PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White re-signing with Patriots

Very happy with this, thought for sure brady was going to poach him.

Just one year, huh? Guess he said to Cam, “ok, just one more chance.......”

in all seriousness though, I think this reflects White’s view that the money isn’t there this offseason and he should do a one year bet on himself, and it reflects on the Patriots view of being careful giving long term deals to running backs on their 3rd contract. So win-win, and we’ll play this same dance again next offseason.

Surprised he stayed to "suffer" under Bill instead of going to Tampa :)

What is wrong with this statement:

"Washington's quest to add more offensive talent could include New
England wr N'Keal Harry."
Um, there's nothing wrong at all. The WTF knows what they're talkin' about. I'm just wild about Harry. ;)

Just one year, huh? Guess he said to Cam, “ok, just one more chance.......”

in all seriousness though, I think this reflects White’s view that the money isn’t there this offseason and he should do a one year bet on himself, and it reflects on the Patriots view of being careful giving long term deals to running backs on their 3rd contract. So win-win, and we’ll play this same dance again next offseason.
Yeah. Good for him. Try to hit it next year when there might be more FA money.

Surprised he stayed to "suffer" under Bill instead of going to Tampa :)
It’s amazing how many players are ignoring what this board tells them they believe

Sorry to say but with James resigning it looks to me that there is NO room at the inn for Rex Burkhead. With Harris, Sony, White, and JJ plus the ST's king, Rex's time in NE is over. He was a great multipurpose RB who ran hard. So hard he had trouble staying on the field. I could have seen him back IF White had gone like most expected. But with him back, I think they really don't need him. though I can can see the Pats drafting one on day 3.

BOTTOM line this is good news both for the field AND the locker room.....also a good example of just how tough it is out there for FA's
The return of White is the best of all the FA news for me. I thought that he was gone for sure. Now we need to get a QB who can get him the ball and let him do his magic.

If we're going to draft another RB in Rd 3 anyway I'd rather keep Burkhead. Why take a chance with a draft pick?

What is wrong with this statement:

"Washington's quest to add more offensive talent could include New
England wr N'Keal Harry."
his talent is offensive

I don't think there's a receiver he missed throws to more frequently than James White. Just could not figure out how to accurately throw it to the flat.
The crazy thing about our perception is that our eyes can't register the fact that James White had the highest Catch% (79% - 49 Recs on 62 Tgts) of his career in 2020 (except rookie year where he had 5 Recs on 5 Tgts).

People considering signing White aren’t looking at his stat sheet or misunderstanding that those numbers had anything to do with him.
He’s an old guy in a spot that most teams use young guys.
James White is only 28 or just turned 29. He had a down year in 2020, but who, among the New England Patriots offensive skill players didn't?

We know what he can do. We know he is not Randy Moss or Rob Gronkowski who create their own opportunities and are mismatches for whomever is across the line of scrimmage. James White is an outstanding complementary player. With all this talent at WR and TE on the field in 2021, James White can once again excel in his role as an outlet or as a primary target in a space vacated by one of the players who will take one or two defenders with him wherever he goes.

Very happy White is back. Would’ve stunk to watch him play for another team after all his big game accomplishments here.

What an offseason from Bill though, bravo. Aside from the Cam return and the Agolohor contract, Belichick has been totally on-point this offseason.

Very good news. Had he not stayed here I daresay the top contender for his services would have been.... well, you know.....

sign Fournette please

The crazy thing about our perception is that our eyes can't register the fact that James White had the highest Catch% (79% - 49 Recs on 62 Tgts) of his career in 2020 (except rookie year where he had 5 Recs on 5 Tgts).

It's his highest completion percentage, but tied for his lowest yards/reception at 7.7 (other year was 2017). This confirms what Cam's biggest problem with accuracy was last year: Fine point timing throws. White had, on average, a half step less time to look up field and take advantage of his blockers because the throws were slow and behind him. It also didn't help that we had very little help from the tight ends on these screens. The latter at least should be better this year, the throws... TBD.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
James White is only 28 or just turned 29. He had a down year in 2020, but who, among the New England Patriots offensive skill players didn't?

We know what he can do. We know he is not Randy Moss or Rob Gronkowski who create their own opportunities and are mismatches for whomever is across the line of scrimmage. James White is an outstanding complementary player. With all this talent at WR and TE on the field in 2021, James White can once again excel in his role as an outlet or as a primary target in a space vacated by one of the players who will take one or two defenders with him wherever he goes.
Nothing I disagree with there, but his age and specifically his age for his role affected his market.

Love James White. Harris plus White is an elite backfield. Add our 2 TEs Smith and Henry and it should be a very fun year for play action passes and screens.

When I first saw "James White resigning with Patriots", my first thought was, "Damn, he's leaving" (resigning). Then I realized that dash was missing. :)

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back