PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, I'd like to ensure that the next Jets thread for 2017 has some reference to Marshall's dirty diaper quote.

Just 48 short years ago today...

We're you even alive then?

How do you know it even happened?

The Rats as NFL* champions reeks of "fake news" to me.

I've dreamt many, many, many times I was alive back then. Does that count?

Just 48 short years ago today...

Just imagine if Namath was able to stay healthy and Jets were able to go on a long, successful run. The agony you would have to endear would be brutal.
  • 90% of the nation would hate the Jets as their favorite team would be inferior in comparison.
  • You would be fined , lose high draft picks and accused of cheating for filming from the wrong location of a stadium.
  • BSPN would not employ a bunch of whiny, jealous Jet fans from Long island, instead they would be whiny Patriot fans from Newton and they would slander the Jets at any chance (without completely losing all credibility due to the Jets obvious superiority over the rest of the league).
  • The whiny Newton Pats fans at BSPN would come up with a nickname for the Jet filming scandal. They would not be able to name it after Watergate / as that Washington DC scandal hadn't' even existed early in broadway Joe's career and during said fictitious Jets run. Eager to minimize the Jet's run with this nonsense, the whiney Newton writers from BSPN come up with the term 'Espionage Game'. To this day Jet fans don't understand the title of make believe scandal, but it makes the other fanbases feel better about getting their ass's kicked year in and year out by the mighty Jets.
  • You would have to listen to the Bills and Pats fanbases every August boasting how they were going to take your crown only to sputter and be home every January watching the Jets make another Super Bowl year after year.
  • The league would completely setup the team and accuse Joe of cheating by taking air out of footballs and once again come up with another catchy name for this fictitious turn of events.
  • A pissed Namath would then vow to play until he's 50 years old and would continue to dominate the league.
  • The Jets would be constantly brought up in sports news and mentioned at least one in every televised NFL game.
  • The Jets would be the model franchise of the league and instead of hiring a coach every 4 years lose a coordinator every four or so years due to success.
  • The head coach would do everything possible to protect the Jets. He would outsmart every other coach in the league and then compliment their play. The nation will hate him, but Jet fans will love him.
  • And worst of all......Jet fans would suffer through 4 (and counting) grueling ticker-tape parades to celebrate championships.
Your better off being below average. Winning every year is so exhausting. ;-)

Last edited:
Just imagine if Namath was able to stay healthy and Jets were able to go on a long, successful run. The agony you would have to endear would be brutal.
  • 90% of the nation would hate the Jets as their favorite team would be inferior in comparison.
  • You would be fined , lose high draft picks and accused of cheating for filming from the wrong location of a stadium.
  • BSPN would not employ a bunch of whiny, jealous Jet fans from Long island, instead they would be whiny Patriot fans from Newton and they would slander the Jets at any chance (without completely losing all credibility due to the Jets obvious superiority over the rest of the league).
  • The whiny Newton Pats fans at BSPN would come up with a nickname for the Jet filming scandal. They would not be able to name it after Watergate / as that Washington DC scandal hadn't' even existed early in broadway Joe's career and during said fictitious Jets run. Eager to minimize the Jet's run with this nonsense, the whiney Newton writers from BSPN come up with the term 'Espionage Game'. To this day Jet fans don't understand the title of make believe scandal, but it makes the other fanbases feel better about getting their ass's kicked year in and year out by the mighty Jets.
  • You would have to listen to the Bills and Pats fanbases every August boasting how they were going to take your crown only to sputter and be home every January watching the Jets make another Super Bowl year after year.
  • The league would completely setup the team and accuse Joe of cheating by taking air out of footballs and once again come up with another catchy name for this fictitious turn of events.
  • A pissed Namath would then vow to play until he's 50 years old and would continue to dominate the league.
  • The Jets would be constantly brought up in sports news and mentioned at least one in every televised NFL game.
  • The Jets would be the model franchise of the league and instead of hiring a coach every 4 years lose a coordinator every four or so years due to success.
  • The head coach would do everything possible to protect the Jets. He would outsmart every other coach in the league and then compliment their play. The nation will hate him, but Jet fans will love him.
  • And worst of all......Jet fans would suffer through 4 (and counting) grueling ticker-tape parades to celebrate championships.
Your better off being below average. Winning every year is so exhausting. ;-)

Wow, I should charge for counseling.

Bet you feel much better now after venting. Glad I could help.

Congrats?

Fun facts when the Jets won the Super Bowl:
  • The average cost of a new home was $26,600
  • Median household income was $7,743
  • Federal Hourly Minimum Wage was $1.60 an hour
  • The most watched TV shows were Rowan and Martin's Laugh In, Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. and Bonanza
  • The #1 song was Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine
  • Richard Nixon was 2 months into his Presidency
  • The US was 5 months away from landing on the moon

Fun facts when the Jets won the Super Bowl:
  • The average cost of a new home was $26,600
  • Median household income was $7,743
  • Federal Hourly Minimum Wage was $1.60 an hour
  • The most watched TV shows were Rowan and Martin's Laugh In, Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. and Bonanza
  • The #1 song was Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine
  • Richard Nixon was 2 months into his Presidency
  • The US was 5 months away from landing on the moon

@2:59
"Against Boston, the Jets enjoyed their first real breather of the season."

It does create a conundrum for this thread: do we hate the St Louis Jets just because they're the ex-Jets, or do we hate the new NY Jets (allegedly coming via a future NFL expansion) because they're the NY Jets, or do we hate both because they will both suck?

On the good news side, it could give us two teams to hate!

Lest we forget, while we prepare for another Super Bowl, the Jets still suck!

NFL.COM: Brandon Marshall 'sick' of all the Bill Belichick talk
"I'm so sick and tired of everyone talking about Coach Belichick. Yes, he is great," Marshall said, via WEEI. "The reason why I'm so sick and tired of everyone talking about Coach Belichick is because they think he does everything and he's the only one in the building that's working. They have a defensive coordinator by the name of Matt Patricia in New England, who's awesome. He has the best third-down defense, and it's not because of statistics. It's because of the creativity."

So big mouth Marshall wants to put some shade on BB and loves him some Matty P. I guess he knows how good Matty P is since we beat the Jets twice this season and he was invisible. Who cares what he thinks? He should focus on getting open on the field, not on opening his mouth up off the field. The Jets overpaid for a dude who clearly is focused on his post-NFL career.

Meanwhile, the Jests are trying to figure out what (if anything) they can do to salvage their huuuuge investment in Mevis:

Jets assistant: Darrelle Revis capable of playing safety

Man,. did BB take a huge shyt on the Jets and Jets fans or what?

Lest we forget, while we prepare for another Super Bowl, the Jets still suck!

NFL.COM: Brandon Marshall 'sick' of all the Bill Belichick talk

So big mouth Marshall wants to put some shade on BB and loves him some Matty P. I guess he knows how good Matty P is since we beat the Jets twice this season and he was invisible. Who cares what he thinks? He should focus on getting open on the field, not on opening his mouth up off the field. The Jets overpaid for a dude who clearly is focused on his post-NFL career.

Meanwhile, the Jests are trying to figure out what (if anything) they can do to salvage their huuuuge investment in Mevis:

Jets assistant: Darrelle Revis capable of playing safety

Ugh, I hate to give any green SOB any credit..but he makes a good point.
But that's true on any team though. There's a lot of coaches and assistant coaches on that sideline that play a big part in a team's success. Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels are two of the best at what they do. But something tells me that Belichick having been a defensive coach himself, knew talent in Patricia when he saw it.

But yeah, he clearly is trying to sharpen up his HAWT TAKEZ for a TV job soon. That's why he worded his statement the way he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes