J.J. Taylor - Anyone else impressed by him?

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Raiders
Pick Results: LAS: 1.3% at NE: 98.8%
Sun
Sep 27th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Small workload on Sunday but I liked the way he ran the ball and he did a good job not going down on initial contact. He was pretty good in college at Arizona, totaling 3,263 rushing yards on 587 carries along with 18 touchdowns. He also caught 62 passes for 487-yards and 5-touchdowns.

I feel like if he can build off that and continue to play well, we've got a pretty deep group that should give us a pretty solid ground game this season.

scott99

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Definitely adds a change of pace to our backfield. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Harris comes back. Michel, Burkhead, White, Harris, Taylor, do you keep all 5.

Honestly, I don't want to lose Taylor, but everyone ran well Sunday, I'm a big Burkhead fan as well.

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Definitely adds a change of pace to our backfield. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Harris comes back. Michel, Burkhead, White, Harris, Taylor, do you keep all 5.

Honestly, I don't want to lose Taylor, but everyone ran well Sunday, I'm a big Burkhead fan as well.
I'd like to see if he can run routes and catch the ball out of the backfield. If so, then I think White has got some serious competition.

PATSYLICIOUS

Pro Bowl Player
I honestly thought he looked the best of the rbs Sunday. How much of that had to do with better blocking and what not i have no idea but he def ran hard and well.

farn

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
JJ, Harris, Burk, Sony, Cam... lotsa different options. To me, it all comes down to an improved OL. OL cool, running cool.

Reactions: Ian

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
yes VERY impressed by JJ....remembered seeing him in college where he was incredibly dynamic and was a dual threat.....he looked great in his time in there last week and I think he will gradually contribute a lot to our offense....very excited to watch him play!

Small workload on Sunday but I liked the way he ran the ball and he did a good job not going down on initial contact. He was pretty good in college at Arizona, totaling 3,263 rushing yards on 587 carries along with 18 touchdowns. He also caught 62 passes for 487-yards and 5-touchdowns.

I feel like if he can build off that and continue to play well, we've got a pretty deep group that should give us a pretty solid ground game this season.

Reactions: Ian

Triumph

Pro Bowl Player
Taylor touched the ball 5 times out of a total of 9 offensive snaps resulting in 6.4 yards per touch, 2 first downs and he caught his pass via Cam.

Id like to see Taylor get more snaps and to see him receive the ball in space like in a bubble screen. Darren Sproles was about the same stature as JJT.