PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

I wasn’t really on board with his signing but man...this defense is so much better with him. He made some really big plays rushing the passer yesterday that won’t be in a stat sheet like on that 4th down.

Already more than worth it. Great to have him here even if it’s probably only a 4 game rental.

He was very disruptive, he turned back the clock, those leg days really helped him, he had such a hard bull rush that o-linemen have a hard time slowing him down. Our interior line played poorly in the first half but in he second half they were doing their jobs and stopping the run and getting pressure on.
Now we need to come and play for 60 minutes.

It still boggles my mind that Tomlin gave away Harrison for free knowing full well that we needed depth in the front 7 and a physical player who could hold the edge.

I can understand why Steelers fans don't like Tomlin

Iirc he disrupted pretty much every play on the last series and one other key 3rd down stop at least. Already proved totally worth it and then some. Does anyone have his snap total yesterday??

Never thought I'd say this, but I damn sure hope we re-sign this 40-year-old Defensive End.

He's been just what the doctor ordered for this defense.
I tend to agree. Always need to get younger but his experience, stoutness vs the run and playmaking ability is still there and then some.

It still boggles my mind that Tomlin gave away Harrison for free knowing full well that we needed depth in the front 7 and a physical player who could hold the edge.

Yep, you'd think that they would have learned their lesson with Blount. The way to punish a malcontent is to sit him on the bench or suspend him -- not send him off to compete for a Superbowl with the Patriots!

The post game interview with Prime was great with his kids Henry and James Jr on his lap in all their Pats gear...said he wants to play until he's 40 or 41. I'd love to see him back next year.

Harrison vs back up LT Vaitai is a match up that I like against Philly

Vaitai is a big, strong guy. I actually advocated drafting him here as a Cannon backup / replacement. Harrison has the edge in experience and leverage, but Vaitai has improved significantly from last year, when he had a pretty abysmal season. It's not as one-sided as you might think.

I can understand why Steelers fans don't like Tomlin
He made everyone get fooled into thinking he’s this mastermind of a coach over the years.

But lately, I think we’ve begun to realize that he’s had great players, and really he’s a little dumb.

I wasn’t really on board with his signing but man...this defense is so much better with him. He made some really big plays rushing the passer yesterday that won’t be in a stat sheet like on that 4th down.

Already more than worth it. Great to have him here even if it’s probably only a 4 game rental.

The very second I heard right here that he was released, my reaction was can we get him?

My theory on it was like, if B.B. can do all this with UDFA people, what would he do with an aging yet high power all pro? Wanted to find out.
I’ve been very happy with this signing as he’s supplied what we’ve not had all year. Came up huge yesterday

The very second I heard right here that he was released, my reaction was can we get him?

My theory on it was like, if B.B. can do all this with UDFA people, what would he do with an aging yet high power all pro? Wanted to find out.
I’ve been very happy with this signing as he’s supplied what we’ve not had all year. Came up huge yesterday

Can't forget his undrafted roots. On this team, I think only M. Butler and Hogan faced similar uphill battles just to make it in the NFL.

Harrison during a face time interview with Dieon Sanders, when asked what it is like out there in NE: "nothing is taken for granted. Everyday, its like .. fundamentals. Repetitive. Repetitive. Its like the army where you do the same thing everyday that it becomes second nature to you"

I loved Harrison signing as soon as he was confirmed.

He helps everyone on that young D-Line for Wise/Flowers/Adam Butler/Brown. I imagine once rivers is back next season he will help him as well if he signs back with us.

Harrison during a face time interview with Dieon Sanders, when asked what it is like out there in NE: "nothing is taken for granted. Everyday, its like .. fundamentals. Repetitive. Repetitive. Its like the army where you do the same thing everyday that it becomes second nature to you"

That’s the true beauty of this team. Nothing compares and I’ll remember all this craziness to my dying day

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes