PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've always believed in Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=Bruschi54=-

Rookie
Reaction score
Way before we have been captivated by the unbelievable chemistry Moss has had with our Patriots, I've always followed him thoughout his tenure with the Vikings and the Raiders. Not a moment of doubt had ever crossed my mind when NE decided to sign him up, unlike others in the league including sports analysts as well as our own fans.

Here's proof! A post I made way back 5/1/2007 on a BMW forum where I'm also a member. Check out posts number #1, #12 and #18, my screen name there is Midnight Shark.

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/new-england/177928-unbelievable.html

Go Pats!!! :rocker:

Last edited:
You want a cookie...

A lot of us "believed" (ie, not getting fooled by the media) in Moss. (such as me).

So if I understand this correctly, Moss DOESN'T buddy with the media much in the NE area? Does he even have a radio show there?

No. I and hope he doesn't ever talk to the media again. Nothing good can come from it.

I'm a Vikings fan, but also a very big Randy Moss supporter and even I was starting to have doubts at the end of the 2006 season. Nothing like he was over the hill, but I questioned whether his hamstring would ever heal, and if maybe he was not gonna ever be healthy again and thus no longer be an elite WR.

So my point is you guys should NEVER feel guilty about doubting what Moss could bring, Everybody was drinking the "Moss is done" kool-aid, and it doesnt make you some worse type of fan, or anything like that. Of course, those who never believed the negative Moss stuff deserve credit, but you definetely cant blame fans, especially fans of a team(Pats) thats on the other side of the country, for going with what they heard and read about Moss and therefore not being overly optimistic.

Of course, we all now know that Randy Moss is still "The Freak", and was simply on a 2 year hiatus:D

He has exceeded my expectations.

Way before we have been captivated by the unbelievable chemistry Moss has had with our Patriots, I've always followed him thoughout his tenure with the Vikings and the Raiders. Not a moment of doubt had ever crossed my mind when NE decided to sign him up, unlike others in the league including sports analysts as well as our own fans.

Here's proof! A post I made way back 5/1/2007 on a BMW forum where I'm also a member. Check out posts number #1, #12 and #18, my screen name there is Midnight Shark.

BostonCookiesLg.jpg

Only glimpse of Randy you'll get is on a weekly basis at

www.therealrandymoss.com

That's it.. He has practically zero media interaction

Yeah, he's always been very distant towards the media, even in his rookie season I remember he would only be heard from every 3-4 weeks, he talked to Madden after torching Dallas, and he talked after torching Green Bay, but for the most part Chris Carter was his spokesman, lol.

Its funny how the personality he's compared to the most, TO, could not be further from his own personality. Owens LOVES the media and the attention, he lives for those weekly Wednesday interviews with the Dallas media in front of his locker.

He has exceeded my expectations.

Now that is the understatement of the week. :D

I was one of those fans who thought you could win superbowls with guys like Patten and Brown, Givens and Branch...and we did. I thought WR was one of those position that you DON'T spend the big bucks for because its one of the few places where you can always find decent to good players.

While our WR corps last year was made up of a bunch of shoemakers, Brady DID throw for more than 4000 yds and was a minute from another Superbowl. That being said, I was among those who rolled their eyes when Moss said he ws going to "put on a show". I was happy he was here and felt he'd be the kind of guy who could be a difference maker in the red zone.

Yeah, he's exceded my expectations too, and I would wager 95% of the rest of Patriots nation. AND its to be understood, because NONE of us has ever seen this kind of talent at the WR positon up close, game in and game out for the 47 year history of the Patriots.

BTW- I wonder why some wise ass reporter hasn't gone up to Art Shell and asked him about the comments he made prior to the season about Randy Moss, or perhaps the B&B OC. Now that is an article I take the time to read. :D

I'll take 3 cookies!!! LOL!!

Quote from Post#12

"Also the RED SOX are RED HOT! Looks like both clubs are gonna whoop ass again. Just like 2004."

:rocker:

You had more faith than I, -=B54=-. But I've seen the light!

I thought Moss was an absolute steal under the terms (4th round pick, salary reduction)...But to hear ppl like John Dennis (weei morning radio) talk about it, he sounded like they had just signed Satan for a 10 year/200 mil contract that they could never get out of and that would ruin the franchise.

ssshhhhhhssss i have a Moss vikings jersey....

I'll admit it, I was opposed to the Patriots signing Moss. I believed the press and recalling our past problems with Fryar and Glenn, did not want TO Lite on the team because I thought that he would ruin a good thing. Nice to be wrong and glad to admit it.

I was against the Moss signing also. I thought Gaffney was doing good and Stallworth and Welker would make the difference. Well, I was wrong, but I still go by "In Bill We Trust" and now we know why he is a coach and I'm not.

I was most impressed with Randy after the Cowboy game at the postgame press conference, dressed in his sweater and tie with his hair slicked back, talking professionally.

I am a believer, he is unbelievable.

I was always for signing him. He is taller, faster and has better hands than 99% of the corner backs out there.

He always was a prodigal who is board easily. He needs to be in a situation where a lot is expected, so he has a high goal to aim for. When he is idle he gets in trouble.

I'm so happy he is here. Brady finally has a target outhere. Something he deserves for everything he has done for the franchise.

I wanted Moss and I want Chad Johnson.

I don't pre-judge talented people based on previous immature behavior. Belichick can always cut somebody who doesn't work out. Except for somebody like TO who is clearly crazy.

The truth is that up to 50% of the talent on this team during our various superbowl runs has been imported from around the league and a few of those guys had "incidents" in their past, or a "reputation".

And then there was Ty Law, and his "cousin".

I don't pre-judge talented people based on previous immature behavior. Belichick can always cut somebody who doesn't work out. Except for somebody like TO who is clearly crazy.

:wha:

I assume you mean:

I don't pre-judge talented people based on previous immature behavior, except for somebody like TO who is clearly crazy. . . . Belichick can always cut somebody who doesn't work out.

rather than:

I don't pre-judge talented people based on previous immature behavior. . . . Belichick can always cut somebody who doesn't work out, except for somebody like TO who is clearly crazy.

I'm a Vikings fan, but also a very big Randy Moss supporter and even I was starting to have doubts at the end of the 2006 season. Nothing like he was over the hill, but I questioned whether his hamstring would ever heal, and if maybe he was not gonna ever be healthy again and thus no longer be an elite WR.

I'm also originally from MN and has always been a Moss fan...even when he went to Oakland :mad:

It's pretty funny that if you ever asked any Vikes fan bout Moss...I bet over 90 percent of them will praised his talent and give props to what he had done for the Vikings during his tenure there...we have always known he is special since we have seen him play every sunday week in and week out...

Great move by the New England front office this off season... :D

PS - This feeling is the same for KG...hope he finally wins the championship with your Celtics...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe