PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Jones News Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why close the thread on Jack Jones? It's is the biggest topic in the Football news, never mind Patriots headline. They just said on the news he will be sentenced for 2 1/2 years min. He gone.

What is going though some of these young guy's minds? You get drafted in the NFL, are a starter on the team, yet feel the need to go to an airport carrying fire arms? Did he really think security wasn't going to notice them in the scanning area?

This guy's career is over.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

What is going though some of these young guy's minds? You get drafted in the NFL, are a starter on the team, yet feel the need to go to an airport carrying fire arms? Did he really think security wasn't going to notice them in the scanning area?

This guy's career is over.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
If the NFL and or Kraft doesn’t go to bat for him I agree.

Why close the thread on Jack Jones? It's is the biggest topic in the Football news, never mind Patriots headline. They just said on the news he will be sentenced for 2 1/2 years min. He gone.

They're incorrect. Mainly because the Mass Magazine law, which was implemented after the Bruen decision, will be found to be Unconstitutional because of Heller and Bruen. 15-17 round magazines have been in common use for 45 years. Not to mention that the punishment does not fit the crime as it's the ONLY law of the ones charged that requires a minimum sentence.
He'll end up paying a fine and probably probation.

Glad to see that the young Patriot players are bringing back the off-season tradition of bad news for the franchise.

Initial charges d
They're incorrect. Mainly because the Mass Magazine law, which was implemented after the Bruen decision, will be found to be Unconstitutional because of Heller and Bruen. 15-17 round magazines have been in common use for 45 years. Not to mention that the punishment does not fit the crime as it's the ONLY law of the ones charged that requires a minimum sentence.

Many legal opinions agree that he will be able to reconcile his issues with Mass, pay a fine/probation and move on. One wild card will be how much his previous record will be considered. If there are any stipulations about staying out of trouble, there is a good chance that he will go to jail.

Just to get it out of the way:

1. Jack Jones’ arrest had nothing to do with racism, so there’s no reason to argue about racism in this thread!

2. If you feel Jack should be allowed to carry a loaded gun in an airport - how you feel about these laws does not need to be shared!

3. If you feel Jack was right to be arrested and he’s a bad person for owning firearms, again - how you feel about that does not need to be shared!

Hopefully that covers things. If people go off the rails for the third time on the above points I honestly will just ban you from the thread this time. If you get a hard time from someone else please just use the “Report” function, you don’t need to start a fight. Nobody wants to read that and the tools to mute you aren’t ready for prime time yet.

An awful lot of lawyers seem to be disagreeing with you. Also, I don't believe that the magazine law is the only one with mandatory jail time. It sounds as though the guns were unregistered. That seems to be 18 months minimum. Apparently, it's up to the prosecutor, they have some discretion in charging that could avoid that, but I'm not sure he's really in a position to be getting that can favorable outcome.

Initial charges d

Many legal opinions agree that he will be able to reconcile his issues with Mass, pay a fine/probation and move on. One wild card will be how much his previous record will be considered. If there are any stipulations about staying out of trouble, there is a good chance that he will go to jail.
It's been 5 years since his issue in CA. He was given 45 days house arrest as part of his plea bargain. It's unlikely there is anything remaining on it.

An awful lot of lawyers seem to be disagreeing with you. Also, I don't believe that the magazine law is the only one with mandatory jail time. It sounds as though the guns were unregistered. That seems to be 18 months minimum. Apparently, it's up to the prosecutor, they have some discretion in charging that could avoid that, but I'm not sure he's really in a position to be getting that can favorable outcome.

If he purchased them in MA via private sale, it's not his responsibility to register the sale. It's the seller's. That's right on the MA Gun Transfer Website.

If he purchased them through an FFL, it's the same and the FFL is at fault for not checking for the moronic Mass License, which in my opinion is a violation of the 24th Amendment and numerous different Court Cases. f

If they were purchased illegally, that's a different story. I said that before.
If he brought them with him from wherever he came from and TSA fubared things, well, who knows.

Now, I am guilty of repeating what the Newspapers claimed in regard to the Mandatory jail time for the mags. Reading the Mass Law, however, it doesn't say that the jail time is mandatory

1687253355963.png

An awful lot of tv lawyers who get paid to say interesting **** on tv disagree with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes