PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White re-signing with Patriots

JW's rec/tgt was higher last year than in previous years.
This is definitely surprising to me, but I'd also like to compare it with Cam's accuracy rate in the flat in 2020.

Fantastic! I guess the rumours of his departure were premature! So much for no one wants to play for BB !!!

This is definitely surprising to me, but I'd also like to compare it with Cam's accuracy rate in the flat in 2020.
Ya, it obviosuly doesn't indicate that Newton was as effective as TB with White, but I think the disappointment of going from the goat to what we saw last season has skewed the perception.

Receiving Corps 2021 edition: Edelman, White, Danny Vitale, Jacobi Meyers, Nelson Agholor, Jason Bourne, Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, N'Keal Harry etc. Not bad.

Stidham is going to break all of TFB's records.

Would expect to resign Rex as well.

People seem to keep forgetting Bolden is on the roster too... he was an opt-out last year returning. Yeah he's down on the depth chart but he's probably higher than Taylor.

That said I also except a Burkhead return - pay him $1M with some incentives and stash him on PUP.

The thing is, when Cam missed, he missed by YARDS, not INCHES. That sticks in your head. A bounced pass will look like ten slight overthrows in retrospect. Newton's completion % was quite acceptable last year (although the offense was so pared down and run-geared, that's a misleading stat, too).

Receiving Corps 2021 edition: Edelman, White, Danny Vitale, Jacobi Meyers, Nelson Agholor, Jason Bourne, Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, N'Keal Harry etc. Not bad.

Stidham is going to break all of TFB's records.
Jason Bourne?

Cool!

Fantastic! I guess the rumours of his departure were premature! So much for no one wants to play for BB !!!
I think the market is very depressed and unfortunately for White he had his worst statistical season in the last 4 years because of Cam. I can't imagine he got a lot of offers other than Tampa who looks to be resigning Fournette.

I don't think there's a receiver he missed throws to more frequently than James White. Just could not figure out how to accurately throw it to the flat.
The rookie QB we draft in the first round will love having White on 3rd down this year.

Let’s gooo!!! Red jacket player back in the fold!

We're getting the band back together

1616598534435.png

I think the market is very depressed and unfortunately for White he had his worst statistical season in the last 4 years because of Cam. I can't imagine he got a lot of offers other than Tampa who looks to be resigning Fournette.
People considering signing White aren’t looking at his stat sheet or misunderstanding that those numbers had anything to do with him.
He’s an old guy in a spot that most teams use young guys.

People considering signing White aren’t looking at his stat sheet or misunderstanding that those numbers had anything to do with him.
He’s an old guy in a spot that most teams use young guys.
He just turned 29.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back