PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Its Official: Miami-Jets game flexed to 4:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.......folks here are acting a little silly. The league would want the Pats in the playoffs for exactly that reason.

Huh, he said the league wants Miami in the playoffs. We can't both get in.

Stop w/the conspiracy nonsense.

As for the Jets getting deflated midgame, disagree. They will have it in their heads to start the game that the game means something. These guys will NOT suddenly have a mind shift--their minds don't work that quickly regarding external stimulii.

External stimuli?

Like the fact their season is over? Yeah, I'm sure they'll just ignore that. :rolleyes:

Exactly.......folks here are acting a little silly. The league would want the Pats in the playoffs for exactly that reason.

Agreed here.

The league would love to have the fish hosting the pats in the first round instead of boring Baltimore coming to miami. Who wants to see Flacco throwing for 100 yards when Cassel might be able to throw for 400? Not that I want that to happen, but its more realistic to see Cassel do it then Flacco.

The mighty patriots taking on the up and coming Dolphins in a battle of AFC east hated rivals. That being said it would also be awesome for both of us not seeing the hated Jets in the playoffs. Thats something I know all of us can agree on!

I'd be more concerned about being a ravens fan and the NFL refs throwing that game for the Jags.

Huh, he said the league wants Miami in the playoffs. We can't both get in.

Yes you can if Miami wins they take #3
If pats win and ravens lose you take the #6 seed.

That must be why the league took away a 1st round pick from the team instead of taking a lower pick or just handing out a fine. It's all about how much the league wants the Patriots in the playoffs.

Although I admit I often disagree with you ;), I think you have it completely right. I was encouraged that in the "Did a coin toss decide our season" thread many people attacked that idea as whining, then I come to this thread and am disappointed.

The fact is, TV needed good games at 8PM and 4PM, something had to happen and this move makes a lot of sense fro TV's perspective. Had Ravens-Jags not been moved also the complaints would have more validity, but that's not the case.

Who gives a crap about TV?

If I'm a real fan, I want true competition. Otherwise I'd watch pro wrestling, or baseball with the $250 million Yankees taking on the $20 million Royals.

This is what's great about the NFL.

Disagree. The players' brains don't process external information that quickly. If they go into the game with incentive, that will carry them through.

I can't believe you're serious about this. When the Jets are in at halftime and have 15 minutes to breathe, it will take a LOT out of them to learn the Ravens are up 21-3.

Just a quick question about the games being broadcasted:

I'm in NJ this weekend, so I know I will be seeing the jets game, but will the Pats be on in that area at 1? Does CBS have a double header?

Agreed here.

The league would love to have the fish hosting the pats in the first round instead of boring Baltimore coming to miami. Who wants to see Flacco throwing for 100 yards when Cassel might be able to throw for 400? Not that I want that to happen, but its more realistic to see Cassel do it then Flacco.

The mighty patriots taking on the up and coming Dolphins in a battle of AFC east hated rivals. That being said it would also be awesome for both of us not seeing the hated Jets in the playoffs. Thats something I know all of us can agree on!

I'd be more concerned about being a ravens fan and the NFL refs throwing that game for the Jags.

Except it's not a question of us or the Ravens. The Ravens win and get in no matter what happens on Sunday.

It's a question of us or the Dolphins. That's the only thing the NFL had a decision on. They threw the Dolphins a bone on this one.

That much is undeniable. And none of the people on this thread can deny that. The move to 4 pm absolutely benefits the Dolphins.

What does this mean? They won't be disappointed at missing the playoffs?

You think a team that doesn't care about missing the playoffs will care about beating the Phins instead?

i mean the difference between a jet let down and a jets playing well isnt much .they are sucky right now.they are capable of losing anyway on sunday even if they want to win and try and play hard

I can't believe you're serious about this. When the Jets are in at halftime and have 15 minutes to breathe, it will take a LOT out of them to learn the Ravens are up 21-3.

I guess it takes Jets players longer than usual to respond to external stimuli.

Yes you can if Miami wins they take #3
If pats win and ravens lose you take the #6 seed.

What I'm saying is that the league moving the game does not help the Patriots get in. It helps the Phins get in. I was responding to the post about the league favoring certain stories over others (i.e. the league would rather the Patriots get in over the Ravens, etc.)

Except it's not a question of us or the Ravens. The Ravens win and get in no matter what happens on Sunday.

It's a question of us or the Dolphins. That's the only thing the NFL had a decision on. They threw the Dolphins a bone on this one.

That much is undeniable. And none of the people on this thread can deny that. The move to 4 pm absolutely benefits the Dolphins.

Don't take this the wrong way but I probably would speak for most of the leagues fans and say I can't feel sorry for you, not after your 3 superbowls and an 18-1 season last year vs. our 1-15 season.

Last edited:
i mean the difference between a jet let down and a jets playing well isnt much .they are sucky right now.they are capable of losing anyway on sunday even if they want to win and try and play hard

Look at the Cardinals yesterday. You think they lose by that much of they weren't trying a little harder? This is the NFL. Motivation and effort are huge because the teams are so close. The difference between our loss at home to the Phins and our win against the Phins can be explained easily as: motivation.

No other difference.

I guess it takes Jets players longer than usual to respond to external stimuli.

LOL, you got me there. Well then I vote for the Jets stupidity! :singing:

Don't take this the wrong way but I probably would speak for most of the leagues fans and say I can't feel sorry for you, not after your 3 superbowls and an 18-1 season last year vs. our 1-15 season.

Uh, yes, I know, I don't blame you. All I'm saying is that the league could have done the right thing and maintained a competitive balance. I'm not asking Phins fans to apologize for Goodell's decisions. That would be absurd. You guys have had a great season, and things are looking good for you. If you keep things close in the first half, the chances are that things will completely unravel for the Jets in the second half.

personally i would have prefered that Jets and Dolphins playing at 1 pm like us

mah...

I agree that it sucks for the competitive balance and all the games should remain at the same time for competitive balance or have the patriots game the latest but I think it is more of the fans who care about the patriots making the playoffs rather than the jets players. animosity is usually from fan to fan rather than player to player. granted mangini and belichick hate each other but Mangini's job could very well be on the line. Just my thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes