PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets are cleaning house I believe they are going to tank 2017 with an eye in the 2018 QB class.

If you knew many Midget fans, you wouldn't say that. Unless of course you're that same type of Pat fan.
Please be more specific on what you mean here. Exactly what kind of Patriots fan are you insinuating I might be?

Again, I'll find out soon enough.
The only thing you'll find out soon is the fact your New Jersey Green Beans will be even WORSE this year than in 2016 because of a mismanaged salary cap.

Please be more specific on what you mean here. Exactly what kind of Patriots fan are you insinuating I might be?

The only thing you'll find out soon is the fact your New Jersey Green Beans will be even WORSE this year than in 2016 because of a mismanaged salary cap.

The type of fan that's similar to most Midget fans. Someone who will stop paying attention to the sport if the team isn't doing well. Not a front runner as much as just a fair weather fan.

It's all but impossible to be worse than last year. For example I don't mind being a horrible team. Even if it means going 0-16 so long as we're developing young players and have a plan. Last year (mainly that PIECE OF **** Ryan Fitzpatrick) was horrible. With the cuts now, I already know I'm going to enjoy next season much more. It'll be fun watching young guys develop and hopefully play well.

Though if they are in the bottom quarter win wise, they better go all out and get the #1 for 2018.

The type of fan that's similar to most Midget fans. Someone who will stop paying attention to the sport if the team isn't doing well. Not a front runner as much as just a fair weather fan.
So, you honestly believe you're going to find out if I am a fair-weather fan "soon enough." I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years, which should tell you something. While it seems obvious you're holding your breath for when Brady and BB are gone, which you anticipate being "soon enough," you'll be in for another rude awakening upon realizing that New England's ownership/front office ain't going anywhere.

It's all but impossible to be worse than last year. For example I don't mind being a horrible team. Even if it means going 0-16 so long as we're developing young players and have a plan. Last year (mainly that PIECE OF **** Ryan Fitzpatrick) was horrible. With the cuts now, I already know I'm going to enjoy next season much more. It'll be fun watching young guys develop and hopefully play well. Though if they are in the bottom quarter win wise, they better go all out and get the #1 for 2018.
Rationalize losing all you want because that's what's in store for you, literally for years to come.

So, you honestly believe you're going to find out if I am a fair-weather fan "soon enough." I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years, which should tell you something. While it seems obvious you're holding your breath for when Brady and BB are gone, which you anticipate being "soon enough," you'll be in for another rude awakening upon realizing that New England's ownership/front office ain't going anywhere.

Rationalize losing all you want because that's what's in store for you, literally for years to come.

Years? I'm a Jet fan. Years mean nothing. We think more in terms of decades.

Years? I'm a Jet fan. Years mean nothing. We think more in terms of decades.
Decades? Think lifetime. You're two years away from 50 years without a championship. The Green Beans have had 19 winning seasons in 57 years -- 385-452-8.

Decades? Think lifetime. You're two years away from 50 years without a championship. The Green Beans have had 19 winning seasons in 57 years -- 385-452-8.

Exactly why you can never call a Jet fan a front runner or fair weather fan.

Exactly why you can never call a Jet fan a front runner or fair weather fan.
Well, at least front-runners and fairweather fans have moments of happiness vs. being a masochistically delusional glutton for punishment.

Well, at least front-runners and fairweather fans have moments of happiness vs. being a masochistically delusional glutton for punishment.

This right here is the definition of happiness.

NE really doesn't do well vs NY in the playoffs, does it?

If the jests where smart they would hang on to that cap space and not spend it on an overprice free agent. Save it and tank next season.

It doesn't really excuse the Pats, but it is really difficult to get up for a team like the Rats.

Fortunately, the playoffs and the Rats repel each other like oil and water.

If the jests where smart they would hang on to that cap space and not spend it on an overprice free agent. Save it and tank next season.

Tank, sure. But still develop the young LBs, oline, WRs and so on... So they're ready to flip the switch for 2018. As long as I see progress, I'll be happy.

2016 was just a complete waste.

It doesn't really excuse the Pats, but it is really difficult to get up for a team like the Rats.

Fortunately, the playoffs and the Rats repel each other like oil and water.

So you're saying NEers have problems getting it up?

That's right, hold onto those meager, few-and-far-between memories ... Like that time in 2009 when you had an actual date with a girl (then she found out you were a Jets fan and took a cab home).

Last edited:
As long as I see progress, I'll be happy.

2016 was just a complete waste.

I'm seeing progress -- they went from mediocrity to indisputable awfulness.

By the time they got to Foxborough at the end of the season, they were a pathetic, spineless embarrassment that didn't even begin to make a contest. If any other team had produced such a wretched performance the crowd would think it had wasted the afternoon -- but it was the Jets. There is no such thing as too much humiliation for Goodell's little Rat sidekicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes