PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

its going to be a long summer

I am glad they had some sanity and did not trade Beckett. Not that I like him but even if he's or #4 - or #5 on the team it's better than what is out there. Sure he is overpaid but why get rid of him, pay his salary and replace him with a lesser pitcher and lose prospects - makes no sense to me.
you get rid of him to dump his salary so you have some payroll flexibility this off season. that's money you can spend on somebody else. you don't need to get back anything. just get a team to take on his contract. and you remove his negative influence from the club house. the sox wouldn't have to give up prospects to dump him either. beckett is easy to replace. hes always hurt like he did again tonight and the last three or four years hes had and era closer to 5 than 4. addition by subtraction. beckett isn't the josh beckett of 07 anymore and hasn't been for a long time. dont be fooled by the big name. the fact that beckett is still on this team tells me the redsox don't get it and are in need of a intervention. if they had a chance to dump him and didn't they are idiots. my guess is they tried and nobody wanted him.

Last edited:
you get rid of him to dump his salary so you have some payroll flexibility this off season. that's money you can spend on somebody else. you don't need to get back anything. just get a team to take on his contract. and you remove his negative influence from the club house. the sox wouldn't have to give up prospects to dump him either. beckett is easy to replace. hes always hurt like he did again tonight and the last three or four years hes had and era closer to 5 than 4. addition by subtraction. beckett isn't the josh beckett of 07 anymore and hasn't been for a long time. dont be fooled by the big name. the fact that beckett is still on this team tells me the redsox don't get it and are in need of a intervention. if they had a chance to dump him and didn't they are idiots. my guess is they tried and nobody wanted him.

Time for the Manny Ramirez Memorial See-No-One-Wants-You waiver move.

I still think it would have been nice to be sellers ... hope I am wrong and they heat up.

All in all ... not much we could do and I'd rather stick with this group than to see prospects traded.:cool:

I would have been ex-freaking-static with a front office admission of "this is broken". I would have welcomed a fire sale, save for Pedroia and Lester. The folks on Yawkey Way have completely Effed up this team, and IMO there is no easy fix. They have to take their medication and get rid of these guys, specifically Beckett and Lackey. (I know Lackey's hurt, so don't mount me on that)

I really don't see what you're hoping for. They are 2 games over .500, in 4th place in the division, and 6th in the wild card. A group of entitled, underachieving whiners. Launch the lot of 'em.

Last edited:
Time for the Manny Ramirez Memorial See-No-One-Wants-You waiver move.
yes its time. i think there is a chance they might do it . but now hes hurt again:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: so that makes it less likely that someone would pick him up. we will see how serious he is hurt.

Last edited:
Well we just lost 3 in a row to the Twins of all teams ...
If we lose tomorrow Bobby V won't see Monday or tuesday as manager.

Not blaming him ... but somethings got to change and quickly.

Well we just lost 3 in a row to the Twins of all teams ...
If we lose tomorrow Bobby V won't see Monday or tuesday as manager.

Not blaming him ... but somethings got to change and quickly.

Not gonna happen. Nero fiddles while Rome burns. Lucchino will send out another all is well letter.

I see the reports on CSNE, and will listen to them in the car, but I haven't watched a game for some time. I can't get behind this group, and I really think Yawkey Way thinks they can keep telling us how great everything is. More plaques, more bricks, more Fenway experiences to sell.

I am done with this team, they have ceased to be relevant to me. Can't wait for Thursday.

Not gonna happen. Nero fiddles while Rome burns. Lucchino will send out another all is well letter.

I see the reports on CSNE, and will listen to them in the car, but I haven't watched a game for some time. I can't get behind this group, and I really think Yawkey Way thinks they can keep telling us how great everything is. More plaques, more bricks, more Fenway experiences to sell.

I am done with this team, they have ceased to be relevant to me. Can't wait for Thursday.
i want them to lose at this point. its the only hope that ownership might get that there needs to be major changes. but they wont. i never thought i would be embarrassed to be a sox fan again. i thought those days were over for good. i didn't think they would win a ws every year . but i didn't think they would become a dysfunctional joke of a franchise again. ownership cares more about its soccer and racing team then it does about the baseball team. in there mind there work is done since 04 and 07. that's what makes the yankees so great. the hunger to win rings is always there year after year[pukes]

Last edited:
i want them to lose at this point. its the only hope that ownership might get that there needs to be major changes. but they wont. i never thought i would be embarrassed to be a sox fan again. i thought those days were over for good. i didn't think they would win a ws every year . but i didn't think they would become a dysfunctional joke of a franchise again. ownership cares more about its soccer and racing team then it does about the baseball team. in there mind there work is done since 04 and 07. that's what makes the yankees so great. the hunger to win rings is always there year after year[pukes]
If you combined the Phillies and Red Sox there's a chance both of us would have a decent team in 2012. Fair payroll though.

you hit the nail on the head. Sit back, and relax, listen to the cash registers ring as they turn this team into the San Diego Padres.

so good, so good!

I would trade Pedroia - Beckett and Salty and Kalish before the end of the month.

Ciriaco has already won more games with his bat than the mouth/manager Pedroia.

Salty is a waste of time ...
guy cannot effectively call a 9 inning game, our swoon started when he became a starter.
I'd hand the job this year to Shop ... way better catcher and game caller - Lavarnway the backup.

Kalsih ... gone ... sorry i just don't see where the talent is with him.

We'll win more games without those players than we have won with them.

Ortiz i would re-up him now for 2 years and make him captain immediately.

Jacoby I would offer max money ASAP ... overpay even.
An outfield of Ross, jacoby and bradley i could really enjoy.

Bobby V needs to take Belichick out to eat at Strega ... get a quick course in Belichick/media 101

Last edited:
Ortiz i would re-up him now for 2 years and make him captain immediately.

Is this a joke? Ortiz...a captain?

That guy who constantly whines/complains to the media about the contract he signed? What a great role model for the rest of the guys! He's just as overly entitled as everyone else.

The guy who rudely showed up Terry Francona during a press conference to yell at him about a double he hit being ruled a single?

Yes he has good numbers this year, but so did Beckett last year (2.89 ERA), plus it's another contract year. Should have traded him at the deadline.

The guy who is currently "injured" from running the bases?

Also, look like John Lackey was the guy who ratted on Bobby V to upper-management. Please pay him to go away.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...as-the-snitch-in-the-boston-red-sox-clubhouse

Last edited:
Is this a joke? Ortiz...a captain?

That guy who constantly whines/complains to the media about the contract he signed? What a great role model for the rest of the guys! He's just as overly entitled as everyone else.

The guy who rudely showed up Terry Francona during a press conference to yell at him about a double he hit being ruled a single?

Yes he has good numbers this year, but so did Beckett last year (2.89 ERA), plus it's another contract year. Should have traded him at the deadline.

The guy who is currently "injured" from running the bases?

Also, look like John Lackey was the guy who ratted on Bobby V to upper-management. Please pay him to go away.

Report Suggests John Lackey Was a Snitch in Boston Red Sox Clubhouse | Bleacher Report

I have stated in the past that I would trade everyone except Pedroia and Lester. I would trade everyone, Pedroia and Lester too.

As far as Ortiz goes, unfortunately, he won't be here next year. His antics have grown tired. See ya. I would have loved to see him retire a Red Sox, but that's not gonna happen.

The whole team is an unaccountable mess, from Lucchino on down. I say fire Lucchino first, and go from there.

I have stated in the past that I would trade everyone except Pedroia and Lester. I would trade everyone, Pedroia and Lester too.

As far as Ortiz goes, unfortunately, he won't be here next year. His antics have grown tired. See ya. I would have loved to see him retire a Red Sox, but that's not gonna happen.

The whole team is an unaccountable mess, from Lucchino on down. I say fire Lucchino first, and go from there.
It doesn't come to me as a surprise that the Red Sox fortunes have been on the decline since John Henry bought Liverpool.

20110828-095552.jpg

More evidence of a rudderless ship down on Yawkey Way. Of course, no one would give a rats ***** if they were winning.

Probably 80% of ball players have a beer or two after a game, He might have grabbed a beer for a team mate, who knows, Hags is being a royal douche here, ironic since his nose is usually up the nearest Bruins players ahole.
Im not a Lackey fan and hated the signing but he went out last year and took the ball every 5 days with a shredded elbow ligament, now he's taking crap for travelling with the team when two years ago everyone was getting on Ellsbury for NOT travelling with the team.
I get it, the team sucks this year but these soap opera stories constructed by the media are way over the top. The players drinking beer after the game is NOT why this team sucks, they all did the same thing in 04 and 07. The Boston media sucks.

Probably 80% of ball players have a beer or two after a game, He might have grabbed a beer for a team mate, who knows, Hags is being a royal douche here, ironic since his nose is usually up the nearest Bruins players ahole.
Im not a Lackey fan and hated the signing but he went out last year and took the ball every 5 days with a shredded elbow ligament, now he's taking crap for travelling with the team when two years ago everyone was getting on Ellsbury for NOT travelling with the team.
I get it, the team sucks this year but these soap opera stories constructed by the media are way over the top. The players drinking beer after the game is NOT why this team sucks, they all did the same thing in 04 and 07. The Boston media sucks.

I was thinking the team plays better on the road than at home ... they can also drink in the clubhouse on the road. Of course the media did not make that connection.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back