PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

jets fans giving credit to BB & TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think the public narrative is starting to swing more and more to respect -- not just that they win, but how they win. More and more, you hear announcers say things like "They were trying to draw the defense offsides there, but that's not going to work against the Patriots. They're too disciplined." And given the horrendous clock management around the league this year, BB's masterly orchestration of the end of the Giants game has attracted attention.

Methinks it's as ridiculous to say "it's all Brady" as it is to ignore how good Brady is. :cool:

I do think the public narrative is starting to swing more and more to respect -- not just that they win, but how they win. More and more, you hear announcers say things like "They were trying to draw the defense offsides there, but that's not going to work against the Patriots. They're too disciplined." And given the horrendous clock management around the league this year, BB's masterly orchestration of the end of the Giants game has attracted attention.

And after it swings, most will typically not revisit their old insanity (i.e. buying into the propagandas via teams that have to try to beat the NEP off the field). ;)

TB is THE BEST QB of his time! And he's so good that he's compared to the best QBs of other times. :D

And he's not done, yet... :cool:

Last edited:
Aren't the Jets (and their fans) rooting for us this week? Isn't this just the fans puffing us up so we can beat their real AFC rival, the Bills?

In a few weeks, when we face the Jets again, they'll be back to their usual stuff.

On the whole, the quotes are accurate but I will never ever be convinced that the Patriots came ready to play the Jets in the playoffs. The Patriots beat the Jets so badly that they came in overconfident like they were going to roll, and that started with Brady who was ****y all week.

I actually felt the same way about that SB in 2007. They already blew up the Giants in the final game of the season, so Brady was appalled that anyone would think he would just put up 17 on that trash. So he went in there, ready to throw bombs at Moss in the face of the almighty blitz from the Giants. It took the beatdown in the end for Brady to fall off his high cloud and come back to Earth. It was just pathetic in my opinion, but he's learned his lesson, to never underestimate a team playing the SB no matter how sorry they were during the season.

If I hear one more idiot talking head say that all the GB issues are OL and missing Jordy Nelson, I will scream! The Patriots are in worse shape and Brady is killing it. How about this? Maybe the Golden Child (Rogers) was not as good as advertised. In the pressers he basically blames his WRs by making comments about looking up and nothing is there to throw to (ie, they can't get open). Some are still trying to say that this guy is the best QB in the league right now. I can't see how to justify that.

Thank you!

Same for Manning and his new lab produced excuse for playing like trash. A torn plantar fascia, seriously? I'm assuming it's been busted since last season, since that's when the decline became clear. Rodger's played with a busted ankle during the playoff game against Seattle last season. He was limited but his balls didn't come out looking like Manning's.

Rogers was never the best nor was he close to it. He was no more than more propaganda and brainwash tactics produced from the media, who refused to acknowledge, until now, that Brady, despite not being flashy on the field or making highlight reel worthy plays, may possibly be the best QB in the game. There is nothing separating Rodgers from Romo. There is no reason for why Rodgers should be considered better than Brees or even Roethlisberger, but the media chose to make him a star because bandwagon fans and mindless others were willing to jump on board after his SB win. Now there are fans who never even seen Rodgers play a down of football willing to say, "Rodgers is the best," most likely because the media said so. Now that the media says it's Brady, morons will now admit "Brady's the GOAT." Some days I can't decide if it's the media or if it's standardized (multiple choice question) testing that is leading to the dumbing down of the human race, but good grief, nobody can seem to think or see for themselves.

It sucks because Brady will always be known as the QB who deflated his balls. It's become a popular reference in pop culture now, they're even using it as a punch line in sitcoms and soap operas. The media.

Last night after MNF I was watching someone break down how the Pats' D played the 3rd and goal right after the 2 minute warning, and he emphasized how the designed pick play leads to an easy TD against most defenses. He pointed out how communicative the Pats' secondary was from the moment the Giants broke their huddle, and it led to our corners switching on the pick and covering both receivers really well.

Most defenses don't do that, doubly so with inexperienced corners. I recommend everyone go back and watch some defensive snaps over the past few games, and pay particular attention to how much the secondary talks to each other pre-snap. You don't see many totally blown assignments, and that's because they're pretty much always on the same page re: where everyone has to be.

Whenever Brady is ****y in the press it comes back to haunt him. I remember in 2007, we were just killing teams. Brady says during an interview "we want to crush teams", I remember thinking, what the **** did you just do, never say that **** outside the locker room to the press. After that moment, the Pats didn't crush any teams, in fact every game was close from that point on, including the close loss in the SB.

Think it, just don't say it. Keep it to yourself or share with your teammates. No need to give fuel to other teams.
No need to to give fuel to Karma either, she's a *****.

It's a funny thread and you can feel the jealousy while reading it. Love some of the quotes, like "It's all Belichick (Belicheat, Belichicken, etc) and Brady (Br*dy)." That team is nothing without them. Apparently the Jet's fans have never heard of some of the greats we've had from 2001-2015.

Also, apparently Belichick is nothing without Brady. Kraft isn't a big deal if he doesn't have Belichick and Brady, blah blah blah. Of course some idiot always has to bring up cheating, but it's funny to see his brethren debunk that lol. Haters realize the greatness of Brady.

I liked it even more when people claimed that Brady isn't that great and it's all Belichick, and simultaneously Belichick isn't that great and just has Brady. They're both apparently overrated and kinda ****ty, but only look good because of the other one.

The remaining idiots (Colts fans, mostly) resort to this argument:

"It's obvious that the Patriots are very good and that they do not need to cheat to win. That makes it even more shameful that they cheated anyway"

But a few people are seeing the light. I listened to Mike & Mike this morning (bad idea, I know, but morning radio options are limited in Florida!) and Chris Carter remarked that what he was enjoying most about this NFL season was watching Tom Brady play at such an amazingly high level.

I just about fainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes