PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

its going to be a long summer

Probably 80% of ball players have a beer or two after a game, He might have grabbed a beer for a team mate, who knows, Hags is being a royal douche here, ironic since his nose is usually up the nearest Bruins players ahole.
Im not a Lackey fan and hated the signing but he went out last year and took the ball every 5 days with a shredded elbow ligament, now he's taking crap for travelling with the team when two years ago everyone was getting on Ellsbury for NOT travelling with the team.
I get it, the team sucks this year but these soap opera stories constructed by the media are way over the top. The players drinking beer after the game is NOT why this team sucks, they all did the same thing in 04 and 07. The Boston media sucks.

I was thinking the team plays better on the road than at home ... they can also drink in the clubhouse on the road. Of course the media did not make that connection.

Oh ... and Youk is hitting .238 ... he had a nice run but father time has caught up to him. He wasn't the cause of the Red Sox woes nor was he the solution ... the media keeps missing.

Lester has head problems and Beckett has some serious medical problems in that arm or shoulder ... that is why we are where we are and nothing more.

Probably 80% of ball players have a beer or two after a game, He might have grabbed a beer for a team mate, who knows, Hags is being a royal douche here, ironic since his nose is usually up the nearest Bruins players ahole.
Im not a Lackey fan and hated the signing but he went out last year and took the ball every 5 days with a shredded elbow ligament, now he's taking crap for travelling with the team when two years ago everyone was getting on Ellsbury for NOT travelling with the team.
I get it, the team sucks this year but these soap opera stories constructed by the media are way over the top. The players drinking beer after the game is NOT why this team sucks, they all did the same thing in 04 and 07. The Boston media sucks.

The '04 team did shots for cryin' out loud. Winning is the difference.

Let me clarify my point a little more succinctly. Someone in the front office should have the foresight to say "you guys are at best a .500 squad. The media is going to crawl up your backside about every little thing you do. Be smart about your behavior in the clubhouse. Give them nothing to b!tch about other than the play on the field. Make sure off the field is not the story."

Last edited:
The local mediots have zero balls. The national guys have to break the stories because the local guys are too busy kissing ass, afraid to lose access.

What's good? Media coverage sucks, the team sucks, ownership sucks. Meh. Gimme football.

I think this is a player (shoppach) shooting his mouth off on his way out of town. He probably went to a national writer rather than a local one because the local one would have probably got to the bottom of everything before writing it.
Apparently Pedey is saying he didnt rip Valentine, not sure how much to believe of this story, Shoppach and Valentine butted heads and Valentine wanted him gone for awhile.
These round table meetings with players, owners and managers happen a couple times a year with this club since 03, they always have one before the trading deadline to air grievances (sort of like Festivus) and hear from everyone to see what they need/should do before the trading deadline. I'll wait til all the facts come out before passing judgement on anyone in this saga.

I think this is a player (shoppach) shooting his mouth off on his way out of town. He probably went to a national writer rather than a local one because the local one would have probably got to the bottom of everything before writing it.
Apparently Pedey is saying he didnt rip Valentine, not sure how much to believe of this story, Shoppach and Valentine butted heads and Valentine wanted him gone for awhile.
These round table meetings with players, owners and managers happen a couple times a year with this club since 03, they always have one before the trading deadline to air grievances (sort of like Festivus) and hear from everyone to see what they need/should do before the trading deadline. I'll wait til all the facts come out before passing judgement on anyone in this saga.

You're a better person than me. With a 57-60 record on August 15th. I have already passed my judgement.

Why and how did
Saltalamacchia survive the trade season???

He is #2 behind John Lackey in players I cannot stand ... what a waste of money.

Why and how did
Saltalamacchia survive the trade season???

He is #2 behind John Lackey in players I cannot stand ... what a waste of money.
its really hard to find one that i like. i don't even like ortiz anymore. im so sick of his non stop crying about his contract and his boston bashing and crying about the media. the boston media kisses his ass non stop. im still waiting for that press conference where he was going to explain why he showed up on that steroid list. ortiz should have played in boston in the late eighties and the nineties. thats when the local media was brutal. hes nothing but a diva now. he thinks everybody owes him something. i cant wait to see him gone with beckett and lackey. even dustin pedroia is getting on my nerves.

its really hard to find one that i like. i don't even like ortiz anymore. im so sick of his non stop crying about his contract and his boston bashing and crying about the media. the boston media kisses his ass non stop. im still waiting for that press conference where he was going to explain why he showed up on that steroid list. ortiz should have played in boston in the late eighties and the nineties. thats when the local media was brutal. hes nothing but a diva now. he thinks everybody owes him something. i cant wait to see him gone with beckett and lackey. even dustin pedroia is getting on my nerves.
The entire team is getting on my nerves. They could be the end of two managers in short succession. They've become a bunch of self entitled Prima Donnas.

Middlebrooks. He is untainted by the mess currently at hand.

in the meantime:
best_animated_gif_nuclear_explosion.gif

Blow it up. Lucchino on down.

The entire team is getting on my nerves. Tre hey could be the end of two managers in short succession. They've become a bunch of self entitled Prima Donnas.

they have a huge problem now, do they hire another Tito type or someone with a heavy hand, theres not many candidates out there that can clean up this mess. Its shame since there is some talent here.

"The brand ... a significant component of it is on-field success. We've taken a few hits, but there are still passionate Red Sox fans everywhere. I ran into one walking out of Coors Field last night. A woman who worked for the Rockies, lived in Worcester came up and hugged me and said, 'I still love my Red Sox.' I said, 'You're wearing a Rockies shirt.' She said, 'I work for the Rockies, I'm from Worcester. I still love my Red Sox.' We have to be sure we remember the cynical, jaded media does not ... necessarily capture the voice of the fanbase."--Larry Lucchino

Larry, my boy, let me tell you...I am not a media member. I'm the silent majority, albeit an "idiot with a blog". I'm not the guy that calls WEEI or 98.5. I am the guy who first went to a game with his parents in 1972. I'm the guy who cried as as thirteen year old when you lost in 1978. I'm the guy hanging (literally) from the rafters in 1986 when Oil Can Boyd took the mound to win the first AL East championship in what seemed like forever. I'm the guy who walked on Bourbon st., joining in the Yankees suck chant, thinking even though the Patriots were in the Super Bowl, it was still about the Red Sox. I'm the guy who spoke, long distance, with his Mom in 2004, silently sharing every other pitch. I'm the guy who shed a tear with his Mom when you finally defeated the Yankees. I'm the guy who hugged his co-workers when you defeated St. Louis. But I am not that guy anymore.

Now I am the guy who can't believe you blame the media for how I feel. I am the guy who boos Beckett and his 5+ ERA. I am the guy fed up with David Ortiz and his whining about his pay, knowing he's the highest paid DH in baseball. I am the guy who can't fathom the fact that you think you can tell me "all is well" and I'll take it on face value. I am the guy who can't believe you are below .500 on the 17th of August, and yet you have to tell me your resume every time you address the media. I am the guy sick and tired of you selling image like a slick politician. I am the guy who says that a fish rots from the head. I am the guy who says you sir, must go.

Just so you know, I am also the the guy who thanks God Almighty that you didn't buy the Patriots back in the day.

Larry, my boy, let me tell you...I am not a media member. I'm the silent majority, albeit an "idiot with a blog". I'm not the guy that calls WEEI or 98.5. I am the guy who first went to a game with his parents in 1972. I'm the guy who cried as as thirteen year old when you lost in 1978. I'm the guy hanging (literally) from the rafters in 1986 when Oil Can Boyd took the mound to win the first AL East championship in what seemed like forever. I'm the guy who walked on Bourbon st., joining in the Yankees suck chant, thinking even though the Patriots were in the Super Bowl, it was still about the Red Sox. I'm the guy who spoke, long distance, with his Mom in 2004, silently sharing every other pitch. I'm the guy who shed a tear with his Mom when you finally defeated the Yankees. I'm the guy who hugged his co-workers when you defeated St. Louis. But I am not that guy anymore.

Now I am the guy who can't believe you blame the media for how I feel. I am the guy who boos Beckett and his 5+ ERA. I am the guy fed up with David Ortiz and his whining about his pay, knowing he's the highest paid DH in baseball. I am the guy who can't fathom the fact that you think you can tell me "all is well" and I'll take it on face value. I am the guy who can't believe you are below .500 on the 17th of August, and yet you have to tell me your resume every time you address the media. I am the guy sick and tired of you selling image like a slick politician. I am the guy who says that a fish rots from the head. I am the guy who says you sir, must go.

Just so you know, I am also the the guy who thanks God Almighty that you didn't buy the Patriots back in the day.
amen to that

Ben the Boob better do a lot this offseason. His little mini deals have been absolute ****, he's done nothing of substance to address the issues with this team. This crap should have been addressed last offseason. LL probably won't let him do anything and will blame this crap season on injuries and god knows what else.

Once it hits them in the wallet they'll wake up, Im not sure if Lucky believes this crap or hes spinning. LL may have worn out his useful welcome, should be intersting to see what moves they make in the off season.

Keyser: IMO, Ben Cherington does not run this team. He's a puppet for the Lucchino/Werner/Henry triumvirate. I believe he does what he's told, and doesn't have autonomy. In Henry's words, Lucchino runs the Red Sox.

cmasspatsfan: I honestly believe Larry thinks if he could eliminate the media, and control every story written, then he could turn us all into mindless, pompom waving pink hats who lap up everything the team says and does. I believe he's missed the mark with the fan base. He's used to how things are in San Diego, where fans are not as passionate. I also believe that this ownership is not necessarily interested in winning championships. They are not driven by it like you see with the Yankees or the Patriots. (that hurt to write) I honestly believe that the problem is Lucchino, and ownership's interest in controlling image instead of winning. As much as I'd like to see it, I really don't think that he's going anywhere. I think that Henry is clueless, too busy courting soccer and race teams. Lucchino is the Red Sox, both good and bad. He has built the brand to be something bigger than just a baseball team. He's turned Fenway in Disneyworld, right or wrong. People plan to go to the Sox games as a pilgrimage to Fenway, much like Wrigley. That makes me think that the Boston Red Sox are closer to being the Chicago Cubs than the NY Yankees.

IMO, it's a very gloomy future. I think it's going to get worse on the field.

Middlebrooks. He is untainted by the mess currently at hand.

in the meantime:
best_animated_gif_nuclear_explosion.gif

Blow it up. Lucchino on down.

Couldn't agree more, sell sell sell. At this point I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that there will be no postseason push and this season is effectively over. Blow it up.

12 days left to trade Salty ... please make it happen.
We finally have some brains behind the plate ... get a vet backup and we're good.

Team era was almost a run higher per game when Salty was in vs Shoppach.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back