PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jakob Johnson Appreciation Thread

So panzerkampfwagen means self contained fighting vehicle.
hmm have not heard the word anywhere even not in army, more common would be gepanzertes (Kampf)fahrzeug = armored (combat) vehicle

Why FB’s are going extinct is beyond me. I love a good FB clearing out a hole for a RB. A lot of teams are really stupid.

Yes they are... It's obvious that Rham & the Omen - especially Omen - run more effectively when there's a FB in front of them... I'd also like to see Jake more integrated into the passing offense as a way to keep defenses more off-balance, if possible.

hmm have not heard the word anywhere even not in army, more common would be gepanzertes (Kampf)fahrzeug = armored (combat) vehicle
Not surprised. It was the Nazi era designation of a tank, commonly shortened to Pz or Pzkfw. I doubt it's a term that would survive the de-Nazification efforts considering how famous those tanks ewre.

I didn't realize today that he is part of an international talent development program by the NFL and his salary doesn't count vs. the cap.
It does count.

The international program allows teams to develop players, giving them an extra slot on the PS at the cost of not being able to elevate the player.

The Pats saw enough in Johnson that they rejected that option.

Yes they are... It's obvious that Rham & the Omen - especially Omen - run more effectively when there's a FB in front of them... I'd also like to see Jake more integrated into the passing offense as a way to keep defenses more off-balance, if possible.
Your lack of negativity is freaking me out. You ok ? Like the nickname though...I had to think for a minute who you were talking about.

Not surprised. It was the Nazi era designation of a tank, commonly shortened to Pz or Pzkfw. I doubt it's a term that would survive the de-Nazification efforts considering how famous those tanks ewre.
that might have been the formal name of it, but I am pretty sure Panzer was the commonly used name by most people in and outside the army

edit: just checked it on google, yep formal name in the Wehrmacht but Panzer is the commonly used name and now they only refer to Panzer (Kampfpanzer, Jagdpanzer, Schützenpanzer, Spähpanzer etc. for differend kind of tanks)

that might have been the formal name of it, but I am pretty sure Panzer was the commonly used name by most people in and outside the army

edit: just checked it on google, yep formal name in the Wehrmacht but Panzer is the commonly used name and now they only refer to Panzer (Kampfpanzer, Jagdpanzer, Schützenpanzer, Spähpanzer etc. for differend kind of tanks)
But what about Wild Panzer? @dikembe

And a ton of play action

Why FB’s are going extinct is beyond me. I love a good FB clearing out a hole for a RB. A lot of teams are really stupid.
I've actually seen some teams do something interesting. They take LB or an extra OL and use them in the fullback role. Not sure if that's a better idea than just using a fulltimer, but the Colts for example have been using Darius Leonard in the role, and it's hard to argue with how well it's worked considering the success of Taylor in the run ga.e

I've actually seen some teams do something interesting. They take LB or an extra OL and use them in the fullback role. Not sure if that's a better idea than just using a fulltimer, but the Colts for example have been using Darius Leonard in the role, and it's hard to argue with how well it's worked considering the success of Taylor in the run ga.e
I've never been a fan of that as those guys whiff on lots of blocks. It also becomes very obvious they are running the ball.

The Patriots offense has been at its best with a fb on the field, especially Develin and now, Jakob. A fb makes your offense tougher and more physical. It also expands your playbook makes you less predictable. Teams that dont use a fb are stupid.

I am just gonna parrot of a list . The number of top level performers should give an idea as to why we have been able to get 7 wins in a row.

A list
  1. Mac
  2. Barmore
  3. Stevenson
  4. Harris
  5. Henry
  6. Meyers
  7. Bourne
  8. Jakobson
  9. Karras
  10. T. Brown
  11. Shaq
  12. Gunner
  13. Bailey
  14. Folk
  15. JC Jackson
  16. Judon
  17. Dugger
  18. Phillips
  19. Slater
  20. Bolden
  21. Lawrence Guy

B level

1. Van Noy
  2. Myles Bryant
  3. Hightower
  4. Mccourty
  5. Jamie Collins
  6. Mills
  7. Godchaux
  8. Wise
  9. Bentley
Doing their job
  1. nkeal Harry
  2. Jonnu
  3. Joejuan
  4. Isaiah Wynn
  5. Agholor
McCourty in B level?

I remember watching him when he first got here telling my self "it's a cool story..but no way..he's too raw".

Now I think he's one of the best fullbacks in the NFL and he's a key component of our dominant run game.

Dude sucks.

For some reason Germans do really well when they come here. Besides Johnson and Vollmer, does anyone remember Dennis Seidenberg of the Bruins? Dude was a tank when healthy

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back