PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison (remember him?) explains why Eric Reid’s hit on Ben Watson was intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, how could we forget all-time Patriots legend James Harrison? I know he played for another team or something but we all know where was the most impactful part of his career. Every season he played with us we went to the Super Bowl.

Uh, how could we forget all-time Patriots legend James Harrison? I know he played for another team or something but we all know where was the most impactful part of his career. Every season he played with us we went to the Super Bowl.

The fact that his signing made Pittsburgh lose its damned mind makes him something of a legend to me.

Every season he played with us we lost the Super Bowl because of the defense.

Panthers forum is split on this. The stupid thing is it's entirely based on whether they already liked his politics, they don't give a **** about whether the hit was dirty, late, premeditated, whatever.

A Saints fan gave a very thorough explanation of why it was an illegal hit, citing the rulebook itself when pressed. The Panthers fans' response? "Oh yeah? Well nothing you say matters because Bountygate!"

What ****ing idiots.

Panthers forum is split on this. The stupid thing is it's entirely based on whether they already liked his politics, they don't give a **** about whether the hit was dirty, late, premeditated, whatever.

A Saints fan gave a very thorough explanation of why it was an illegal hit, citing the rulebook itself when pressed. The Panthers fans' response? "Oh yeah? Well nothing you say matters because Bountygate!"

What ****ing idiots.

Wow :mad:

Interesting that former players are saying that he would definitely know WHO he was hitting. Leads me to speculate that Reid probably went into this game looking to get a good hit on Watson. When the opportunity came, he couldn't help himself despite Watson already being down.

Don't get angry get even

Reid is the Vontaze Burfict of DBs. Douchebags.

Harrison seems like he gives credit to Brady and Belichick in all of his appearances on those shows. He’s always trying to tell the other hosts that it’s so much different in NE, talking about the winning culture and the Patriot Way, etc. This seems to be another instance of that with his thoughts on Watson.

Eric Reid = Scum.
Every player hitting another one intentionally to hurt him and get injured even during the competition is a scumbag - including Reid.

Clearly a late and dirty hit. No way to definitively know if it was intentional or not due to his beef with Watson.

Don't get angry get even

Of the many building blocks that comprise The Patriot Way 'Living Well Is the Best Revenge' may well be the capstone, we've certainly seen it often enough. No one but Ed Reid thinks that dirty azz hit wasn't obviously deliberate. When Watson ends his season a champion and Reid is watching Ben hoist the Lombardi from his couch I doubt that hit will be much consolation.

He should get a 4 game suspension. 1 for the late hit to the head and 3 for the frog kick at the end that proves it was intentional assault (which, in a just world, would continue in the courts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back