PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White is having hip discomfort

Great quiet excellence in his contributing career with the Pats topped off by his epic performance vs Atlanter.
Sweet Feet spotted with a big fork stuck in his hip.
He's done.

Honestly I think his best case scenario is he starts on PUP and comes back mid-season. At this point though I wouldn't be surprised if we see an announcement in August about him hanging it up. Great career here and I wish him the best if that is the case.

How much money does he miss out on if he retires? If he can collect his full salary while rehabbing and it doesn't hurt the team then that's fine by me. And if he can actually contribute in the stretch run and perhaps postseason then it's well worth it for the team.

Disappointing as he and Mac seemed to hit it off right away. White would have been a huge help but thats a tough one to come back from.

Wonder if strong will be ready this year, our 3rd down backs typically take a year or 2 to fully grow into the role other than woodhead. Rham might get additional work in that role too.

Red Jacket? Legit question, there's a log jam there.

How much money does he miss out on if he retires? If he can collect his full salary while rehabbing and it doesn't hurt the team then that's fine by me. And if he can actually contribute in the stretch run and perhaps postseason then it's well worth it for the team.
If he retires I bet the NEP do him a solid similar to the $2m parting gift they gave JE11

I love White & I will never forget his game against the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Maybe this explains our drafting a couple RB this year.

I really like Pierre Strong jr & I am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

He is really fast with a lot of wiggle.
Hopefully he has good hands

Got my vote. 3 SBs. Faulk is in and Sweet Feet is right there with him.

If he does manage to play one more year and has a typical White type of year, he should pass Faulk in both career receptions and career receiving yards, into first in both in Patriots history, but he'd be doing it in about 55 fewer games than Faulk.

When they said he was not partaking in many reps at mini camp, you had to know he was probably a strong pup candidate!

If he took place in any reps at all, can he even be put on the PuP list? I thought a player could only be able to go on that list if they hadn't practised at all?

Even if James starts the year on PUP, he’ll be a good influence to have in camp with Strong and other young RB’s trying to pickup the passing game and blocking schemes.

After years of refinement with Tom, he understands nuances that even Mac can learn from.

If he took place in any reps at all, can he even be put on the PuP list? I thought a player could only be able to go on that list if they hadn't practised at all?

I think that "clock" starts right at the beginning of training camp, when players get the PUP designation when they report. After that, if they practice, they're removed from the list, and only players still on it by the end of the preseason can be placed on the PUP for week 1. I don't think any off season camps count towards this, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Got my vote. 3 SBs. Faulk is in and Sweet Feet is right there with him.
Mine too. It really feels like there's going to be a long line to get in.

Automatics:
Brady
Belichick
Gronk

Layups:
Hightower
Vinatieri
White

Should be no brainers:
Welker
Julius Adams (c'mon man)
Mankins

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride:
Vrabel
Fairbanks

GFYS, you traitorous eff
Parcells
The New Power Generation Tea GIF by Prince

I guess it depends what is specifically causing the discomfort, the original trauma, poss recovering from the surgery itself or other areas over compensating.. He was going to be very lucky if he came back with no discomfort or reaction given the type of injury. Hopefully he can get through it as he is a great player to have around even if not at 100%

Mine too. It really feels like there's going to be a long line to get in.

Automatics:
Brady
Belichick
Gronk

Layups:
Hightower
Vinatieri
White

Should be no brainers:
Welker
Julius Adams (c'mon man)
Mankins

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride:
Vrabel
Fairbanks

GFYS, you traitorous eff
Parcells
The New Power Generation Tea GIF by Prince

DMac & Slater are also obvious Layups.

Regarding the bolded, I am in complete, 100% agreement.

The dudes right above & below him, however, can wait a while longer...

Fairbanks should also be in already; in his way he personally saved the franchise... ****ing Sullivans...

Vrabel I feel should and will also get in eventually... He certainly deserves to go in ahead of those other two.

Somebody I rarely hear mentioned is Dan Koppen; he deserves some votes as well... And speaking of OL, we'll soon enough have to consider SeaBass, Solder & Cannon...

DMac & Slater are also obvious Layups.

Regarding the bolded, I am in complete, 100% agreement.

The dudes right above & below him, however, can wait a while longer...

Fairbanks should also be in already; in his way he personally saved the franchise... ****ing Sullivans...

Vrabel I feel should and will also get in eventually... He certainly deserves to go in ahead of those other two.

Somebody I rarely hear mentioned is Dan Koppen; he deserves some votes as well... And speaking of OL, we'll soon enough have to consider SeaBass, Solder & Cannon...
Dmac, yeah. I love Slate, but does he get in purely as a special teamer?

a RB having hip discomfort almost a year removed from the injury is not a good sign

More at 11

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back