PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Rice now says he did not use stickum

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky, Jerry Rice, Stickum, "I did not...." joke here somewhere...

Clinton, Monica and Rice walk into a room and they all suck. :eek:

It's sad that these ex-athletes find the need to relive their past glories and perpetuate their "legend." Marino's first 10 years after retirement were insufferable here in Florida....the guy milked his celebrity for every $$$ he could and patted himself on the back like nothing I've ever seen. Don Shula taught him the "Art of the Shill" well. Grab every easy $$$$ you can, I guess.

I'm hoping Brady foregoes the "post playing career celebrity" path because it devalues their accomplishments. I also hope Brady chills regarding recent desire to be a "healthy lifestyle" advocate. Unfortunately, his message , as admirable and on point as it is, will get deconstructed and devalued because he is the messenger. Millionaire athlete with personal trainers, personal chefs, personal assistants, private jets, personal shoppers....advocates a healthy lifestyle. Sounds so easy........for him.

People don't want to be preached to when all things are not equal. In terms of cementing his legacy, I see no benefit in attaching "lifestyle coach" into the TB12 resume. The perception game sucks for big timers like Brady....but it is real unfortunately....and for me, I want TB12 to be a football legend......not an in-your-face celebrity. Maintain some mystery, Tom.

Last edited:
Nah he just lost track of what he said. He probably doesn't follow what he says in the media TBH. Still probably the greatest WR of all time no matter what he did or didn't do and said or didn't say.

I don't buy that excuse. This isn't a comment that was said sometime and not talked about till now. This was rehashed many times, most notably when he criticized the patriots as cheaters sparking a social media firestorm in regards to his comments about using stickum- to which he further responded that everyone else was doing it- to which high profile players responded to him and vehemently disagreed. How can you 'lose track' of that. The guy has lost a lot of credibility, regardless of him being the greatest wr.

Interesting that Rice knows how to delete tweets (recall the deleted "I did my research, guess stickum was illegal" ), but has yet to delete this one. Unless it's just on account he's still in bed right now, suffering from the effects of whatever led him to post that.

Yea Rice has been pretty devestating to me as I reached adulthood.. I had pictures of him on my wall growing up, plaques, football cards etc and idolized him. . Then when I was in my mid 20's I started to see and realize what a total douchebag he is a lot of times

Incredibly disappointing to say the least
So few celebrities seem to grasp the simple truth that you will be perceived as classy if you just SHUT THE HELL UP.

randy_moss.jpg

That's right. All is right in the world. Tom Brady and has 4 rings and I am the undisputed GOAT WR because I did not cheat.

lol dat title change tho

It's sad that these ex-athletes find the need to relive their past glories and perpetuate their "legend." Marino's first 10 years after retirement were insufferable here in Florida....the guy milked his celebrity for every $$$ he could and patted himself on the back like nothing I've ever seen. Don Shula taught him the "Art of the Shill" well. Grab every easy $$$$ you can, I guess.
Quite possibly my all-time favorite non-Pats NFL game is Marino's last game. Benched in a 62-7 playoff loss to the Jags. I still remember where I was and what I was doing as I listened to it on the radio.

I tweeted his comments about using stickum, copied a link to the YouTube video showing him saying he cheated a little bit by spraying stickum on his gloves.

No one would be questioning anything if all this cheating stuff wasn't so trendy in the NFL, a situation he helped create by commenting on Brady and the Patriots. He's not smart enough to understand that it could backfire.

When you fling poo, you get some on ya.

I think Rice is the GOAT at WR. His twitter idiocy and stickum use won't change that for me. But I'll enjoy watching anyone get tarnished at this stage - particularly people who deserve it for being massive ****ing douchebag hypocrites.

This cheating **** is probably going to ruin this sport for me. Not the 'cheating' itself; the incessant cheating talk and childish finger pointing. Most of this cheating stuff that has been talked about as being such a big deal is actually less cheat-y to me than intentionally holding someone and hoping to get away with it or fighting for the ball under the pile even though the other guy clearly has it.

But people are extremely ****ing arbitrary when they label one thing cheating and another thing 'gamesmanship' or 'part of the game'.

No one would be questioning anything if all this cheating stuff wasn't so trendy in the NFL, a situation he helped create by commenting on Brady and the Patriots. He's not smart enough to understand that it could backfire.

When you fling poo, you get some on ya.

The funny thing is that he accidentally flung the "poo" a few months ago but now he's turned on the fan and flung it again. Why? So Dumb.

Quite possibly my all-time favorite non-Pats NFL game is Marino's last game. Benched in a 62-7 playoff loss to the Jags. I still remember where I was and what I was doing as I listened to it on the radio.

Hell yeah, same here. I was 14 when that game happened, still remember exactly whose house I was in, who I was with, what chair I was sitting in, etc. One of the highlights of the Pete Carroll era, and yeah I know that's kinda lame but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results