PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please post the instagram post and remove that BSPN link from the OP. It has omissions. on whether he visisted Shazier and helped the younger guys. So typical of BSPN of doing that, vile scum organization. No more BSPN links please!

Edit: Found it! Put this in the OP's post instead of the BSPN link.

Last edited:
He never looked more like Deebo than in that interview. Looked like he wanted to kill the interviewers, actually he looked like Belichick during interviews, so it's all good.

I got no problem with JH or what he's said in the past ( I did before but that's another issue). As long as he plays his ass off for the time he's with NE, I like him.

The Phantom James Harrison Press Conference?

Except he’s trashed the Patriots and called them cheaters at every turn. Not a fan.

Wear it like a badge of honor. The Buffalo Bills could warm balls, film from the field and pump in double doses of crowd noise...... and no one would say a word. Do you know why? Because they suck donkey kok. Embrace the hate. It means they're relevant.

Wear it like a badge of honor. The Buffalo Bills could warm balls, film from the field and pump in double doses of crowd noise...... and no one would say a word. Do you know why? Because they suck donkey kok. Embrace the hate. It means they're relevant.

Good advice. I am actually somewhat glad that Defamegate came out, because now I realize that Spygate was also a crock. Now I just think it's hilarious reading the comments from other team's message boards and the lengths they go to in making excuses. However, it bugs me when actual NFL players chirp about it. Harrison tweeted after SB46 that "cheaters never win." Well that's funny because everyone knows this guy and his team are far from clean. He is a giant hypocrite. But I do find this amusing and somewhat good that he is a Patriot, mostly because of the ex-girlfriendesque *****ing from Pittsburgh, and if he does win a title, it will be a feather in the cap similar to Revis.

The BSJ gives a very detailed accounting of Harrison's remarks. He goes a lot further than the instagram above in detailing what he went through to get to this point.

When he signed he was told he was going to get snaps. When it became clear early on that this wasn't happening, he respectfully asked to be released. They kept telling he'd get snaps and it didn't happen. He asked for his release again. And they kept telling him he'd get snaps again. And soon he wasn't getting practice snaps.

This went on through the entire season. He didn't have a problem getting beat out by TJ Watt. What he had a problem was with the lies they kept telling him, while not getting his release. They kept stringing him along ALL season.

Important to note that he flatly rejected the notion that he didn't help Watt and the other younger LB's. He rejected the notion that he didn't visit Shazier after his injury. It looks more and more that this was an orchestrated smear campaign that the Steelers ORGANIZATION wanted to get out there.

And the fact that they did it so overtly, just shows more about the reasons why the Pats own the Steelers. They have the best roster in the AFC, and should never lose to the Pats, especially with the front 7 we've been force to throw out there over the last 8 games. Yet they lack the mental discipline to turn that talent into victories over the Pats.....And this year isn't going to be any different.

I thought Buffalo's pa system was a collection of those speakers they used to hang on posts at the drive in back in the day? :p

Good advice. I am actually somewhat glad that Defamegate came out, because now I realize that Spygate was also a crock. Now I just think it's hilarious reading the comments from other team's message boards and the lengths they go to in making excuses. However, it bugs me when actual NFL players chirp about it. Harrison tweeted after SB46 that "cheaters never win." Well that's funny because everyone knows this guy and his team are far from clean. He is a giant hypocrite. But I do find this amusing and somewhat good that he is a Patriot, mostly because of the ex-girlfriendesque *****ing from Pittsburgh, and if he does win a title, it will be a feather in the cap similar to Revis.
It takes a while to embrace the hate.
It took a few years for me to get it.

But, damn just go to a Squeelers board and read the ridiculous , angry, "I hope Gronk and TB get career ending injuries" , type threads.

Just keep winning, just keep winning, just keep winning...

That is all you need.

No words needed after that. Wear your shirt, hat with pride.
We own them. And they know it.

My only reservation about this signing is the report that he was intentionally and disrespectfully sleeping during position meetings and snoring loudly. That is very unprofessional if true. I understand he was doing everything to get cut, but I detest people who sleep during meetings.

I think Tomlin's man management is lacking, case in point is Blount. I think it is a similar issue. I don't know how any coach could have condoned that behavior for more than a week.

As to previously tweeted comments and other things he has said about the Patriots, it is water under the bridge. After all, "the Can you hear me now guy is working for Sprint". It is business!

My only reservation about this signing is the report that he was intentionally and disrespectfully sleeping during position meetings and snoring loudly. That is very unprofessional if true. I understand he was doing everything to get cut, but I detest people who sleep during meetings.

I think Tomlin's man management is lacking, case in point is Blount. I think it is a similar issue. I don't know how any coach could have condoned that behavior for more than a week.

As to previously tweeted comments and other things he has said about the Patriots, it is water under the bridge. After all, "the Can you hear me now guy is working for Sprint". It is business!

That ex Verizon guy cheated millions of people into buying their service and now years later he's changed his freaking tune???

Screw that guy man. And you're pissing and moaning about some dude sleeping in a meeting while the other is literally ripping money out of a family's hands.

What about the children?

We need a poll.

I think he'll fit in just fine here, the steelers defense is built on speed and sure he's lost a step but BB will carve out a job for him and if he does his job I think he'll make an impact.

I think he'll fit in just fine here, the steelers defense is built on speed and sure he's lost a step but BB will carve out a job for him and if he does his job I think he'll make an impact.

Patriots desperately need
My only reservation about this signing is the report that he was intentionally and disrespectfully sleeping during position meetings and snoring loudly. That is very unprofessional if true.

I don't know whether it is true or not and I have no idea how the Steelers conduct their behind the scenes business or discipline. However, a guy who is bench warming, who reportedly asked to be released multiple times, he is ignoring rookie/newer players and coaches, he is being purposefully disruptive, who carries very little 2018 dead cap (250k) if released, all this yet Pitt doesn't discipline him at all and doesn't release him until essentially the end of the season? It doesn't quite add up. That doesn't make it untrue but something seems amiss given the evidence.

Something else that doesn't add up. JH has made in the ballpark of 45m football earnings over his career(likely additional earnings through his celebrity) and has two SB rings. His money this year is already paid: a 500k roster bonus, a 500k signing bonus, and a 58k per game salary (14 games). He can't seriously be looking to create some stats to get some sort of fat future contract (nothing wrong with that but JH is at the end of the road). So JH will make a single 58k game check against the Jets then smaller than 58k game checks for each playoff (unless the Patriots win the SB, then he'll make a +/- 100k check --- all things he had a fair chance at getting with Pitt). So this guy who behaved terribly on an ongoing basis with the Steelers, doesn't have the big money to make anymore, already has 2 SB rings, and this guy signs with a notoriously tough and disciplined organization for what? Again it just doesn't add up to a lazy malcontent, it adds up likelier to a guy who would have been hustling at every turn to make his case to get on the field. Maybe that wasn't the case, who knows for sure, but the evidence certainly says that is a very viable explanation.

He never looked more like Deebo than in that interview. Looked like he wanted to kill the interviewers, actually he looked like Belichick during interviews, so it's all good.

This. He looked pissed.

Mediot: "Did you consider going anywhere else"?
JH: (clenches teeth) "There.were.no.other.offers".
Mediot: "James does it hurt you what some of your former teammates are saying about..."
JH: (cuts mediot short) "ANY Jets questions???"

Had that massive chip on his shoulder look. A pissed off and determined JH on a well-coached team could turn out to be a very dangerous weapon. :)

Except he’s trashed the Patriots and called them cheaters at every turn. Not a fan.

Agree. A guy that can't take a loss like a man and has to whine like a little ***** and make up excuses is the opposite of a Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down