PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets give Sanchez 5-year contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The situation is obviously different if Manning signs with Miami. Personally, I think that Arizona is the best fit.

if the broncos land manning... the pats will automatically be afc east champs for the next 10 years....

What? Didn't anyone here know? Li'l Marky suited up for Super Bowl 46:

Attachments

• Sanchez SB.jpg
    Sanchez SB.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 413
Over $19 million a year for what was probably the 18th best QB in the league last year is a bargain, right?

As we all are, I am laughing uncontrollably.

Ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

This might be the best day ever. I don't care if this clears cap room for them. This is hilarious.
Those were my immediate thoughts. I can't stop laughing right now.

5 years w/58 total

3 years 40M extension.

STILL LOL

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha...

5 years w/58 total

3 years 40M extension.

STILL LOL

Yeah, i just read:

Numbers on Sanchez contract: 5 yrs/$58.25M, plus $10M in escalators. It includes $20.5M in gtd money and $40.5M in "new" money. #Jets

Still high. They are committed to him for a while.

Yeah, i just read:

Still high. They are committed to him for a while.

Oh yeah. Between the Skins and the Jets, I don't know which organization is more dumber.

Oh yeah. Between the Skins and the Jets, I don't know which organization is more dumber.

One has RG3. One has Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez.

LOL. What a terrible extension that is. How on earth do you justify giving Sanchez that much money?

LOL. What a terrible extension that is. How on earth do you justify giving Sanchez that much money?

2 AFC championship game APPEARANCES!!! ZOMG!! HES A BARGAIN!!!

/JESTS fans

LOL

Everyone's favourite Jets fan weighs in:

Ray Ray19 said:
Also, in the current NFL market, the Jets are banking on Sanchez still becoming a franchise QB, and considering the market for QB's, they get a BARGAIN if Sanchez continues to develop. I guarantee no fans are even considering this tonight.

IMO, this is a shrewed move, some risk involved, but shrewed in that if Sanchez does blossom, which he very well can, Tannenbaum will have played one of the better investment cards in NFL history. He will have a potential franchise QB playing in the prime of his career, 25 - 30 years old at a BARGAIN based on what the market for top 15 NFL QB's make.
Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Sanchez signed to extension

Last edited:
As usual, people are seeing big numbers and reacting when the numbers don't really mean a darn thing. Despite the numbers we're seeing uninformed mediots throw around, it seems that all the Jets did was give Sanchez a 3 year, $40.5 million extension and guarantee his salary for 2012 and 2013. They're not adding a guaranteed $20 million to his salary, they're simply guaranteeing the ~$20 million he was already scheduled to earn. There is very little risk above what they already had. They certainly weren't going to cut him anytime in the next 10 months so the only real change is they've committed themselves to his 2013 salary.

I highly doubt Sanchez sees a single dime of this "extension."

Last edited:
Well sure, it's a bargain if he turns out to be a franchise quarterback.

Do we think he'll be a franchise quarterback? I don't.

So Sanchez signed 3 additional years at what the Jets hope is bargain money, in return for a guarantee of what he was already slated to make.

Good deal for the Jets if Sanchez can actually play at that level. But I'm guessing he can't. Please correct me if I'm forgetting somebody, but the last QBs to achieve greatness after problems ascribed to personal immaturity were:

• Michael Vick, if you count him -- which I don't, because I think his play style precludes durability.
  • Brett Favre.
Ben R was already a darned good QB at the worst of his bad-character times, and Jay Cutler hasn't proved much yet ...

As usual, people are seeing big numbers and reacting when the numbers don't really mean a darn thing. Despite the numbers we're seeing uninformed mediots throw around, it seems that all the Jets did was give Sanchez a 3 year, $40.5 million extension and guarantee his salary for 2012 and 2013. They're not adding a guaranteed $20 million to his salary, they're simply guaranteeing the ~$20 million he was already scheduled to earn. There is very little risk above what they already had. They certainly weren't going to cut him anytime in the next 10 months so the only real change is they've committed themselves to his 2013 salary.

I highly doubt Sanchez sees a single dime of this "extension."

It does make him uncuttable until 2014 possibly longer. He may not see the final three years of his deal, but he is guaranteed to see the next two which is far more than he had yesterday when the Jets were pursuing Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes