PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016-10-20-GenoFitz.png

i wrote this in the Rumor (speculation): Fitzpatrick to sign with Patriots? thread earlier this summer:

Rams - replaced Jamie Martin (concussion)
Bengals - replaced Carson Palmer twice (torn ligament and tendon in elbow)
Bills - replaced Trent Edwards (concussion)
Titans - replaced Jake Locker twice (hip, lisfranc)
Texans - replaced Ryan Mallett (torn pectoral)
Jets - replaced Geno Smith (broken jaw)

six different teams fitzy has started for. it got me wondering which QB has started (not just played in a game or was on the roster) for the most different teams. here's what i could come up with:

7 teams
Chris Chandler - IND, TAM, PHO, RAM x 2 (LA and STL), HOU, ATL, CHI

6 teams
Earl Morrall - SFO, PIT, DET, NYG, BAL, MIA
Kerry Collins - CAR, NOR, NYG, OAK, TEN, IND
Steve DeBerg - SFO, DEN, TAM x 3, KAN, MIA, ATL
Vinny Testaverde - TAM, CLE, BAL, NYJ x 2, DAL, CAR

any others anyone can think of?

upload_2016-10-22_11-11-7.png

Edit: forgot to post the reference link.

NFL Career Passing Yards Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last edited:
Joe Namath wasn't very good, actually, and you guys are waiting, praying for his return.

Jets dudes, why do you do this to yourselves? Just slip out of town, buy some jerseys you can be proud of, and pretend you were one of the few and the proud to fly your Pats flag in New York or Jersey or wherever the last X years.

Down here it's not that hard to say "why no, good sir, I don't have Redskins bandwagon fever, as it happens I am a Patriots fan." I understand it's harder to do that in New York.

But I promise you it's worth it in long-term heartbreak avoided.

JEST. Come on.

Joe Namath wasn't very good, actually, and you guys are waiting, praying for his return.

Jets dudes, why do you do this to yourselves? Just slip out of town, buy some jerseys you can be proud of, and pretend you were one of the few and the proud to fly your Pats flag in New York or Jersey or wherever the last X years.

Down here it's not that hard to say "why no, good sir, I don't have Redskins bandwagon fever, as it happens I am a Patriots fan." I understand it's harder to do that in New York.

But I promise you it's worth it in long-term heartbreak avoided.

JEST. Come on.

Preview of week 11 as the Jets at 5-5 host NE...

It's adorable to watch you boast of an improbable future chain of events that will unexpectedly propel your team to a .500 record.

If Al Davis owned the JEST instead of the Raiders, he'd have banners all over the building saying "NY JEST: COMMITMENT TO ALMOST ATTAINING A LOW BAR"

You get that 5-5 isn't that impressive, right?

JetFan79, you should just root for the local college football concern, Rutgers. The team would still suck, but at least some of the players would go on to drafted by the Patriots and thrive.

We should go easier on the guy.

JetFan79 keep on believing!

You'll get us next year!

JetFan79, you should just root for the local college football concern, Rutgers. The team would still suck, but at least some of the players would go on to drafted by the Patriots and thrive.

I tried following college ball... it sucks. Way too gimmicky. Plus very little parity. Say what you will about the NFL, one thing you can't say is it's not competitive. 90% of teams can win or lose vs each other any week.

It's adorable to watch you boast of an improbable future chain of events that will unexpectedly propel your team to a .500 record.

If Al Davis owned the JEST instead of the Raiders, he'd have banners all over the building saying "NY JEST: COMMITMENT TO ALMOST ATTAINING A LOW BAR"

You get that 5-5 isn't that impressive, right?

Going 4-0 after a QB change is. In Geno we trust!

We should go easier on the guy.

JetFan79 keep on believing!

You'll get us next year!

That's right. Next year. I'm guessing the second or third week of January. ;)

Last edited:
Just like a Jets fan, trying to extrapolate real-world meaning from a scene in a mediocre fantasy film featuring a puppet and a bad actor.

Well, this is stretching it a little by including CFL and USFL and"()" are teams I don't think he 'started' a game for, but. . .

7 Teams started (9 total)
Doug Flutie - (Drafted-LA Rams), NJ Generals, (CHI), NEP, BC Lions, Calgary Stampede, Toronto Argonauts, BUF, SDC, (NEP)

time for another list--QBs that have started for different professional leagues (AFL, NFL, CFL, USFL, NFL Europe, Arena)

Going 4-0 after a QB change is. In Geno we trust!

You mean "In Geno you trust again!"

Come on honey. He did it to you before. I know he's saying he's changed and he'll never do it again.... but we both know he'll do it again.

For the childrens sake if not your own, please, get to a safe place.

That's right. Next year. I'm guessing the second or third week of January. ;)

About April through mid-July, that's your window, as a JEST fan... the off-season superbowl.

You seem like a nice person. I hate to see JEST fans come on here and self-medicate. Really I do. You have to learn to face your abusers... and you know that your real enemy is wearing green.

Might I suggest that, as is my custom as a Pats fan, I enjoy my team playing in the new year... as I do every year.

Meanwhile, you could spend January and February in some long-overdue counseling. You could begin on that beloved annual New York holiday, mathematical elimination day, as a sort of act of self-respect and liberation.

Remember, Geno only has power over your emotional state if you give him that power - the same goes for that whole unfortunate franchise. It was told it was special when it was very young, and could not live up to those expectations... sometimes that creates a great deal of unexpressed frustration.

But don't fall into the trap of getting wrapped up in the Jets' justifications. They have a lot to work out on their own, but the main thing for you is to get away from the toxic interaction.

LOL Tunescribe I love you for red-Xing me on "You'll get us next year"

Life after Fitz. How sweet it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back