PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets have finally made the transition to Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
as per tom jackson and various other media outlets. i guess he did play well today and throw 6 tds but thats a sample of the weekly jumping the gun conclusions we always have. already more than one show threw out playoffs for the jets although they do have a very favorable schedule after the bye.

as per tom jackson and various other media outlets. i guess he did play well today and throw 6 tds but thats a sample of the weekly jumping the gun conclusions we always have. already more than one show threw out playoffs for the jets although they do have a very favorable schedule after the bye.

just need to play the cardinals every week

As long as the opposing qb throws two picks and fumbles the ball four times, they should be fine.

cincy, kc, oakland the next 3 games are right down the same alley

who knows who will show up. KC was good today and Oakland is competitive.

it could go either way, who knows

and as long as all of the opposing db's stay 20 yards away from their receivers..........

who knows who will show up. KC was good today and Oakland is competitive.

it could go either way, who knows
POint taken but we should beat those teams.

Last edited:

Yeah as long as the teams they play against are soft.....so they beat a Pop Warner team today...big deal. Btw my thoughts and prayers go out to the Cardinals player who got injured today after the helmet to helmet hit that the Jets put on this poor guy.....

After last week Mangina was going to be fired and another miserable season beckoned for the Jets. After this week suddenly the Jets are a playoff contender. Make up your minds already.

Next week he'll throw 6 picks. ROFL

After last week Mangina was going to be fired and another miserable season beckoned for the Jets. After this week suddenly the Jets are a playoff contender. Make up your minds already.

so after week 2 Cassel was the savior now he is a scrub, make up your mind;):p

As long as the opposing qb throws two picks and fumbles the ball four times, they should be fine.

You noticed that, eh? On NFL.com Kurt is listed (smiling) as the weeks passing leader. Just goes to show how little yardage stats truly mean in football... He single handedly derailed his own team throughout the first half, then staged his patented meaningless stats comeback.

The Jets have beaten Arizona and Miami.

Going for 2 at the end of the game in a blowout :confused2:

The dirty hit to end a blowout :nooo:

Jets had 7 drives start from inside Arizona territory, thats why Farve threw 6 TDs, you can thank Warner for that.

Last edited:
In 2005, Favre threw for 17 TDs and 8 INTs in his first five games and then threw 8 TDs and 19 INTs his last 11 games. With Favre, you cannot make judgements based on one game. He is capable of having an All World performance followed by a long stretch of mediocre performances.

Considering the Cards had a bad pass defense going into the game, I wouldn't be making assumptions at all.

Favre looks great going against a mediocre defense that's missing two of its starting DB's and it's starting DE. If you overlook the idiotic pick he threw.

Favre looks great going against a mediocre defense that's missing two of its starting DB's and it's starting DE. If you overlook the idiotic pick he threw.

I have to say it is sure easy to hit receivers when there were consistently 10 yard cushions around them all day. I haven't seen receivers open so much and often in a while.

The sad part is that with Matt Cassel being the QB, Patriots probably only scored 6 FG of those 6 turn-overs and still lost the game.

=====================================================

I agree he looked good today.

The pick he threw was not even really a pick, when you consider that AZ jumped off sides and Favre knew this and figured he had a free play, and thats why he threw the pass. Of course the refs did not call offsides and thus the int.

I understand there is a good Brett and a bad Brett, but a day like today can go a long way to building team chemistry, which is something the Jets need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand