PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby says goodbye (EDIT: and hello!)

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
goodbye, Jacoby.

It was so nice having you. Not many #3 rookie QBs can leave such lasting impression as you did in your time as a Patriot.

good luck!

_______

To the Patriots organization thank you for the opportunity. The countless memories will live forever. To that locker and the friends/relationships that I've gain in such a short amount of time thank you guys for accepting me. Excited for this new journey in Indy and can't wait to get started. #BloodBrothers.... Letsssss Gooooo

Last edited:
ballbill.0.gif

Take care, Jacoby. You're a class act.

Dear JB,

Loved your humility, professionalism, & most of all for holding the down the fort while The Goat & Aladdin were sidelined last year.

27-0 over the #1 defense (at that point in the season) will never be forgotten.

Best of "Luck" to you ;).
R.I.P Wolfpack.

Peace!

Last edited:
goodbye, Jacoby.

It was so nice having you. Not many #3 rookie QBs can leave such lasting impression as you did in your time as a Patriot.

good luck!

_______

To the Patriots organization thank you for the opportunity. The countless memories will live forever. To that locker and the friends/relationships that I've gain in such a short amount of time thank you guys for accepting me. Excited for this new journey in Indy and can't wait to get started. #BloodBrothers.... Letsssss Gooooo

Hopefully this kid can find his way back here someday

This kid did a helluva job. I wish him the best of luck ..so long as it doesn't conflict with ours, of course.

I think this trade will benefit JB. He'll most likely have more opportunities to get into games and show his stuff with the Colts than he would have had with the Patriots.

With Luck injured this might have been the nicest thing bb could have done for Brissett. He has a chance to fight for playing time and under the lights again, a rare occurrence for a depth quarterback, especially 2 years in a row.

He is now in a great position to carve out an NFL career as a journeyman backup. For a guy who wasn't a fit for our offense bb couldn't have put Brissett in a better situation if he was going out of his way to be kind.

I'll be rooting for him, even in Indy kinda. I mean, I'll be rooting for them to lose every game because **** the Colts, but I hope he plays well enough to solidify his place in the NFL with a real team down the road.

I think he has a future as a backup in this league and if he can figure some things out, who knows.

Yeah, I agree with that. Long-term starter is still on the table for him, but his mechanics still need to improve to get there. I thought he looked a lot better this preseason than he did a year ago, though, so if he's fully committed to the improvement (rather than being, say, a Ryan Mallett type) then I could see him being someone's entrenched starter down the line.

I really wanted him to be the heir apparent. Maybe he's not that good but I feel he deserved a shot here to prove it.

Sucks he's on the Colts. If he went to the Rams or something I could root for him.

I'm fine trading Brissett. I trust Belichick and it's not like we have a reason to root for an unproven player. No one lost any sleep over trading Cassell or Mallet. It's not like Patsfans had any reason to root for Brisset any more than other former backups.

But I wish him the best! Seemed like a mature young man

I really wanted him to be the heir apparent. Maybe he's not that good but I feel he deserved a shot here to prove it.

Sucks he's on the Colts. If he went to the Rams or something I could root for him.
What is the reason you "really wanted him to be the heir apparent"?

Why him over JG?

I'm just curious because I never saw a reason to root for Jacoby over any other backup we've had

Why him over JG?

I'm just curious because I never saw a reason to root for Jacoby over any other backup we've had

For a rookie still learning the system, we consistently heard about him being a leader and helping others with the playbook. In particular, Michael Floyd made a point of pointing out how helpful he had been.

He seemed to really fit in with the guys. He was part of Brady's Wolfpack. Him and Jimmy got Brady a birthday cake, and Jacoby wrote "Old" instead of his actual age.

And I recall McCourty and some defenders bringing up his trash talking and also some joking around they did with him during practice. How often do starting defenders bring up the 3rd-string QB?

Just seemed like one of the guys, well-loved and respected.

Why him over JG?

Because Jacoby being the heir means 3 more years of Brady guaranteed. JG on the other hand means the real possibility that this could be Brady's last season with the Pats.

Given the bums that are starting for more than a few current NFL teams, I can absolutely envision a scenario in which JB develops into a starter somewhere, because he's not a bum in my opinion.

He's capable of making Luck look over his shoulder.

He's capable of making Luck look over his shoulder.
Put Brissett on a team with nothing to lose and he might just make something of himself. On a team with first rate run blocking his mobility is much more of an asset and he's better than a lot of desperation quarterbacks because he won't take stupid risks with the football.

The very least you can say about Brissett is that he does make the opposition beat him, he does not beat himself. As bottom echelon starters go you could do a lot worse.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back