PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins...the Chung turn around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me he is clearly the best of this seasons new arrivals. He has been flat out awesome thus far. Jamie was a great player in his first stint but this time I think he will be even better for us.

Collins has been a playmaker his whole career.

He was a beast first stint in NE. Even when he freelanced.

An exceptional athlete who is almost a luxury on this D. There is so much talent on this unit, Collins needn’t “do everything”.

I sure hope the D stays healthy, because if so - it’ll be very tough to beat NE.

A lot of it has to do with the guys around him. Collins IMO has always been one of those guys who is a play maker but not an every down kind of a guy.

He works best when you have a bunch of guys around him who handle dirty work and free him up to make a play. That is exactly the situation he's in right now and we are seeing first hand what he can do when his only responsibility is to make something big happen and not worry so much about the small things.

Shoot that gap, if you miss it's okay, someone will bail you out. Play aggressive with that TE/WR. If you mess up someone will bail you out. ect.... That is the kind of situation he is in right now.

Collins was significantly better than Chung on their first go around.

BB's just building him up so as to get another 3rd round compensation pick.

Someone will break the bank for a 30+ year old Collins? I doubt it.
In a league where a 31 year old Kareem Jackson gets $23 million from the Broncos or LB Kwon Alexander gets $54 million from the 49ers.....somebody will overpay...

In a league where a 31 year old Kareem Jackson gets $23 million from the Broncos or LB Kwon Alexander gets $54 million from the 49ers.....somebody will overpay...
Collins might just be happy where he is after seeing what it's like on a losing team

Nothing wrong with getting paid and seeing that the grass is definitely NOT greener on the other side of the fence. I do believe Collins is a better player, but I also think that this year's defense makes everyone look better. This D has the potential to be at par, if not better than the '03-'04 defense IMO.

Collins is off to a decent start, his stat projections through 3 games are solid.

101 tackles
13 sacks
11 interceptions
16 pass defends
21 run stuffs

Let’s not get carried away with the hype though his forced fumbles could use some work...

their LB group is beast......in general, the overall size of the front 7 is absurd by today's standards.....Roberts is the only one who comes in under 250lb....

OL's don't have enough beef to form a pocket

it appears that the holes that do get created are for the LBs.....not the RBs

some team will be crazy enough to offer Jerod Mayo a head coaching job

Collins might just be happy where he is after seeing what it's like on a losing team
Dude already knew what it's like on a losing team. His team went winless in his final year in college!

Up until the weeks before he was traded when he was grousing about his contract he was easily one of our best defenders.

He went to Cleveland for half a season and kept them from having a winless season so they made him the highest paid ILB at that time. The following year he had a multitude of injuries before suffering a torn MCL.

Last season he led them in almost every statistical catagory. A new GM was hired and the strength of that defense was its linebackers, they had a lot of good ones most of whom had rookie contracts, they were cheap, so they cut Collins.

The Pat's tried to trade for Collins last year at the deadline. BB knows what Collins is despite his small school pedigree. He is and always has been one of the best every down linebackers in the NFL. The same season he traded Collins he traded Chandler Jones, just because a homegrown player prices himself out of NE doesn't mean they're bad... it means they're too expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore