PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J.J. Taylor - Anyone else impressed by him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Small workload on Sunday but I liked the way he ran the ball and he did a good job not going down on initial contact. He was pretty good in college at Arizona, totaling 3,263 rushing yards on 587 carries along with 18 touchdowns. He also caught 62 passes for 487-yards and 5-touchdowns.

I feel like if he can build off that and continue to play well, we've got a pretty deep group that should give us a pretty solid ground game this season.

Definitely want to see more. He just about disappears behind the OL finds a hole and goes.

Big time. Agree with those who compare him to Lewis. He runs much harder than someone my height should be able to.

yes, I was impressed, he made yards every time he touched the ball. Should be useful when we go to a 2 back set with White....multiple RPOs...

Definitely adds a change of pace to our backfield. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Harris comes back. Michel, Burkhead, White, Harris, Taylor, do you keep all 5.

Honestly, I don't want to lose Taylor, but everyone ran well Sunday, I'm a big Burkhead fan as well.

He was impressive...and when Harris is back we should have a real interesting RB group...
Molto bene... :thumbsup:

Definitely adds a change of pace to our backfield. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Harris comes back. Michel, Burkhead, White, Harris, Taylor, do you keep all 5.

Honestly, I don't want to lose Taylor, but everyone ran well Sunday, I'm a big Burkhead fan as well.
I'd like to see if he can run routes and catch the ball out of the backfield. If so, then I think White has got some serious competition.

I'd like to see if he can run routes and catch the ball out of the backfield. If so, then I think White has got some serious competition.

I’m sure he has a long way to go to match White’s receiving ability, but he looks like he runs between the tackles better. I was surprised by how much power he showed.

Looked like a little more of a spark than what Michel gives us. It’s a damn shame we didn’t get the same player from Georgia.

I honestly thought he looked the best of the rbs Sunday. How much of that had to do with better blocking and what not i have no idea but he def ran hard and well.

JJ, Harris, Burk, Sony, Cam... lotsa different options. To me, it all comes down to an improved OL. OL cool, running cool.

Reactions: Ian
yes VERY impressed by JJ....remembered seeing him in college where he was incredibly dynamic and was a dual threat.....he looked great in his time in there last week and I think he will gradually contribute a lot to our offense....very excited to watch him play!

Small workload on Sunday but I liked the way he ran the ball and he did a good job not going down on initial contact. He was pretty good in college at Arizona, totaling 3,263 rushing yards on 587 carries along with 18 touchdowns. He also caught 62 passes for 487-yards and 5-touchdowns.

I feel like if he can build off that and continue to play well, we've got a pretty deep group that should give us a pretty solid ground game this season.

Reactions: Ian
Taylor touched the ball 5 times out of a total of 9 offensive snaps resulting in 6.4 yards per touch, 2 first downs and he caught his pass via Cam.

Id like to see Taylor get more snaps and to see him receive the ball in space like in a bubble screen. Darren Sproles was about the same stature as JJT.

He looked powerful during his runs , the Miami DL probably did not see him run past :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes