PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPER JULES!

I read his bio co-authored by Curran, it was a good read.

It's funny how many people feel Gronk has a come-back left in him, yet don't even consider Jules.

Personally, I think both have moved on from the game and aren't coming back.

I read his bio co-authored by Curran, it was a good read.

It's funny how many people feel Gronk has a come-back left in him, yet don't even consider Jules.

Personally, I think both have moved on from the game and aren't coming back.

In both cases their bodies are shot. Edelman knee, Gronk back. And both were smart to leave when they did.

Gronk reached out to Tampa Bay in November but they didn't come to an agreement for Gronk's return. He seems to be hinting a possible return in 2023 if Brady doesn't retire. He has said he won't play with another QB. I think Gronk probably has the capacity to be a highly productive TE2. For example if Brady goes to LVR then Gronk could be TE2 to Waller's TE1.

I have very little confidence that Edelman has anything left in the tank.

Gronk reached out to Tampa Bay in November but they didn't come to an agreement for Gronk's return. He seems to be hinting a possible return in 2023 if Brady doesn't retire. He has said he won't play with another QB. I think Gronk probably has the capacity to be a highly productive TE2. For example if Brady goes to LVR then Gronk could be TE2 to Waller's TE1.

Gronk is finito, he can't run anymore. All the noise hinting this and that is just stirring the pot for attention. I saw him interviewed just a few days ago where he expressed being pretty much past the point of no return and not missing the aggravation.

In both cases their bodies are shot. Edelman knee, Gronk back. And both were smart to leave when they did.
I feel like Edelman could easily play a half-season of elite football but that's about it.

Both played their positions at an extremely high level, taking and giving punishment. Both are smart to remember the enjoyment and the pain the game provided to them and move on to the next phase of their lives.

He was my favorite as well, though Big Vince gives him a good run. He's just a hot s*** in every way, on the field, off the field, goofing off, bird-dogging the ladies, whatever. He's about the most intelligent player I've become familiar with as well, not just football smart: smart smart.

"When you’re a younger player – I remember you play a couple guys and they’re in their absolute prime when you’re still trying to figure things out," Edelman said. "And then you figure things out and it’s like four or five years later, and that guy that you still are battling who was a badass dude has diminished – that’s blood in the water. I’m going to embarrass him every time. I’m going to try to light him up, because I remember how hard it was and how he used to embarrass me.

"The blood was in the water. Guys were going to come after me. I had to get out."

Edelman is absolutely finished. His knee is now bone on bone.

The catch against Atlanta in the SB was probably Edelman's most famous catch and rightfully so. I'll never forget it and it's on my Avatar). LOL

However, he also made another sensational catch to keep another comeback alive in the SB against Seattle. It was 3rd and 14 and he caught the ball on a 21 yard play pass by Brady. Doesn't sound that significant, but on that play Jules took a crushing hit from Kam Chancellor and still held on to the ball. If that play had happened today, he probably would have been put in the "tent" for a possible concussion.

Edelman was one hell of a clutch player and an all time favorite of mine.

I remember when he started when welker got ijured and sat in Kraft's box. Jules had an amazing first down play I wish was on youtube and I seem to remember he ahd a great game.But as time went on I wanted him cut. Seemed he was injured a lot and was dropping balls. Then something happened and he became another Welker. It pays to stick with some guys.

Last edited:
The catch against Atlanta in the SB was probably Edelman's most famous catch and rightfully so. I'll never forget it and it's on my Avatar). LOL

However, he also made another sensational catch to keep another comeback alive in the SB against Seattle. It was 3rd and 14 and he caught the ball on a 21 yard play pass by Brady. Doesn't sound that significant, but on that play Jules took a crushing hit from Kam Chancellor and still held on to the ball. If that play had happened today, he probably would have been put in the "tent" for a possible concussion.

Edelman was one hell of a clutch player and an all time favorite of mine.

after looking at it again, not only would edelman would have wound up in the concussion protocol, but Chancellor would have flagged for a head shot (that was helmet to helmet, and MIGHT have be ejected for targeting. But that was then when both players would have been congratulated for a great catch and a great hit. Ah, I miss those days.

after looking at it again, not only would edelman would have wound up in the concussion protocol, but Chancellor would have flagged for a head shot (that was helmet to helmet, and MIGHT have be ejected for targeting. But that was then when both players would have been congratulated for a great catch and a great hit. Ah, I miss those days.

The hit was high but appears it was shoulder to shoulder; that's what I recall from slower replays and this suggests same. Edelman definitely looks like he went down from being knocked wobbly. What's funny is he wanted to keep going SO BAD that he stayed on his feet and gained more yards whereas most guys would've gone down immediately from a hit like that.

Last edited:
Miss this guy, my all-time favorite Patriot. Some great shots to remember him by ...

View attachment 49189

View attachment 49190

View attachment 49191

View attachment 49192
Edelman was the epitome of hard work overcomes talent. I mean he had some elite qualities but he was never considered an elite athlete. However when it came to crunch time he was always there for us. He made plays in the clutch and the lights were never too bright for him. Julian Edelman truly a professional and an all-time great Patriot!

Look! Up in the sky...it's a bird...it's a plane...*splat!*...uh...it's a bird.. :(

One of, if not, my all time favorite Patriots. My kid is named after him.

Look! Up in the sky...it's a bird...it's a plane...*splat!*...uh...it's a bird.. :(

That wasn't the bird, Joe, just the payload it dropped on your head. ;)

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back