PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags want McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Josh goes to a team where the owner wants to make Bortles/Goff work then he's lighting his NFL head coaching career on fire, you could sell me on Josh improving and fixing a lot of quarterbacks in this league but those 2 guys are flat out horrible and will never be good.

People thought only ever thought Bortles was good cause he racked up stats in the 4th quarter down 30 a bunch last year, countless times the Jags would have 10pts or less after 3 and end up with 24+.

Goff might be the worst number 1 overall pick i've seen at QB in a quite a while, he's not even shown a single flash of potential he has zero pocket presence and bounces passes to wide open guys, i'll be supremely shocked if this guys ever good at least with recent number 1 picks at QB you've seen upside even during their bad games, you can't even see any with Goff right now.

I think they end up getting coughlin. He'd be perfect for that team

Josh is great at drawing up a offense with a QB who knows how to run a offense. IMO he is not a quarterback guru he is not a Andy Reid type he needs to bring his guys in to be a winner,

just look at BOB in Houston with out the right QB his pass offense has been garbage. Sam Bradford worst year of his career was with Josh as the OC/QB coach. mcdaniels needs a team with a good vet QB or a team that's going to trade for Garoppolo

Reading this thread makes me realize how much people hate MacDaniels. Jacksonville and Cincy, sweet Jesus I wouldn't do that to Jeff Fisher.*

*Who, by the way, is the front runner for both jobs. Mike Brown would fire Marvin tomorrow for a shot at that loser.

I think the ideal fit for mcdaniels is Cincy.

Mcdaniels needs to run from the Rams and Browns due to ownership concerns,

The jags are young and have good pieces, but no identity and run terrible schemes. Bottles head is mush at this point. He need a year or two on the bench to learn how to read defenses, look defenders off and get the ball out quickly. The jags are in desperate need of a running game,

Mike Brown is one of the worst owners in football. His primary goal is saving money

If MacDaniels is interested in long term success he would be best served by waiting to see where Caserio goes and then taking the job as HC there, if offered to him, obviously. He's not going to get an offer that gives him Belichick type control over football operations so having a GM like Caserio would be the next best thing.

I think Caserio and MacDaniels to Chicago with a subsequent trade of their first for Garrapolo makes the most sense.

Well if I am McD, I wouldn't touch LA or Jack unless I felt the young QBs were franchise quality. This will be his last shot if he doesn't succeed. Ownership is also a big factor in this process.

I don't think either is a franchise QB. Chicago with the Jimmy G trade could make sense. Not sure they will fire Fox though.

I have disliked his call at times but I don't want him to go until BB retires. I know his career and money is his decision but Kraft can pay him to stay.

I have disliked his call at times but I don't want him to go until BB retires. I know his career and money is his decision but Kraft can pay him to stay.

Kraft can certainly afford to pay him big money but it will never come close to HC pay. That said I think MacDaniels is simply waiting for the right opportunity and he can be as choosy as he wants.

Jaguars GM reportedly interested in Patriots coordinator Josh McDaniels

I'm not as sold on Josh as many others are, and I don't think he'll make a good HC but this could be a decent opportunity for him. Low expectations, a serviceable QB, some very decent receivers and a good RB.
You get two opportunities in the NFL to be a head coach. McDaniels already blew his first opportunity; does he really want to use that last shot on the Jaguars?

The only positive about the Jags is the weak division in which they play.

McDaniels should wait for Pagano or Rivera getting fired they're both gone within 12 months maybe even in this off season at least you'd have a chance to be good one day in Indianapolis or Carolina with a good offensive scheme and good coaching with QBs with at least some potential in pretty weak divisions historically.

Jacksonville/ Los Angeles are complete career enders for him as a head coach.

You don't want your future as head coach resting on trying make Bortles or Goff viable starters, if the 2nd chance goes bad he won't get a 3rd.

McDaniels should wait for Pagano or Rivera getting fired they're both gone within 12 months maybe even in this off season at least you'd have a chance to be good one day in Indianapolis or Carolina with a good offensive scheme and good coaching with QBs with at least some potential in pretty weak divisions historically.

Jacksonville/ Los Angeles are complete career enders for him as a head coach.

You don't want your future as head coach resting on trying make Bortles or Goff viable starters, if the 2nd chance goes bad he won't get a 3rd.

If MacDaniels agreed to work for Jim Irsay I would lose all respect for him. Besides, that's Jeff Saturday's job.

I would drive him to the airport. Cannot stand him as a coordinator. I have never seen anybody so consistently bang their head against a brick wall. If a play fails 12 times in a row most people would have the sense to not run it 13th time on 3rd and 1. Not Joshy.

Cannot wait for him to leave and take his predictable, often times gutless offense with him.

I would drive him to the airport. Cannot stand him as a coordinator. I have never seen anybody so consistently bang their head against a brick wall. If a play fails 12 times in a row most people would have the sense to not run it 13th time on 3rd and 1. Not Joshy.

Cannot wait for him to leave and take his predictable, often times gutless offense with him.

Are you for real? I can pretty much ignore you from now on, I guess, since clearly you know zero about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes