PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JC Jackson penalties in the 4th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he had a good game personally. Some of the calls against him were utterly dreadful.

Kelce TD I think was OPI personally, If it’s Gronk is called.

They seemed to be mostly legit calls. They could have held on to the flag on the sidelines PI though.

Anyone else think at least one of them was very, very ticky tacky. I can't remember the exact sequence of events. There was a lot going on at the time. I just remember it was a big play in a big moment towards the end of the game.

Lets talk about it. Gifs, videos?

You can grab as much as you want, long as it doesn't look like it. He should watch Gilmore and learn how to do it.

The funny thing is fans of the other 31 all agree Gronk pushes off every target.

You hit on one of the insane things you see in comments sections in every article about the Patriots: Missed penalties are okay if the Patriots would have been the beneficiary.

Besides wanting to see their team win, you would think that most fans would want to see a well officiated game. When you point out Kelce pushing off or the pick play by Conley, though, the usual response is "That's rich, a Pats fan complaining about a missed call," "Gronk pushes off all the time" or "The Patriots invented the pick play." What these people are saying is that they'll accept poor officiating, as long as it goes against the Patriots. If any other team is involved, then the officials are incompetent and changes need to be made to make sure those mistakes never happen again.

Kelce, not once, but twice (on the TD and the DPI in the EZ) got away with a full arm extension push off on JC - there was a huge fuss about Gronk doing the same in the last few years - we were told; fully extend the arm and it's OPI. Just not if it's Kelce doing it.
Yeah this bothered me a lot seeing that. Kelce had two full hand extension. Gronk gets called for less. Such BS. Heck I've seen them call a penalty on Gronk for the little one handed push off he did while catching the ball on the sideline against Berry. Shaq rules is such ********.

launch forearm to the head against a defenseless receiver after and INT, clearly against the rules

That's huge miss! that would be 15 yard penalty from the spot of the INT! Would have spotted the ball around the chiefs 40 yard line instead.

Anyone else think at least one of them was very, very ticky tacky. I can't remember the exact sequence of events. There was a lot going on at the time. I just remember it was a big play in a big moment towards the end of the game.

Lets talk about it. Gifs, videos?

You flag that but not the Rams hit? Officials are stupid. Let them play.

The hold against Jackson was totally legit. The sideline one was totally illegit. The Kelce one probably technically was DPI but was super duper ticky tack.
I'm going to be on the fence about this DPI. You can see how JC is pushing the receiver to the sideline. Why does he do that? To widen his route. Now the receiver is further away from the ball than he may have been. Doesn't look like much, but it prevents the receiver from getting to the ball.

That being said I just want it to be called consistently which is what they're not doing. Drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore