PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White re-signing with Patriots

Glad he's back for at least one more go round... Figured the Pats would offer him a contract unlike some who figured he'd be heading to tampa on day 1 of free agency

Last year was a tough one for James White so I am not at all surprised his numbers were down. Between Covid and his parents' car crash resulting in the death of his father and severe injuries to his mother, I'm surprised he played as much as he did. After that car accident, his mind was probably elsewhere for quite a while.
I don't even think the reduced production was because of his own play. He was just being thrown terrible passes. To his credit, he caught a large majority of them, but as other have said in this thread, even those completions were affected by Cam's accuracy in that he was often put in a position to get less yards after the catch and/or take a big hit.

Different offense.

Between the shrinking cap and playing with Scam and the Little Sisters of the Poor at the skill positions last year, this probably wasn’t the best year to enter FA for White.

Still would've thought brady would push the bucs to sign him.

They were missing a pass catching back last year. But they also still haven't resigned fournette.

N'Keal Harry is young. My point is why take a chance on a draft pick when we have a proven commodity? In the case of Harry they were forced to take a WR.

I did not expect white back, but very glad bb got him resigned!

Me either, still shocked Brady and Tampa didn't steal him at 3 or 4 mill.
I agree, but at the same time BB has always tried to keep that skillset on the roster. That receiving back position adds versatility to the playbook and I think it's pretty clear that White has a few more seasons in the tank, especially now that the TE blocking is on far more stable footing. With more meat on the front lines to create gaps I expect White to be able to exploit them way better than last year

I agree, but at the same time BB has always tried to keep that skillset on the roster. That receiving back position adds versatility to the playbook and I think it's pretty clear that White has a few more seasons in the tank, especially now that the TE blocking is on far more stable footing. With more meat on the front lines to create gaps I expect White to be able to exploit them way better than last year

bb was ok with letting vereen leave town, before white was on the roster.

I know bb let both of them test free agency but it may be more accurate to say white chose to return.

bb was ok with letting vereen leave town, before white was on the roster.
Your timing is off. White was drafted in 2014, which was Vereen's final season with the Patriots.

That’s pretty much what im saying, just suprised at the complete lack of interest elsewhere esp tampa

That’s pretty much what im saying, just suprised at the complete lack of interest elsewhere esp tampa
Their loss is our gain. He's far more valuable than his salary. If Tompa Bay had a RB with his hands and ability they'd be even more formidable on offense than they are now.

Your timing is off. White was drafted in 2014, which was Vereen's final season with the Patriots.
I thought that Vereen was the best pass-catching RB until I saw White. He's better and I think more affordable.

Their loss is our gain. He's far more valuable than his salary. If Tompa Bay had a RB with his hands and ability they'd be even more formidable on offense than they are now.

Big time, incredible value for us at 2.5, and he would kill it in that offense while defenses are trying to cover those wr/te’s

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back