PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never heard the scuba suit story before from the 2004 playoff game with the Titans. Has anyone else heard of it previous to Reiss' column today?

If it worked that well for Brady back in 2004? You would think that since the Pats have known for about a week that this is what the weather would be like; they would have had scuba suits or their like available for the rest of the team as well.

Based on what Brady said, if he had good enough movement to play QB, it sounds like a perfect solution at least for the OL.

BTW- I wonder how long the list of idiot player will be who do their pregame warmups in T-shirts just to show how tough they are. ;) There are always a few.

BTW-2. I re-watched the 2004 game and saw a couple of things that made me go hmm.

1. Tom Ashworth was our starting RT in 2003. :eek:

2. Russ Hockstein played most of the game at LG after Woody got hurt.

3. Christian Fauria made 3 great catches in the first half.As well as the key block on the run TD Hard to remember now that he was a pretty good player.

4. Easy to forget just how easily that game could have gone the other way. Drew Bennett's drop on that hail Mary might have been the easiest ball he had a shot at. He had at least 3 other worldly catches prior to that drop, including one on that last drive. The Pats also had a FG block and watched a FG miss as well.

5. Daniel Graham had a tough game with a big drop inside the 10 and a lost fumble.

6. Adam V also had a miss, but made a game winning 46 yd FG, that not only barely sneaked in over the bar, it bare made it past the left upright.

7. Felger and Mazz would have had a field day of negativity after this win.

8. Poole, the CB, had a really tough game playing against Carolina's big WR's. He literally bounced off of Bennet on that last play leaving him wide open.

0. But as bad as Poole was, that's how good Rodney was with a pick, tons of tackles and he was the best Pats pass rusher (off the blitz) as well

1o. This one is hard to picture, but in this game Romeo Crennel somehow morphed into **** LeBeau in the second half. The Pats blitzed almost every play down the stretch of that game. They blitz so little these days it was glaring to watch

11. This wasn't in the game, but its always a good time to point out that that this 2003 won TEN games against teams that won at least 10 games that year. What other team in NFL history can say that.

Monty Beisel?
I think he was more on the inside?

Even if he was blazing fast, I'm not sure he knew where he was going.

BTW- I wonder how long the list of idiot player will be who do their pregame warmups in T-shirts just to show how tough they are. ;) There are always a few.

I remember watching a game recently, must have been a snow game or at least a really cold one, and the announcers were talking about how if you wear long sleeves as a lineman you're not a real football player or some **** :rolleyes:

11. This wasn't in the game, but its always a good time to point out that that this 2003 won TEN games against teams that won at least 10 games that year. What other team in NFL history can say that.
They also played and beat the co-MVPs back-to-back in the playoffs.

Deebo is just the right kind of mad right now !

5 tackles 2 sacks. (albeit some in garbage time).
He's so strong he sets a great edge. Pushes back O-linemen with ease into the quarterback.

Dude came to play...He spit in the Steelers face for a reason "I STILL HAVE IT, AND IM GONNA SHOVE STRAIGHT UP..." go head and finish that quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back