PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison officially signs with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been discussed ad nauseum here in PA. Harrison is a liability in coverage, and Butler wants his guys to play alot of coverage. Dupree, and Watt are the future and getting all the playing time. Harrison was pissed he wasn't playing, and spoke up about it. Maybe it was getting awkward in the locker room. I'm not buying the "guy can't play anymore" crew.
SteelersUniverse is hysterical. Just found it.

I buy what you say.

I dunno....this dude is a women beater. Rather not root for him....then again it would upset Steelers fans.

It’s ok. As long as steeler fans feel agony about it it’s even ok to sign Ray Lewis

Huh, so let's review the LBs: we have the unguided missile Roberts, Cement Shoes Harris, Flowers...the Other Flowers, Grigsby with 5 or 6 career tackles.

So hmmmm, is it possible JH may have more than a narrow role?
Yes. You forgot Lee somehow.

One of the things I like about this signing, is that Harrison is a wealth of knowledge as far as pass rush moves, he could be a good teacher to Lee, Flowers, Flowers and Wise (sounds like a law firm). So I don’t think he can do like Andre Carter did, Carter obviously had more left in the tank, and led the team in sacks, but he could probably be a good teacher.

One of the things I like about this signing, is that Harrison is a wealth of knowledge as far as pass rush moves, he could be a good teacher to Lee, Flowers, Flowers and Wise (sounds like a law firm). So I don’t think he can do like Andre Carter did, Carter obviously had more left in the tank, and led the team in sacks, but he could probably be a good teacher.
Did you happen to see any of the footage of him working with the young guys in Pitt, this year? It may have been on local coverage here, but he pretty much coached them on his own...it was pretty impressive, especially seeing as those guys were replacing him. Guy has football IQ no doubt. And his work ethic is off the charts.

It’s ok. As long as steeler fans feel agony about it it’s even ok to sign Ray Lewis

A bizarre lot over there. JH has basically been warming the bench then was released by Tomlin. So they are upset they lost a bench warmer as well as upset the player that was fired decided to sign somewhere else that was the best situation for him? Huh.

It's just a bunch of crayon markups and doodles of Tomlin drawing himself with a Super Bowl trophy and a cape while flying to the sun.

Probably on page 8 there's a scribbled note to "Gotta covr Gronk (Check wat # he is)" or something similar.

Best-case scenario, this signing will be like Andre Carter or Mark Anderson. Steelers fans have been saying he can't cover or run. But BB finds a role for a guy and won't ask him to do what he can't. So as a situational pass rusher, he'll fit right in.

Brilliant post, lmao!

A bizarre lot over there. JH has basically been warming the bench then was released by Tomlin. So they are upset they lost a bench warmer as well as upset the player that was fired decided to sign somewhere else that was the best situation for him? Huh.
They expected him to be a good soldier, and sashay into the sun set like polamalu did, when they were done with him. Lol

Jesus they have 37 pages on this.

The entire fan base is melting down.

Love it.
It really is worth relishing. I mean he is their all time franchise career leader in sacks...when you think about how many great defensive players they've had it's quite an accomplishment. And for them to just cut him, so he can sign with the team they can't beat! Brilliant!

Broadcasting live from Gillette.... :D

Belichick upon meeting Harrison:

tumblr_mlb9cqjHWq1qerkzao1_500.gif

Belichick after inking the deal:

tumblr_opv9tygnhO1tghj17o1_500.gif

Last edited:
The joys of being a Pats fan just never end.
What a great bit of entertainment this week.
And if the Steelers lose in their first playoff game, he can gloat about that and we can enjoy it.
And if they win and come to New England for the AFC Championship, the run up will be mahvelous.

They expected him to be a good soldier, and sashay into the sun set like polamalu did, when they were done with him. Lol
I saw a report that they were in touch with him about coming back, after he cleared waivers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes