PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags want McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags can claw that thought out of their head, he's ours.

Jags want McD and JAG and perhaps a new jag?

Maybe he can go there undercover and send some guys from their roster over here hehehe :rolleyes:

is brady going with him?? mcdaniels isn't head coach material.

If McDaniels isn't going to stick around and take over HC after BB retires then yeah, I would be pretty happy for McDaniels going to Jacksonville. Shad Khan is committed to improve the Jags and the overall team seems to be going in the right direction, except Blake Bortles. I think Jacksonville would be a great place to work for as a head coach and while I would be sad that McDaniels is leaving, I am happy that he would be going to a good place to work.

He's dumb if he goes there, Bortles is horrible.

Jacksonville would be 32/32 on my list.

I can't blame them. McDaniels would be great for Bortles, who has a lot of talent but has mechanics that have gotten way messed up.

No chance of Josh going to JAX

I disagree with the Board's opinion, so far.

McD has improved as an OC and he has one quality that is irreplaceable for a leader-position: To know when you are wrong and move on.

He is smart to the point where I think he understands what went wrong in his last HC gig, so he can do things differently.

Plus, Jacksonville has good talent. On both sides of the ball: If he can snatch a QB (Grop maybe?), they are absolutely candidates to win in a weak division like the AFC South.

There should be a package deal. McDaniels and JG to, say, the Rams, for a 1st round pick in 2017, a 1st rounder in 2018, and a fourth rounder in 2018. Something like that. The Rams' D has some pieces. JG immediately gives them a quality QB (Goff isn't the answer, and they could trade Goff to, say, the Jets or Cleveland, to offset some of their lost picks), and the Rams can be off and running.

The Pats then draft another QB to compete with Brissett for the "QB of the future" title. They use the 1st round picks on defense. And away we go.

There should be a package deal. McDaniels and JG to, say, the Rams, for a 1st round pick in 2017, a 1st rounder in 2018, and a fourth rounder in 2018. Something like that. The Rams' D has some pieces. JG immediately gives them a quality QB (Goff isn't the answer, and they could trade Goff to, say, the Jets or Cleveland, to offset some of their lost picks), and the Rams can be off and running.

The Pats then draft another QB to compete with Brissett for the "QB of the future" title. They use the 1st round picks on defense. And away we go.
They don't have to give picks for McDaniel. 2 high firsts for Jimmy g is nuts. Rams do not have a 2017 1st.
Otherwise...

I disagree with the Board's opinion, so far.

McD has improved as an OC and he has one quality that is irreplaceable for a leader-position: To know when you are wrong and move on.

He is smart to the point where I think he understands what went wrong in his last HC gig, so he can do things differently.

Plus, Jacksonville has good talent. On both sides of the ball: If he can snatch a QB (Grop maybe?), they are absolutely candidates to win in a weak division like the AFC South.

I think its a good assessment of the situation but I think JMD will want final say on personnel.

Kahn is a self-made guy so hes not one of these silver-spooned idiot owners.

Who knows...maybe?

They dont have a first round pick next draft, IIRC.

There is 0 chance they will give up completely on Goff after just 1 year.

I think its a good assessment of the situation but I think JMD will want final say on personnel.

Kahn is a self-made guy so hes not one of these silver-spooned idiot owners.

Who knows...maybe?
Khan gave Gus 5 years (edit 3 years) Let me tell you, McD with Lee, Burns, Allen and a competent QB, decent Line for 3 years? Could be A LOT worse.

I had put the Jags job as the best position for a new HC next year. I dont know how much will McD reliquinsh, control wise, for something like that.

I think Josh will be a good head coach, but he needs to go somewhere where he can implement the right players and people. He knows he needs the right QB to work with to build a winner. That just isn't Bortles. From what I've heard on here and elsewhere is that Bortles isn't committed to studying and learning and relies on his God-given talent. Josh will want someone who's committed. I could see the LA Rams as a team he would go to where he could help mold Goff. If it's the Jags I think he tries to trade for Jimmy G.

They dont have a first round pick next draft, IIRC.

There is 0 chance they will give up completely on Goff after just 1 year.

If they could trade Goff for a 2nd rounder, and if they think that JG is better, sure they may make a move, especially if the move also brings in McDaniels (who, presumably, they'd want pretty badly as HC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back