PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets looking for more leftovers (Reche visits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangina put him to good work without even caldwell breaking a sweat.
He had the board prepped up for Reche to tell him how they use Moss and Welker and other things.
Just when I thought I couldn't hate the jets more look what Mangina goes and does, any scrubs we can bring in who they cut that would have a idea of the gameplan mangina is trying to brew up?
=====================================

Maybe bring back Boby Hamilton. I bet he would spill the beans.

I guarantee you that I hate the Pats at least TWICE as much as you hate the Jets.
======================================

And I hate the Dolphins, No hate here for the Pats though, can't say I like them, but hate is saved for the Fins and sometimes Bills.

My friend, who is a rabid Jets fan, is already making excuses for next week, talking about how this year is a "rebuilding year" for the Jets to position them for a 2009 Super Bowl run.

My friend, who is a rabid Jets fan, is already making excuses for next week, talking about how this year is a "rebuilding year" for the Jets to position them for a 2009 Super Bowl run.
Can't fault the guy for being realistic (about this year and next anyway).

I disagree with him. Ever since we hired Mangini last year and made Tannenbaum the GM, we have started a rebuilding process. I think its rather obvious to anyone who follows the Jets that this team is still not the team that Mangini and Tannenbaum wanted to build. This year is just year 2 of the rebuilding process.

Having said that, a rebuilding year is no excuse, you play every game to win it, and at the beginning of every season, every team's goal is the same: to win the last game.

No friggin way... I live in NY dude.. Those Jets fans are still marveling about that lucky win they squeeked out in Foxboro last year.. Imagine they beat them in the opener.. Forget it..

I'm with you. It's selfish, because an early loss would take some of the heat off, but living here would make that really, really tough to take. Seriously, beating the Pats could end up being the highlight of their year.

THE JETS are always 2nd...What team did you guys get BB from again, I seem to be drawing a blank. ;)

He was an Assistant in NE long before he coached for the Jets.

They begin to install the game plan on Monday. And BB didn't just fall off the proverbial turnip truck, any player who was on the bubble or the block approaching the 4th pre season game has no freakin' idea what we are planning for week 1 of the regular season. Reche has no idea how we plan to use Moss and Stallworth since they were barely on the practice field and never on the the playing field together during the pre season. I hope they do sign Reche for week 1 as their 7th WR thus guaranteeing his salary for the season. And it will only take him 3-4 months to get comfortable with Noodle Arm, if either of them lasts that long.

Reche ain't getting any younger, he's just using the JETS to create a market. He has no interest in joining another crowded field with established WR's, let alone one with a fragile QB with a youngster looking over his delicate shoulder. He needs to go somewhere where he has a shot at several hundred yards receiving, minimum.

I think Mangenius is due for a biatch of a sophomore slump.

gangreenman said:
THE JETS are always 2nd...What team did you guys get BB from again, I seem to be drawing a blank.

Cleveland. Bill then went to the JETS from the Patriots, just like his boss the Tuna did. Only Bill liked it so much better here, and disliked the JETS organization so much, that when they tried to name him their HC to keep him from returning here, he immediately scrawled his resignation on a ****tail napkin. LOL

Last edited:
Cleveland. Bill then went to the JETS from the Patriots, just like his boss the Tuna did. Only Bill liked it here so much better here, and disliked the JETS organization so much, that when they tried to name him their HC to keep him from returning here, he immediately scrawled his resignation on a ****tail napkin. LOL

And Parcells was a Linebackers coach in NE many moons ago. The Jets LOVE Patriot's leftovers.

I don't get it.

Weren't the Jets gonna have the best O-line in th AFC almost immediately with the signing of D'brick and Mangold?

I really mean it I hate the Jet's with all my being they're so damn easy to hate and now with Mangina pulling this fast one it makes it all the easier!
I wish I could go to the game:(

The Patriots "pulled a fast one" last year the same way with Jonathan Smith before the opener against Buffalo. It isn't like our team doesn't do the same thing, guys.

This could never match the Lawyer thing, though. I was at that Buffalo game. The entire stadium stood up and went nuts when Lawyer was introduced, Patriots and Bills fans both. The whole stadium was electric; the Bills rode that electricity to that massacre.

Last edited:
The Patriots "pulled a fast one" last year the same way with Jonathan Smith before the opener against Buffalo. It isn't like our team doesn't do the same thing, guys.

The Jets seem to be taking it to an extreme, though.

Last week, they had Artrell Hawkins in right after the Pats released him.

This week, they have Reche Caldwell in right after he is released.

Also, they sign Mike Elgin, a Pats 7th round pick released in the final cut, to their PS.

Also, they sign Mike Elgin, a Pats 7th round pick released in the final cut, to their PS.

Good for them. It's a worthwhile strategy. Don't forget Mangini was here when the Patriots signed Hawkins.

Last edited:
Division vulturing. It's to be expected. I could see Caldwell coming in as their 4th receiver since he's got some experience. It would be weird seeing old bugeye lined up against us though. For a number of reasons. :D

====================================

I had heard the Jets were looking at Elgin, but I have not seen anywhere that he has actualy sighned, do you have a link.
Not saying you are wrong, just that I have not seen confirmation of this yet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Schefler is reporting that the Jets sighned Elgin to there practice squad. Per NFL.com

Last edited:
====================================

I had heard the Jets were looking at Elgin, but I have not seen anywhere that he has actualy sighned, do you have a link.
Not saying you are wrong, just that I have not seen confirmation of this yet.

Schefter NFL.com

Last edited:
Mangenius is just ascared. His Belichick decoder is a year old and terribly outdated after an offseason in which we made dramatic changes on both sides of the ball and didn't showcase any of it in pre season. Trouble is, most guys won't spill the beans on their former employer, if they even really have many to spill, without a contract from their new employer/inquisitor. I'll bet Eric invests so much effort into this Sunday's game planning that he burns himself out and his team starts to question him as a result. After us, Pennington faces two more nasty defenses in a row - Baltimore on the road and Miami at home.

After the bye their schedule and scheduling gets ugly. Pittsburgh, @ Dallas 4 days later, @ Miami, Cleveland, @ NE, @ Tenn, KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes