PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2018 Edition (Official): Fifty Fabulous Years of Futility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times have we heard this story: fan base gets excited about drafting “savior” quarterback. Quarterback plays poorly and blame shifted to offensive coordinator, offensive line, skill players, overall team culture, injuries, short rest, uniform color, schedule, lack of support. I think you’re already onto at least four of these.

This goes back to Ken O'Brien, at least, probably Richard Todd, but I'm too young to remember that whole thing.

Patience.

Mayfield didn’t need it. Wasn’t Darnold supposed to be the most NFL ready quarterback of the class? It was obvious to any non-Jets fan (and even many Jets fans) that Mayfield has the right skills to be a successful NFL quarterback. Quick decision making, muliple progressions, quick release, money on midrange throws 15-20 yards downfield, and overall just very accurate and poised. No excuses or patience needed. Good luck to Darnold transforming his game into something it isn’t.

Last edited:
Mayfield didn’t need it. Wasn’t Darnold supposed to be the most NFL ready quarterback of the class? It was obvious to any non-Jets fan (and even many Jets fans) that Mayfield has the right skills to be a successful NFL quarterback. Quick decision making, muliple professions, quick release, money on midrange throws 15-20 yards downfield, and overall just very accurate and poised. No excuses or patience needed. Good luck to Darnold transforming his game into something it isn’t.

Darnold has 5 INTs, could easily have 10 if any LBs could catch. He doesn't see them.

Mayfield didn’t need it. Wasn’t Darnold supposed to be the most NFL ready quarterback of the class? It was obvious to any non-Jets fan (and even many Jets fans) that Mayfield has the right skills to be a successful NFL quarterback. Quick decision making, muliple professions, quick release, money on midrange throws 15-20 yards downfield, and overall just very accurate and poised. No excuses or patience needed. Good luck to Darnold transforming his game into something it isn’t.

Lol oy vey.

Lol oy vey.

Ummm...okay. Keep monitoring that completion percentage number because it’s down to about 60 and dropping fast. For rookies that’s by far the biggest indicator long-term success or failure.

Ummm...okay. Keep monitoring that completion percentage number because it’s down to about 60 and dropping fast. For rookies that’s by far the biggest indicator long-term success or failure.

It'll likely drop more vs the Jags.

The guy who apologized for messing up the route, and who everyone immediately knew was at fault.

Hell, even Yahoo Fantasy knew it...
Terrelle Pryor caught 4-of-8 targets for 84 yards in the Jets' Week 2 loss to the Dolphins.
Advice: Pryor's worst play was an end-zone route he appeared to cut short, causing Sam Darnold's second interception.

Yeah Pryor ran a terrible route no question. With more experience Sam doesn’t throw that ball, Howard’s coverage and position was so good imo that even if Pryor runs the proper route that’s an incompletion at best. He’s gotta learn in those instances to just tuck it and run or throw it out the back of the endzone.

55.5% his last two games.

Yeah Pryor ran a terrible route no question. With more experience Sam doesn’t throw that ball, Howard’s coverage and position was so good imo that even if Pryor runs the proper route that’s an incompletion at best. He’s gotta learn in those instances to just tuck it and run or throw it out the back of the endzone.

Absolutely. I'm hoping the guys around Sam help him through the beginning of his career, not make it harder on him. I mean that'd be nice.

If he makes that throw year 2, I'd put it on him.

Absolutely. I'm hoping the guys around Sam help him through the beginning of his career, not make it harder on him. I mean that'd be nice.

If he makes that throw year 2, I'd put it on him.

There was an article in 2000 about which team, according to a panel of experts, had the worst chance to win a Super Bowl in the next decade. I wish I still had the link to because there multiple discussions about it on this aboard about 10 years ago.

Almost unanimously, the panel chose the New England Patriots as the most doomed franchise from 2000-2009. They cited holes all over the roster, a terrible offensive line, no playmakers in either side of the ball, with the only two bright spots being Drew Bledsoe and Terry Glenn. Sure enough that team went 5-11 in 2000 and started 0-2 in 2001.

I’m not saying it’s Brady or bust, but a quarterback is capable of turning the fortunes of the franchise if he’s good enough, even immediately. All of a sudden that “porous offensive line” that was blocking for Bledsoe became very good overnight. Those unflashy skill players became key pieces in the offense. A no name offensive coordinator became an instant genius. A head coaching failing badly in his second gig became the most revered coach in the league. Just saying...

For the most part I’m busting your chops @JetFan79 . though a lot of it because of the predictable overhype by the NY papers after game 1; I also thought Darnold played well in that game, especially at moving in the pocket and throwing in the run - I just thought it was a classic Jets insanity clinic with the amount of praise. It is too early to tell with Darnold. His game has a lot of strengths and some flaws.

For the most part I’m busting your chops @JetFan79 . though a lot of it because of the predictable overhype by the NY papers after game 1; I also thought Darnold played well in that game, especially at moving in the pocket and throwing in the run - I just thought it was a classic Jets insanity clinic with the amount of praise. It is too early to tell with Darnold. His game has a lot of strengths and some flaws.

Can't argue with that. I'm just staying patient and enjoying the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes