Thursday night (both teams played the previous Sunday).

It's so unfair to Darnold. As soon as he gets a full week of rest, he's going to dominate.

How brutal. They had to play the Dolphins on just six days rest (though the Dolphins had to travel one day). And then they had to play the Browns in an away game - all the way to Cleveland - on Thursday night (both teams played the previous Sunday).

It's so unfair to Darnold. As soon as he gets a full week of rest, he's going to dominate.

You're being too easy on Sam. You can't say it's been "unfair". That's baby talk. Dude is an NFL QB. Take the lumps and move on.

But then you flip to saying he's gonna "dominate". Bipolar much?

Chill, he'll have good weeks and bad.

Wins would be great, but I'm not disappointed
Of course not, because what you REALLY want is more:

599441_105349222949422_1615782400_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes