Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
2,942 yards
18 TD, 6 int
60.2% completion
88.0 rating with the Colts.

Remember Bill Parcells coached this kid Brissett in Florida and Parcells said he had special leadership intangibles in personality and work ethic like Tedy Bruschi, Troy Brown, and McGinest. High praise from Parcells.

Last edited:
and available with Philip Rivers now going to Indy...

Read somewhere that his cap number was 20M? Sounds too rich for my blood. Wait for Indy to cut him?

I would be thrilled if they got Brissett.

Not going to lie Indy had some talent around Biscuit. Current Patriots O just too paltry and filled with holes. Recipe to get a young or Vet QB carted off. :eek:

Isn’t rivers contract with Indy only 1 year? Maybe the dolts hand onto brissett !

The whole premise of a Brissett trade from the Colts side of things is to get it done before Sunday when his $7 million guaranteed bonus is due. The only way they can escape that payment is by trading him.

Screw that, make them pay it and then worry about any potential trade after that.

The whole premise of a Brissett trade from the Colts side of things is to get it done before Sunday when his $7 million guaranteed bonus is due. The only way they can escape that payment is by trading him.

Screw that, make them pay it and then worry about any potential trade after that.

@venecol

:)

Final verdict on giving Brissett that extension last year? Now they’re in a position where they’re not comfortable paying him that much but don’t necessarily want to get rid of him.

Interesting to see how the next 4 days play out

Sure, I'd tell the colts that I'd be interested in a trade after Sunday when they finish paying him his guaranteed money. After that, his compensation is reasonable ($5M plus incentives).

I don’t like the idea of bringing Brissett back. I think he’s limited in talent and mediocre at best. I’d rather see them give Stidham a chance to grow or draft another QB.

I would be thrilled if they got Brissett.
I wouldn't, but I'd comprehend it . We could do a lot worse. Let Brissett be the dude with Stidham backing him up. It's not a world beating QB tandem, but if the idea is to ease Stidham in, Brissett is a solid custodian.

I wouldn't, but I'd comprehend it . We could do a lot worse. Let Brissett be the dude with Stidham backing him up. It's not a world beating QB tandem, but if the idea is to ease Stidham in, Brissett is a solid custodian.

Agree. Stidham is a total unknown and remember his last season at Auburn before entering draft was atrocious with a bad Oline .

I like Brissett but I've read things suggesting the plan is for him to learn under Rivers and go back to starting in 2021.

I like Brissett but I've read things suggesting the plan is for him to learn under Rivers and go back to starting in 2021.
He'd have to re-sign. Brissett is a free agent next year.

Stidham will be the QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey