PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett: 14 TD - 3 Int through 5 games (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW I'm starting to hear rumblings from a few quarters that Brissett ought to be considered in the MVP discussion. Mostly knee jerk nonsense but it does go to show how far his stock has risen this year.

It's not a completely unreasonable take, but at this point with Mahomes out, the MVP race is Russell Wilson and everybody else. (Though it should be Jamie Collins or Stephon Gilmore but a defensive player ain't happening.)

The contract the colts signed him to is looking like a steal

Yeah the coaches probably knew in August that the kid was ready. Very good team friendly deal in retrospect.

Bill Parcells was right about Biscuit though it took a little time. He plays smart and doesn't turn the Foote over.

Parcells knows how to pick um.

Not against the Patriots.
Brissett and the Colts might be the team in the AFC that's best built to actually challenge us. They've got a good balanced offense and a young aggressive D. They're good on the line on both sides of the ball and their secondary is improving.

If we can't stabilize our OL situation, that pass rush is going to give us trouble. It gave Mahomes and Deshaun Watson fits, so unless our OL is on the ball (and knowing BB, it probably will be) they could challenge us.

Brissett and the Colts might be the team in the AFC that's best built to actually challenge us. They've got a good balanced offense and a young aggressive D. They're good on the line on both sides of the ball and their secondary is improving.

If we can't stabilize our OL situation, that pass rush is going to give us trouble. It gave Mahomes and Deshaun Watson fits, so unless our OL is on the ball (and knowing BB, it probably will be) they could challenge us.
Just cut to the chase and buy yourself one of these:

thumb.aspx.jpeg

It's not a completely unreasonable take, but at this point with Mahomes out, the MVP race is Russell Wilson and everybody else. (Though it should be Jamie Collins or Stephon Gilmore but a defensive player ain't happening.)

It would appear that way, but note that Vegas was bearish on the Seahawks even before today’s game. They had them at around 65-70% odds to make the playoffs, and it looks like the NFC West will be tough to win. I think Vegas sees them as a roughly average team who has been fortunate to win some close games but will regress back to their .500 level selves. So, this is almost irrelevant about Wilson, who is deserving of the MVP; in fact it is even more impressive that he’s carrying an overrated supporting cast. But if Seattle misses the postseason or goes something like 9-7, that will matter to voters a lot. Not saying it should, but historically it is very relevant. I just hope that flaming d-bag from Green Bay doesn’t win it, so I guess I’m rooting for Wilson.

one of the halftime guys for the Dallas game said Brisette is the best QB in the AFC right now

one of the halftime guys for the Dallas game said Brisette is the best QB in the AFC right now
eh he’s not being asked to do a lot - just a game manager

“One of the halftime guys?” Do you mean Rodney Harrison, the most awesome patriot ever?

If Harrison's right, I guess throwing mechanics can be tossed out the window. I have no doubt he's smart and a great leader, but Brissett still has that awkward short arm release.

Parcells knows how to pick um.

Wasn't into football when Parcells was super active/HC'ing. Obviously his name is tossed around here a lot, and often with respect - the man did well.

Was his ability to draft good players his strong suit? Just wondering from your post, and the Brissett story. Did he have a very good eye for who'd make it? Because I mean, I see it'd be easy to skip over Brissett - seems like you have to have a strong intuition to vouch for him, knowing he'll develop into who he is today.

And if so, is he better at that than Belichick? Legitimately wondering. BB has a crazy eye for UDFA's (which is such a weirdly specific thing) and making those work, so I'm not knocking his ability to see something in players that most might miss. Just wondering if Parcells was better at it?

Wasn't into football when Parcells was super active/HC'ing. Obviously his name is tossed around here a lot, and often with respect - the man did well.

Was his ability to draft good players his strong suit? Just wondering from your post, and the Brissett story. Did he have a very good eye for who'd make it? Because I mean, I see it'd be easy to skip over Brissett - seems like you have to have a strong intuition to vouch for him, knowing he'll develop into who he is today.

And if so, is he better at that than Belichick? Legitimately wondering. BB has a crazy eye for UDFA's (which is such a weirdly specific thing) and making those work, so I'm not knocking his ability to see something in players that most might miss. Just wondering if Parcells was better at it?
Belichick's first 2 rings were on teams coached by the Tuna.

He came here mostly to get out from under Parcells' shadow. Bill Parcells was a huge part of Belichick's football education. Dude knows what he's talking about when he talked about football.

Not cool. You're basically calling me a traitor here. Don't do that.
Lighten up. Your Jacoby fanboy worship is worth a well-earned tweak.

Dorsett seems like a good guy and teammate and is trying to do whatever he can to help here....but Indy definitely got the better of that trade by a long shot!!! Brisette has been amazing and seems like their QB for foreseeable future ....Dorsett is inconsistent at best...BB really gave away a lot for little in return for both Brisette and Jimmy G....worst trades of BB career!!!!.
I'm happy for brissett. And this was one of those rare trades that worked out for everyone.

We have Dorsett whom is showing to be a valuable piece and a trusted target for brady

Color me impressed with Jacoby. He is never going to light the world on fire but he seems to be increasingly comfortable out there and is starting to look like a legitimate NFL QB. I’m thrilled for him.
I’m Not Thrilled when he is IN OUR DIVISION!!! Great kid though!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes