PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Jones News Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely he’ll be going to jail before the season ends either by plea or conviction.

There’s no sense bringing him into camp risking he gets injured and you end up paying him his 2023 salary. He’ll be released.
he likely won’t go to trial before the season ends. If he goes at all.

most likely he will get the charges reduced, plead guilty or even better nolo, then get a hefty sentence with most or all suspended, probation, and lots of community service. Along with a stern talking to from the judge that this is his last chance to turn his life around, and a warning that if he ends up in trouble again that suspended sentence will be served in full.

And another thread going down the tubes because two guys won’t STFU and instead have to ruin it for everybody.

So we are looking forward to two thing a D-Hop signing and Jack Jones release. I feel the latter is closer.
Not all of us are looking forward to a Jack Jones release.

Thanks for three day old news.
When it broke the original thread had just been closed because of a..holes like you. Sorry to waste your time with a post of information with no comment from me. It was never posted on this site (on the original thread or any other) - so maybe it might add to any discussion. From my viewpoint it lends to Jack Jones being conscious of the issue of guns and that he is NOT a "thug" and that he should be given a benefit of doubt in that there was no malicious intent to violate any laws nor harm anyone - especially himself !

How long of a suspension do you think the league gives him??

I don't think they will release him at this point (unless something new comes out). If they were going to, they would have already - but I gladly admit it still lies in the realm of possibility.

Now, as others have mentioned, he may be suspended a few weeks but that is another matter. And certainly one must acknowledge that jailtime is a possibility (even though I don't think he will end up doing time).

IMHO, I don't think he would plea bargain jail time so that would take an actual trial which could easily take years.

Last edited:
cant possibly imagine what evidence there is that exonerates Jack Jones...even if he can prove the guns werent his/didnt mean to bring them in does that even count for anything?

Lets say they were a "friends guns" - why is he hanging around that crowd he's a professional athlete.

Why close the thread on Jack Jones? It's is the biggest topic in the Football news, never mind Patriots headline. They just said on the news he will be sentenced for 2 1/2 years min. He gone.

Because the children in the other thread turned in it into spot to talk about their feelings and gun laws.

I don’t know anything about this law but it seems rare that any pro athlete serves anything close to jail time reported on news.

Why hasn’t he been cut??
Why does this feel reminiscent of the hernandez situation.. obviously jj didn't commit what he did.. but the news coverage, the up to date news alerts.. just feels like that time frame again in 2013. On an actual roster note. Gonzo, Marcus and Jon Jones are our starting CBs now. We are still in good shape at CB

cant possibly imagine what evidence there is that exonerates Jack Jones...even if he can prove the guns werent his/didnt mean to bring them in does that even count for anything?

Lets say they were a "friends guns" - why is he hanging around that crowd he's a professional athlete.

I imagine there's probably a legal avenue that works out for him, and that's what he'll pay a very expensive lawyer to figure out for him. The question from the team's perspective is: How much does this indicate a continued lack of judgment? And can he be relied upon over the course of a season to not put himself in a position where he CAN'T defend an action? Better to find out before camp that you need another CB than to find out in December when you're trying to make a playoff push and he's a big part of your defense.

I don't know what will happen. Hopefully it's somehow all nothing and the kid gets his head on straight. But that's the reality as I see it right now.

Fill in the Blanc you can take the man out of the_________ but you can't take the __________ out of the man.

Why does this feel reminiscent of the hernandez situation.. obviously jj didn't commit what he did.. but the news coverage, the up to date news alerts.. just feels like that time frame again in 2013. On an actual roster note. Gonzo, Marcus and Jon Jones are our starting CBs now. We are still in good shape at CB

Yeah, assuming Gonzo works out (which I believe he will), they went from four deep at starting caliber CB (which would be better than most teams) to three deep (which is probably close to league average. It would suck because it was a potential position of strength, but it also shouldn't (barring more bad news) cripple their secondary, especially because of the depth at safety. That might take a small hit though as I'd assume Mills would move back to primarily a CB role if Jack were released/suspended.

Fill in the Blanc you can take the man out of the_________ but you can't take the __________ out of the man.
Blanc was a pretty good central back but I was never really a fan of the French soccer team.

From reading all the news coverage, I never would have guessed the guns were found in a glock box.

And $30k bail? For serious charges? Does that not seem low?

Last edited:
Hopefully they dont cut him, let the process play out.. he didnt commit a violent crime, so no sense in losing one of our best young defenders if we can avoid it

in terms of the PR, I just laugh at that... the Patriots have horrible PR all over the NFL Fanbase, right or wrong... so who gives a **** if the same trolls throw this, or deflategate or a million other BS things at us, its not going to move the needle at all in terms of public perception of this team

and you know another contender like KC or Baltimore would scoop him up in a second, and the media would just keep referring to him as "former patriot jack jones" while playing for the new team

no thanks, ill take whatever BS the media wants to throw at us and keep him on the roster.. we cant afford to lose good players, even if they're dumb ones like jack jones

for me, the PR around this would factor in precisely 0.0% in terms of whether he should be cut or not

Last edited:
I imagine there's probably a legal avenue that works out for him, and that's what he'll pay a very expensive lawyer to figure out for him. The question from the team's perspective is: How much does this indicate a continued lack of judgment? And can he be relied upon over the course of a season to not put himself in a position where he CAN'T defend an action? Better to find out before camp that you need another CB than to find out in December when you're trying to make a playoff push and he's a big part of your defense.

I don't know what will happen. Hopefully it's somehow all nothing and the kid gets his head on straight. But that's the reality as I see it right now.
The kid have so much talent I was dreaming of him and Gonzo locking up WR's giving QB's fits. :(

Confused Janelle Monae GIF by NETFLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back