PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets give Sanchez 5-year contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Official Jets Twitter

QB Mark Sanchez has signed contract extension with the Jets.

“We feel really good about Mark as our starter.”

Tannenbaum says Sanchez extension is a five-year deal.

Last edited:
L o l

Last edited:
It is actually 3 years added to the two he has. $40 million of new money. Mediocrity for the NYJ QB to continue for a few more years.

OMG .... thank you tanenbum... and i guess peyton told you to go pound sand....

I am having a rum and coke to celebrate this momentus occasion! :rocker:

$40 million to a QB you tried to replace yesterday? Ummmmmm.......ok. :idontgetit:

I think i'll have to crack open a beer as this news is a great way to start a weekend!

thumbnail.aspx

Given the choice between a 36 year old Manning and The Sanchize, Jets would take the 36 year old. Given Manning had no interest in joining the circus, the circus extends The Sanchize. LOL Same. Old. Jets.

27 Mill guarenteed, 58 total.

:rofl: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I said this in the Jets' suck thread, but I think this is a Hail Mary pass by Tanny and Rex. They are facing the very real possibility of having both Brady and Manning in their division. Plus the Bills are rumored to be big players in free agency even going after Mario Williams. They used up a lot of their back to back AFC Championship appearances good will on a disaster season last year.

They probably think either Sanchez rebounds or they are going to get fired anyway. At least this gives them some cap room to fill the many holes they have. If Sanchez doesn't rebound, his contract is the next GM and head coach's problem.

Last edited:
if the broncos land manning... the pats will automatically be afc east champs for the next 10 years.. the jets are going to sink or swim with the dirty sanchez.. and with the redskins going after rg3.... the manning sweepstakes comes down to 3 teams denver zona and miami.. and if miami swings and misses and the browns land matt flynn.. we can count on miami sucking for another 10 yrs...

3 years, 58 million, huh?

BTW, Sanchez is guaranteed $27 million over the next two years according to Rich Cimini.

I said this in the Jets' suck thread, but I think this is a Hail Mary pass by Tanny and Rex. They are facing the very real possibility of having both Brady and Manning in their division. Plus the Bills are rumored to be big players in free agency even going after Mario Williams. They used up a lot of their back to back AFC Championship appearances good will on a disaster season last year.

They probably think either Sanchez rebounds or they are going to get fired anyway. At least this gives them some cap room to fill the many holes they have. If Sanchez doesn't rebound, his contract is the next GM and head coach's fault.

The JETS had to do this after publicly swinging and missing on Manning. That they or anyone else ever believed they had a shot at landing Manning is just proof of how delusional they are and how delusional the media remains about them. They just extended a guy they have no faith in because they had no choice but to try and prop him up in hopes of salvaging the GM's job. That's why Favre was traded for, why Mangini got fired, why Rex got hired, why Sanchez just got extended, why Rex will get fired and eventually Sanchez will too before accountability finally lands on Tannenbaum himself... because it will never land on Woody Johnson.

3 years, 58 million, huh?

Over $19 million a year for what was probably the 18th best QB in the league last year is a bargain, right?

I'm actually tempted to sign up on Jets boards just to laugh. Of course, that would lead to immediate bans, but the comedy value seems pretty high.

LOL.

I can't be the only one that was expecting a link to The Onion.

This might be the best day ever. I don't care if this clears cap room for them. This is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots