10 Nov 14 NYJ @ CLE
11 Nov 21 HOU @ NYJ
12 Nov 25 CIN @ NYJ
13 Dec 06 NYJ @ NE
14 Dec 12 MIA @ NYJ
15 Dec 19 NYJ @ PIT
16 Dec 26 NYJ @ CHI
17 Jan 02 BUF @ NYJ

None of these games are gimmes...especially with the way Cleveland played us...Pittsburgh I'd go as far to say is a definite L for them (similar defense, Steelers are at home and also more likely to put points on the board as Big Ben>Sanchez)...Buffalo isn't even a sure thing given the way Fitzpatrick is playing.

How many games do you think it will take to win the division?

10 Nov 14 NYJ @ CLE
11 Nov 21 HOU @ NYJ
12 Nov 25 CIN @ NYJ
13 Dec 06 NYJ @ NE
14 Dec 12 MIA @ NYJ
15 Dec 19 NYJ @ PIT
16 Dec 26 NYJ @ CHI
17 Jan 02 BUF @ NYJ

None of these games are gimmes...especially with the way Cleveland played us...Pittsburgh I'd go as far to say is a definite L for them (similar defense, Steelers are at home and also more likely to put points on the board as Big Ben>Sanchez)...Buffalo isn't even a sure thing given the way Fitzpatrick is playing.

I think it will take 12 wins.

You know the jets will handle the browns.Mangina will be toasting this win too much.The Jets also have a better defense.It will be an ugly game but they will win the game.I agree that it will take 12 wins to win this division.

10 Nov 14 NYJ @ CLE
11 Nov 21 HOU @ NYJ
12 Nov 25 CIN @ NYJ
13 Dec 06 NYJ @ NE
14 Dec 12 MIA @ NYJ
15 Dec 19 NYJ @ PIT
16 Dec 26 NYJ @ CHI
17 Jan 02 BUF @ NYJ

Jets will do the following (I predict):
Wins: Cle, Hou, Cin, Chi, Buf, Mia
Losses: NE, Pit

That puts them at 12-4, with a division record of 5-1 and a conference record of 9-3. That's going to be very tough to beat.

I think New England finishes 11-5 (wins against NY, Chi, Buf, Mia, and either Pit or Indy; losses against Det (yep), Pit/Indy, and GB).

The AFC seedings will be as follows:

1. Pittsburgh (12-4, but tiebreaker over NYJ)
2. New York (12-4)
3. Tennessee (11-5)
4. San Diego (9-7, wins on tiebreakers)
5. New England (11-5, wins on tiebreaker over Baltimore)
6. Baltimore (11-5)

Indy finishes 10-6 (they still have to play @NE, @Ten, vs Ten, vs SD, @Oak, and vs Dal, who, with a new coach and Romo back (maybe), could give them fits). It would be fantastic to see the Colts out of the playoffs.

So New England travels to San Diego and Baltimore visits Tennessee in the divisional round. And that will be a *very* difficult game for New England.

Of course, if things break right, the Pats can finish 12-4 and have the tiebreakers over Pittsburgh, Baltimore, SD, Indy, and the Jets, and thus they could have a great shot at the #1 seed. Who knows?

Right now, I only really care about the Patriots schedule, but the way the Jets are playing right now I wouldn't bet on any games for them to win. They lose to the Packers who were really banged up. They only beat a bad Broncos team because of a stupid face mask penalty where the Jets go for it on 4th and 6 losing the game with a 1:30 left and no time outs. They only beat a bad Lions team largely because of stupid mistakes by the Lions (you are trying to run out the clock inside the two minute warning with the Jets having no time outs and you throw on third down and don't even complete the ball?) and injuries during the game (they lost Stafford towards the end of the game). The Jets could easily be 4-4 right now. And their schedule gets harder than the last three or four weeks.

Right now, I only really care about the Patriots schedule, but the way the Jets are playing right now I wouldn't bet on any games for them to win. They lose to the Packers who were really banged up. They only beat a bad Broncos team because of a stupid face mask penalty where the Jets go for it on 4th and 6 losing the game with a 1:30 left and no time outs. They only beat a bad Lions team largely because of stupid mistakes by the Lions (you are trying to run out the clock inside the two minute warning with the Jets having no time outs and you throw on third down and don't even complete the ball?) and injuries during the game (they lost Stafford towards the end of the game). The Jets could easily be 4-4 right now. And their schedule gets harder than the last three or four weeks.

There's also the intangible of Cubby Sanchez and I.M. LaClassian struggling with cold weather. All eight games are in the north outdoors. Jabba Wrecks will continue to be on the sidelines in shirtsleeves throughout and wonder what their problem is.

sometimes you need a bit of luck and oter teams stupidity to win games esp on the road so stuff like that happens.our chargers win is an example.
i think their schedule is easier than ours. they play mostly the same teams but their spacing is better e.g det @clev ,houston is certainly better than cle,@pitt,indy
And most importantly they have very good D which will keep them in the game till the end which wil give them a chance to win and the other teams more chances to screw up

There's also the intangible of Cubby Sanchez and I.M. LaClassian struggling with cold weather. All eight games are in the north outdoors. Jabba Wrecks will continue to be on the sidelines in shirtsleeves throughout and wonder what their problem is.

I haven't posted it yet (until now), but I surely have been thinking about our young pups and the cold.

McCourtey and Fletcher come from cold weather schools. But Spikes, Cunningham, Gronk, Hernandez, Deaderick (I'm sure I'm missing some) all come from warm weather schools/conferences. I wonder how they will play in the cold weather.

The Jets obsession is insanity..

They realistically are probably gonna get twelve wins..

which means we will need 13

Everyone assumes that when they come here it is a W.

This Sanchez we keep trashing has beaten us twice..

And I kinda have the feeling they might get it together by then..

What is scary to me is they are winning when playing poorly.. reminds me of a team we all root for..

If their offense gets back in synch they could be unstoppable..

So Lets focus on getting in because ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs..

The Jets obsession is insanity..

They realistically are probably gonna get twelve wins..

which means we will need 13

Everyone assumes that when they come here it is a W.

This Sanchez we keep trashing has beaten us twice..

And I kinda have the feeling they might get it together by then..

What is scary to me is they are winning when playing poorly.. reminds me of a team we all root for..

If their offense gets back in synch they could be unstoppable..

So Lets focus on getting in because ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs..

Why would the Patriots need 13?

I haven't posted it yet (until now), but I surely have been thinking about our young pups and the cold.

McCourtey and Fletcher come from cold weather schools. But Spikes, Cunningham, Gronk, Hernandez, Deaderick (I'm sure I'm missing some) all come from warm weather schools/conferences. I wonder how they will play in the cold weather.

Gronk grew up in Buffalo, so New England will probably feel like Miami to him. Not sure about the others.

Why would the Patriots need 13?

Right now they are at a disadvantage with all tiebreakers even with a victory over them in DEC they would need the Jets to lose another AFC game..

I know tiebreakers dont matter just yet but they will come into play if this weekend produces another Pats loss and Jets win..

Here's how I see it:

Pats remaining schedule:

*@Steelers - W 7-2 - the humiliation of losing the to the Browns will make the Pats come out strong.
*Colts - W 8-2 - I feel like this could be the first time in a while we beat Indy outside of 2007.
*@Lions - L 8-3 - another trap game...sigh...
*Jets - W 9-3 - I just can't see us being swept in the division.
*@Bears - L 9-4 - even in the preseason, I saw this as a loss.
*Packers - W 10-4 - I see the Packers getting destroyed in a game expected to be close.
*@Bills - W 11-4 - meh.
*Dolphins - L 11-5 - I can't see us sweeping the Phins. They seem to be much weaker at home and should certainly be tougher on the road.

Jets remaining schedule:

*@Browns - W 7-2 - Mangini will be too busy celebrating his Super Bowl victory to win a third straight.
*Texans - L 7-3 - The Texans are notoriously good at winning/losing games they shouldn't.
*Bengals - W 8-3 - the Bengals suck.
*@Patriots - L 8-4 - see Pats schedule.
*Dolphins - L 8-5 - I can't see the Jets sweeping the Phins either.
*@Steelers - L 8-6 - two game losing streak takes their momentum away and gets them destroyed in Pittsburgh.
*@Bears - W 9-6 - see Patriots prediction for @Bills game.
*Bills - L 9-7 - somehow, I just see this happening.

I see the division looking like this at the end of the regular season:

Patriots 11-5
Jets 9-7 (tiebreaker over Dolphins)
Dolphins 9-7
Bills 4-12

My apologies for such a long post.

Being a southerner who lived in Canada and Sweden for a little while, I can tell you that it only takes a few weeks to really adjust, at least for what's needed to play a game. Where you practice is more important than where you played in college. I think they'll be fine.

I dont see the Pats or Jets losing to any subpar teams from here out.

So it could be as simple as the Dec matchup..

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills pull of a big upset at some point. Against the Jets would be nice.

Dont forget the Lions Kicker getting injured. I knew when they missed the PAT it would come back to haunt them.

BTW, Sanchez had 3 fumbles and 1 INT in a freakin dome. He sucks.

Jet Fan Says: Jets will not beat any elite teams going down the stretch. I suspect that Jets will be the Wild Card Team and that the Pats will win the division. Now, let me tell you one thing--the Jets defense is way over-rated. Stop being so paranoid.

The Jets really benefit from the cake-walk at season's end. Kinda like they did last year--against really great teams that had decided to rest the first unit. Gotta think 12-4 for them. I have no idea about us so soon after that Cleveland debacle.

The jets will go 12-4

I don't see this team better than 10-6 at this point,that record would earn a 5 or 6 seed and that's more than anyone here can expect.

Lose at Pitt,Indy,GB and the Jets again seems about right in regards to who the pats will lose to.....that would mean 3 home losses which isn't likely but isn't out of the question either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes